Another Sad Day For Sikhs

Gurvah

The committee have a stranglehold on the gurdwara and every election is an unfair event. The introduction of byelaws is another attempt by this committee to gag and quieten the voice of the Sangat.

Your attention is drawn to the bylaws that empower the committee members or their NOMINATED persons (yellow jacket hired thugs) to suspend anyone's membership and expel them from meetings, etc, on SUSPICION OF conduct that THEY DEEM unfit.

This encroaches on the member's already weak rights as seen by the committee's oppressive tactics to expel people and refuse issues to be put to the general body.

These moves are anti Sikh idealogy of the supremacy of the Sangat ( membership) which our Guru's bestowed on the Sikhs.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fatheh!!

Dhan Dhan Satguroo Sree Guroo Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj!!!

Gurvah - in your post you talk about beadbi occuring, forgive me but beadbi occured in your post when you referred to Guroo jee consisting of pages. Guroo jee consists of Angs...please try not to use the word pages when referring to Guroo Jee... How did no one else pick up on it? or is it acceptable? :@

Furthermore, what can be done about this committee? Is legal action a viable option?

I can't speak about the comittee being anti panthic and such but what I can say is Park Avenue is very chardhee kallaa, the amount of sangat they have on a regular basis, day in, day out, I've heard the amrit vela is amazing with the darbar sahib packed out with sangat!! so you can imagine the amount of potential there is to increase all of this parchar of sikhi in southall and the surrounding area....so although you might not live in southall, or london, you've still got a responsibility to help out.

Please sanagat, lets try and work out some viable options to sort the issues out here.

Bhul chuk maaf....

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fatheh!!

Get lawyers involved, take legal advice to what can be done about this, form a sub-committee that will contact the committee members and include their testimony to a corporate lawyer, I'm sure this is illegal and something can be done about it.

sometimes people wud rather sit and complain then actually do something productive like this... this CAN be taken to court.. yet no sikhs have taken the initiative to contact lawyers and no sikh lawyers have even stepped up to the plate... it seems this sort of stuff is always happening in the UK, but nody wants to take action...

Im sure they have considered taking this to court, but that may mean taking a Gurdwara to court and spending more of sangats money - because I doubt the committee will use their own. Maybe if no other options can be seen they will do that!

The cause can be looked as "the greater good"... spend some money to save more money in the future --- at the end of the day though, i's nah about money.. i's about proper satkar for Guru Sahib and propper SEVA of the sangat... we gotta remember, the role of the Gurdwara committee is not to 'run' anything, but jus to seva of the sangat and do wha's best for Sikhi... everythin has to be done as per Gurmat

isn’t the Gurdwara a registered charity? I’m sure the charities commission could look in to the matter? Just an idea.

http://www.independentexaminers.co.uk/down...20(updated).pdf

that could be an idea... any sangat in UK wanna take a look into this?

Im sure they have considered taking this to court, but that may mean taking a Gurdwara to court and spending more of sangats money - because I doubt the committee will use their own. Maybe if no other options can be seen they will do that!

this'll probably be a bad thing for sikhi relations

imagine the headlines:

sikhs sue gurdwara