Sharia Law In The Uk Seems "unavoidable"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that post wasn't meant to be patronising - i was saying in general. There's so much stuff that we hear/read on the internet that isn't correct. We don't want to make the same mistake that other people make about sikhs/sikhi and just go by what we hear/see on tv or whatever... my point is, only refer to things that u kno as 100% correct/factual...

Heera

Like proactive said, if you think someone has spoken an untruth, then please do let us know.

Also, since you are so keen to give the Musalmans the 'benefit of the doubt' when it comes to Shariah, let me illustrate with one example the myriad of complexities that would acompany introducing Shariah alongside Biritish Law.

Archbishop Williams and his Islamic choir boys, consisting of the MCB, MPAC and various other lunatics, are asking for Shariah to be introduced in the spheres of marriage, divorce, inheritance and family disputes - ie, civil Shariah jurisprudence.

Now, let's take married life. According to British Law domestic violence is illegal and carries a criminal sentence. However, in Islam, wife-beating is not a criminal offence, it comes under their civil code and is perfectly legitimate. Let me use the example of 'Prophet' Muhammed giving his wife a few slaps:

Book 004, Number 2127:

as I lay down in the bed, he (the Holy Prophet) entered the (house), and said: Why is it, O 'A'isha, that you are out of breath? I said: There is nothing. He said: Tell me or the Subtle and the Aware would inform me. I said: Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be ransom for you, and then I told him (the whole story). He said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you? She said: Whatsoever the people conceal, Allah will know it. He said: Gabriel came to me when you saw me. He called me and he concealed it from you. I responded to his call, but I too concealed it from you (for he did not come to you), as you were not fully dressed. I thought that you had gone to sleep, and I did not like to awaken you, fearing that you may be frightened.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...t.html#004.2127

Now, as we all know, Muhammed's example is the one that Muslims are supposed to follow.

So, let's say that Shariah personal law pertaining to married life is introduced as a parallel legal system in the UK: is wife beating a criminal offence or not? It is according to British Law, but not to Shariah. According to Shraiah a man has divine sanction to beat his wife, just like Muhamed did. (Not to mention Surah 4 verse 34 of the Quran that sanctions wife beating).

As you can see, it's not as simple as saying, 'let's leave the poor little Muzzies alone', it's much more complex than that.

I hope this has cleared up a few things for people. If you want more examples of Shariah implementation, just ask.

As an aside: I think it is shameful how Sikhs have become so liberal in their attitude towards Muslims; all of you who are crying rivers for the Iraqis and Afghans and lamenting the 'plight' of Muslims in this country are so deluded it's unreal.

Like proactive said, if you think someone has spoken an untruth, then please do let us know.

Also, since you are so keen to give the Musalmans the 'benefit of the doubt' when it comes to Shariah, let me illustrate with one example the myriad of complexities that would acompany introducing Shariah alongside Biritish Law.

have u even read what i said? all i've said is before y'all start sayin things about sharia law, make sure i's true...

where have i said i'm giving Muslimes "the benefit of the doubt"... where have i said it wud be a good idea to implement sharia law? maybe u shud read before u reply to my post...

Heera Singh

Unless you knew for a fact that the comments on this thread were incorrect then you shouldn't really stick your nose in. You post was patronising in that it assumes that the posters didn't know what they were commenting on so your sanctimonious advice was needed by them.

Muzumdar,

Like you I am also amazed at the amount of bleeding hearts liberals on this forum. If there is a discussion going on then some muppet thinks he has the right to butt in and advise the participants that they might not know what they are discussing. He knows zilch himself but assumes that like him the others on the forum don't read up and research the topic they are discussing.

wow... can you READ before u reply to me??? i'll try one more time to explain to you... NOWHERE have i said that anybody was incorrect.. what i SAID was before making a comment, people should be sure what they're sayin is correct, because there are a lot of times that things are said by hearsay which necessarily aren't true..

NOWHERE have i endorsed Sharia Law,.. tell me.. have YOU studied Sharia Law??? do u kno Sharia Law is somethin that can be studied jus like "business Law" or "family Law" or something??? i highly doubt it... so before u say 'he knows zilch' u might wanna look in the mirror.. and don't think because maybe u've read some stuff on the internet that makes u an expert..

read before u reply to a post...

Maybe you should read what I wrote before you try to explain yourself. Did I say you supported Sharia Law? That was Muzumdar so take that up with him. How you know what the words Imply and Implication mean? Well your comments implied that the people who were commenting on here didn't know what they were discussing so they needed your foolish input and advice. So you now state that you don't think that anyone was incorrect! Then why post your advice? Are you going to now post the same advice on all the other threads as well?

I think I can confidently say that I know a lot more about Sharia law than you do. So what did you do, google sharia law and thought you would be clever and say how sharia can be studies as other forms of law. Wow we have to bow to your googling skills.

if u had a hard time reading post #23... i'll copy n paste it:

that post wasn't meant to be patronising - i was saying in general. There's so much stuff that we hear/read on the internet that isn't correct. We don't want to make the same mistake that other people make about sikhs/sikhi and just go by what we hear/see on tv or whatever... my point is, only refer to things that u kno as 100% correct/factual...

where have i said people 'needed' my advice? the reason why i posted that is because there is so much stuff that we say/think because of hearsay or internet/media which is not correct a lot of the time (especially when dealing with another faith; especially Islam).. people always make mistakes about sikhs that they hear through the media or their friends or whatever... which is why we shud be aware when posting about other faiths because we don't want to do the same thing... thats all...

google? haha... ur funny... no.. i have muslim friends who I've spoken to about this... maybe u DO know more then me, maybe u don't... thats not the point.. maybe when u actually get to realize my point, this thread can move on...

Bless!