Care needed with Online Gurbani

AK-47

Sangat Ji, just thought id point out something which i heard recently.

A young lad decided that becuae his dad did a lot of gurbani that for his birthday he would give him an extra special birthday present.

What he did was... :) he printed out the whole of Guru Granth Sahib Ji at home on his printer on paper and gave it to his dad to read. :@

Obviously the young lad didnt know what he was doing, he thought he was doing something nice for his dad, but gurbani is gurbani and having all of the bani from Guru Granth Sahib Ji together in that way constitutes Guru Ji as Guru Ji, and thus needs to be respected with the full care. The father fortunetly knew that his son had made a mistake and brought Guru Ji to the Gurdwara Sahib, where they are sending Guru Ji to somewhere in Punjab where proper saskar can be undertaken.

Just thought id ask any people with websites which host Gurbani to please put up some kind of notice to advice people that Gurbani is Gurbani even if printed on paper as oppossed to in a gutka sahib, and that they should not just print it out and keep it lying about. Also advice specifically not to print out the whole of Guru Ji!! If they do print any Gurbani please treat with respect!

thank you, sorry if this is already done on most sites, but since it happened to this boy im guessing that not enough of a notice is put up! maybe you guys ca

n programe something that when they click print a message pops up or something!??!

Guest mehtab

thats one reason i never downloaded SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB even on my computer...i had it in my hard drive in college but deleted it coz bani is after all bani and the utmost care has to be taken to avoid any kind of be-adbi...so yes i fully support your concern...and i must add just as u did that even the nitnem banis or other banis that are printed or are in gutke shud be treated with utmost respect ^_^

good point :)

waheguru jio!

I know wher eyour coming from singh ji.. but its not like how it use to be where there was guru sahib teaching us the way and what bani meant and directing us. We are on our own now and as you can see, you see some people going to the left, right north all directions. All can be different paths but different ways.

But anyway .. my point is .. on the internet .. anyway who is not on the rite track .. i think its good way to get them back on track. I can talk on my behalf cuz if it wasnt for online kirtan, gurbani, online downloadable scripts of bani, i wouldnt be in sikhi dat much. I think i learn somethin new everyday.

Hmmm.. just my two cents. But i totally respect where your coming from veerji ... keep posting :e:

bhul chuk maph!

Guest balwinderkaur
waheguru jio!

I know wher eyour coming from singh ji.. but its not like how it use to be where there was guru sahib teaching us the way and what bani meant and directing us. We are on our own now and as you can see, you see some people going to the left, right north all directions. All can be different paths but different ways.

But anyway .. my point is .. on the internet .. anyway who is not on the rite track .. i think its good way to get them back on track. I can talk on my behalf cuz if it wasnt for online kirtan, gurbani, online downloadable scripts of bani, i wouldnt be in sikhi dat much. I think i learn somethin new everyday.

Hmmm.. just my two cents. But i totally respect where your coming from veerji ... keep posting :e:

bhul chuk maph!

agree....its okay for bani to be online....its our responsibility to treat it with utmost respect. we have to educate the public about this.

I think we should also have respect for audio tapes, CDs, videos and DVDs with Gurbani contents. Sometimes it's easy to place a Gurbani CD on the floor without realising.

Bani is available for PDAs, I also think we need to be very careful about downloading and carrying GurBani on a PDA. How many people carry their Nitnem Gutkas around with them??