Singh Marries Singh

Guest Ojaam

I for one am not against GAY marriages. I don't really care about what people do. They can marry a <admin-profanity filter activated>, billi..etc etc.. none of my concerns.

Singhs in question can get married in a court or whtever ceremony BUT their marriage shouldn't/can't happen according to SIKH maryada.

ps: Those emoticons are "my way" of representing that there will always be supporters and protesters when it comes to such issues. I am sure many don't like "my way" of expressing thoughts.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really understand this 'getting married for spiritual progress'. If they wanna progress together "spiritually" they can just stay together, I don't think they have to be married for that.

I can stay with a bibi for spiritual reasons BUT i don't have to be married. No physical relation exists but they are together. I am sure world would point fingers BUT the bibi and the guy know what they are doing, Guru Ji knows what they are doing..

Excuse me, but please don't try and change the topic to intent now. It is about gay or straight or otherwise we wouldn't be discussing this topic for four freaking pages. People have even trying to post direct quotes saying homosexuality isn't encouraged in sikhi. I will not discuss this further if people try and change it to intent. I don't believe this is what it is about. This person asked about two singhs wanting to marry, which in my book, is a gay marriage and I don't have a problem with that at all. You can discuss intent on your own time. Either you're for gay or not for gay relationships. It's really that simple. I hate it when people just change things up in the middle.

I really don't find it wrong if married couples just have sex for pleasure either. Otherwise, it just feels like a routine to produce kids. Besides, even if you were having sex just for kids, IMHO, you would still get pleasure from it.

AND THOSE WAVEY HAND SYMBOLS YOU'RE LAUGHING AT, TO ME, ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN THE HAIL HITLER SIGNS THAT THE NAZIS USED TO USE! IT DISGUSTS ME THAT MUCH TO MOCK SOMETHING SOMEONE DOESN'T CHOOSE TO BE!!!

lol peacemaker i can usually giggle at ur displays of emotions, is shows that u care, which is not a bad thing........but when u start viewing all responses through ur single-mindedness, well.....thata where i start grinding me teeth at you. :D

where in my response am i isolating, or "showing a hitlar" sign to gays and lesbians? hehehe u realy make me laugh :@

Excuse me, but please don't try and change the topic to intent now. It is about gay or straight or otherwise we wouldn't be discussing this topic for four freaking pages. People have even trying to post direct quotes saying homosexuality isn't encouraged in sikhi.

Excuse YOU but do i understand sikhi wrong? did Guru Nanak Dev Ji not stress that the intent of ur actions is all that waheguru sees? The show we show to he world will die with us, the intent with what it was done with is what is recorded........AND MY UR INFORMATION i have been "waving the intent" banner sice my first reply to this topic if you bother to read back.............im not stating or Factualising anything if anything im throwing questions out to sangat with YOU instead of spouting ur poison, have failed to give a respone inline with Sikhi...........

The truth NO matter now difficult id is for u to inderstand is: "WHERE THE INTENT IS UNPURE, AND BASED AROUND THE 5 VICES WITH GURBANI TELLS US ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS HAVE NO PLACE IN SIKHI, one cannot go into any relation GAY OR STRAGHT and say that they are the sikh of the GURU...............IT WILL ALWAYS COME DOWN TO INTENT.........the issue that arises here is whether we can see put our own EGO to see the right/wrongness of our INTENT!!!!

Thats all im saying on this and THIS DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY??? WHO THE HELL AM I TO PASS JUDGEMENT? my opinion counts for nothing cos i do not have to kamaai to back it up, but as we live in a democratic society and im simply exersicing my right to freedom of speech!!

Bh

Guest peacemaker
im not stating or Factualising anything if anything im throwing questions out to sangat with YOU instead of spouting ur poison, have failed to give a respone inline with Sikhi...........

Yo, I aint playing games no more. That line really @@@@@@ ME OFF. Where in this entire thread did I SPREAD POISON?!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, GIRL? Now you're just making stuff up and I won't tolerate it. I am supporting GAYS AND SAYING the people who mock them are the lowest people on God's green earth. IS THAT POISON TO YOU? IS THAT WHAT YOU MEAN?!! Then let me die with that venom in my blood, so help me god!

Guest _malkeet_

i dont think that there is any difference between a man and woman getting married, and gay couples marrying. This physical frame/body is just a vessel for our soul. our body will perish, but our soul is eternal. I dont think vaheugurji sees a "gender" this is just a term which we have created in our perception of what is real. im sure vaheuguruji doesnt see gender, caste, race, religion, species. All that is seen is the soul and its actions and sins.

im not stating or Factualising anything if anything im throwing questions out to sangat with YOU instead of spouting ur poison, have failed to give a respone inline with Sikhi...........

Yo, I aint playing games no more. That line really @@@@@@ ME OFF. Where in this entire thread did I SPREAD POISON?!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, GIRL? Now you're just making stuff up and I won't tolerate it. I am supporting GAYS AND SAYING the people who mock them are the lowest people on God's green earth. IS THAT POISON TO YOU? IS THAT WHAT YOU MEAN?!! Then let me die with that venom in my blood, so help me god!

dude chill, its a forum wer not at war, lets stop tryin to be mighty warriors n 'discuss' like calm non stress heds

Peacemaker - I really do agree with you in this matter.

Firstly - who CARES?!? Don't people have other things to do than judging other people?

Secondly - its nothing unnatural about being homosexual - they haven't DECIDED that they want to like people of the same gender- most homosexuals actually HATE IT. THEY HATE being homosexuals - because EVERYONE discriminates them for it. Everyone treats the like trash. EVERYONE thinks they're some kind of FREAKS. Most peolpe - if they could CHOOSE (or take a pill to become) heterosexual - would do it! (they'd take the pill; to become heterosexual) - but they CAN'T!

Since they haven't DECIDED to CHOOSEN to become homosexual - they CAN'T be wrong. Since they haven't choosen to become homosexual - it must be someone ELSE who has decided that - may'be it was God's will after all?

May've GOD decided that - this person is to become homosexual. Why? I don't know - but it seems to be the only plausible solution. It could be karma. It could be hukam. But the only thing for us to worry about- is how to accept the "Bhana" - or the "hukam" or the will of God.