Singh Marries Singh

Guest Ojaam

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

You forgot a couple of digits there, Lowest of the low Singhni, it should be 60,000 years. That's how long homosexuality has been around. And, even if two people who are amritdhari, straight and married, have sexual relations to produce an offspring, please don't tell me they don't get some pleasure from the act either. It's nearly impossible otherwise we'd all be test tube babies.

bahahahahahahahaha ^^^^^^^^^@Banda wavey hand gesture thing :D

lols, the issue here is not about whether one is gay or straight.............its all about INTENT, whether u are gay/straight/married/single the act od sexual intercourse with lustful and kaam related then how is ur sikhi going to stay in tact or progress,

We seem to be stuck on the Gay/Straight terminology here but the deep root cause that needs to be addressed is the intent..........now a man and a woman engage in sexual intercourse to breed, this is the case with a animals and beings. PROCREATION..........hanna?

Now here we need to clarify exactly what criteria is used to define someone being "gay" whether it is in the mind or a physical action, the the intent behind is kaam, i no=one to say what is right or wrong only waheguru decides that, but my dumb brain says, that kinda does not fall inline with sikhi......

Again Straight or Gay is irrelevent, the prinicple of intent applies to all people

Guest peacemaker
bahahahahahahahaha ^^^^^^^^^@Banda wavey hand gesture thing :D

lols, the issue here is not about whether one is gay or straight.............its all about INTENT, whether u are gay/straight/married/single the act od sexual intercourse with lustful and kaam related then how is ur sikhi going to stay in tact or progress,

We seem to be stuck on the Gay/Straight terminology here but the deep root cause that needs to be addressed is the intent..........now a man and a woman engage in sexual intercourse to breed, this is the case with a animals and beings. PROCREATION..........hanna?

Now here we need to clarify exactly what criteria is used to define someone being "gay" whether it is in the mind or a physical action, the the intent behind is kaam, i no=one to say what is right or wrong only waheguru decides that, but my dumb brain says, that kinda does not fall inline with sikhi......

Again Straight or Gay is irrelevent, the prinicple of intent applies to all people

Excuse me, but please don't try and change the topic to intent now. It is about gay or straight or otherwise we wouldn't be discussing this topic for four freaking pages. People have even trying to post direct quotes saying homosexuality isn't encouraged in sikhi. I will not discuss this further if people try and change it to intent. I don't believe this is what it is about. This person asked about two singhs wanting to marry, which in my book, is a gay marriage and I don't have a problem with that at all. You can discuss intent on your own time. Either you're for gay or not for gay relationships. It's really that simple. I hate it when people just change things up in the middle.

I really don't find it wrong if married couples just have sex for pleasure either. Otherwise, it just feels like a routine to produce kids. Besides, even if you were having sex just for kids, IMHO, you would still get pleasure from it.

AND THOSE WAVEY HAND SYMBOLS YOU'RE LAUGHING AT, TO ME, ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN THE HAIL HITLER SIGNS THAT THE NAZIS USED TO USE! IT DISGUSTS ME THAT MUCH TO MOCK SOMETHING SOMEONE DOESN'T CHOOSE TO BE!!!

I work with the Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Trans-sexual/Trans-gender/Two-Spirited/Queer/Questioning/Inter-sexed community. This community faces innumerable barriers and obstacles and those who are making light of their situations are complete fools. I agree with Peacemaker that there is little difference between the wavey hand symbol or Hitler's hail signs, or even people misuing our sacred Sikh symbols out of hate. If all of us here were as Gurmat-oriented as the advice on this topic we are trying to give, then we would certainly not be spewing hate via homophobic imagery and encouraging homophobia through jokes.

Homophobia - the fear of and hate towards people belonging to or even defending the LGBTTTQQI community is completely unacceptable, even more so for Sikhs who face similar barriers and violence due to our marginalization from mainstream society. Just as we all flip out on people who write anti-sikh messages here, BANDA and others's responses are equally troublesome. Even though we can say "It wasn't meant to be mean/hurtful", the fact of the matter is that these "light" jokes we make end up only further marginalizing this community and creating more barriers for them, increasing the already shocking amount of violence against them, and it is simply against Gurmat to make life so difficult to others. Sure, what they do may not be according to Gurmat, but that doesn't mean they are not humans and do not deserve equal rights and respect as everyone else.

To those who have responded hatefully in this thread, when did you last do amritvelaa? How respectable is your rehit? Look at all the anti-Gurmat things you yourself do before pointing fingers at others. If you had any sense of Gurmat, you would not respond with hate, but with understanding and empathy. You would see the struggles this community faces, find commonalities with yourself, and respond accordingly. Again, we may find it to be against Gurmat, but spewing hate is surely not in-line with Gurmat either.