How Can Dhumma Hold Meetings With Badal

SaRpAnCh

What’s wrong with questioning?

If the person represents a certain people - there are people he should associate with - and those he can not.

Do tell me why Dhumma is associating with the likes of Badal - who constantly focus on how to get MORE money, how to get MORE power - paisa, paisa paisa.

As for Guru Hargobind Sahib ji associating with Jahangir; could you please provide the reference for this (I know they exist….just need their recalling)

Badals may be worthless leaders, but they're still better the next choice=> Congress.

I don't know why people get so worked up with these types of meetings. Negotiations, political manouvering is all part of rajniti. The goal should be for the betterment of the Panth. I know many people openly diss Baba Harnam Singh, but let the man do his seva in whatever capacity he's able to and ignore the few points you don't agree with. He's not out to destroy sikhi or anything, perhaps he has own ambitions of becoming a leader like Santji, but still his efforts help sikhs not hurt them.

Sorry, but here I disagree with you. Punjab was much better under the congress rule of Amrinder Singh. Although he's been worked up in some dodgy issues as well- the amount he's done for the betterment of Punjabis the lst four years is much more than badals doen in his political career. Also, it should be pointed out that if anyone has been negotiated with the Pakistani Punjab government it's him. It's due to this man that Punjab government (of Pakistan) has started providing many services towards Sikh toursits (which obviously is in the Pakistan governments interest as well)...Building of new roads and other facilities...

So no, congress rule in Punjab is much better than Badal, who openly uses Gurdwara funds to finance his propaganda.

That character of the Akali Dal members of today is horrible. Not only do they drink, and take drugs with their bana, and kakkars on…they do a lot more.

As for Baba Dhummas character – can be seen in the fact that he not only (indirectly) calls the previous DDT leader a liar, but also indulges in acts that go against Gurmat – i.e havans. I’m not the least surprised he holds secret meetings with the Badals who openly go and bow in front of Dehdharis.

The only thing Badals are out for is votes, and the only thing these people who are holding under-cover-meetings with these shady characters is power. What betterments for Panth they bring is yet to be seen.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• So, are you saying Guru ji isn't God? Or are you saying the British encouraged this belief?
    • Part of the problem is the hostilities between India and Pakistan. If the border were open, Amritsar would easily become a huge trading city. Secondly, the National Highways Authority of India is constructing a new 6-lane expressway from Kashmir, through Amritsar/Jalandhar/Ludhiana to Dehli which will be part of the Ludhiana-Delhi-Kolkatta Industrial Corridor.  Maps of the New Silk Road show Kolkata as a key part of the "road". The Punjab to Kolkata expressway and rail connections will fulfill the ability to hook up to the New Silk Road.  In addition, while crossing to Pakistan via AH1 (Asian Highway 1) is difficult, India does connect to AH1 on the other side, towards the East. Finally, Punjab can trade with the world via Mundra port in Gujurat. Rail to Mundra, then sea onwards. Dubai is very close with a free port. If you send products to Iran, there are ground links onward to Europe.
    • Yeah, that's one possibility. Another I initially thought is that it's a Muslim trying to gather info. But then, you might ask, how does he know about Sikh textual sources. Well, you'd be surprised at their resourcefulness. A final possibility is he's a weak Sikh who was asked a question by a non-Sikh and now he's suddenly feverishly wondering where it's "written" that you can't marry a young child. To the latter, I would say, you're looking in the wrong spot. Gurbani isn't a 1428 page rulebook, like Leviticus or the Vedas: ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਪੁੰਨ ਪਾਪ ਬੀਚਾਰਦੇ ਤਤੈ ਸਾਰ ਨ ਜਾਣੀ ॥ ਤਤੈ ਸਾਰ ਨ ਜਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਤਤੈ ਸਾਰ ਨ ਜਾਣੀ ॥ The Simritis and Shastras discriminate between charity and sin, but know not the essence of the Real Thing. Without the Guru, they know not the essence of the Reality, know not the essence of the Reality. Anand Sahib.
    • You're confusing two different things: One is merely adding starch to a turban to get a certain feel to the fabric. The other is tying your turban once and taking it off like a hat. It is this that people have a problem with. What's wrong with it is that Rehit says to tie your turban afresh every time. If you ask, "Where is that written?", it's written in Bhai Nand Lal ji's Rehitnama. @ipledgeblue didn't just make it up. Umm, no, bro. We're not evangelical Christians like President George W Bush of the US claiming to "talk to God" who told him to invade Iraq. "Speaking to him directly" basically ends up being doing whatever you feel like with the excuse that Guru ji told you to do it. If you still want to take your turban off like a hat, feel free to do so, but don't claim that it's Rehit.
    • You don't need to wear either a pag or dumalla in the gym. You can simply wear a meter or 1.5m small turban (gol pagg or round turban). It doesn't come off.

Important Information

Terms of Use