kirpans at school

V

PLEASE READ THIS POST, DO NOT IGNORE IT.

wjkk wjkf

This is a topic which is being ignored by every one, one only pays attention to it; if it comes to that person. Many of us think that we can wear kirpans in schools of Ontario, we can! but for your knowledge let me tell you it's just a privilage not a right. Means that being a privilage it's just an advantage given to us(sikhs) by the government of Ontario that sikhs can wear only 6 inch kirpan in schools, they can tell us to take it off when ever they think it is a danger to public life (unfortunately this is what they think), but if it is passed as a law that sikhs has the RIGHT to wear kirpans they can not tell us to take it off, no matter where we go in Canada.

Lets take the issue of Gurbaj Singh from montreal , I was so effected by the courage and the love this sikh have for sikhi and for guru ji that he denied to take off his kirpan as a result he is not allowed in school. For more than one year he is studing at his home. He and his family are new immigrants from India, but they are still fighting in courts so that we who were born here( in Canada) and still ignoring this important issue can go in schools wearing kirpans, how unthankful and selfish we are. Here is the link (http://www.sikhs.ca/kirpan/thekirpancase.html ) which tells you the whole story, it deeply effected my heart when i read the story that people could be so racist and unthankful, unthankful because they don't know that if a sikh wears a kirpan he will use it to protect the poor not to chop apples or to show off.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji say :-

If a sikh does not have a shaster with him, he is equal to goat , a sikh should not show

himself to others without a shasters. Now it's up to us that IF WE WANT TO BE A GOAT OR A TIGER (SINGH).

I would like every one to teach their community about sikhs, and five K's don't just tell tey are symbols, they are much more than symbols, get your dasvandh (10% of your income) involved in this issue, otherwise that day is not far when kirpans will be banned in Canada like they did in France.

wjkk wjkf

^_^

Welcome to the board :)

that is indeed true

here only not more than a few inch is aloud..

they said that

the Sikhs 'sword' is only symbolic, and not bigger thana few Cms rolleyes.gif :D @ :wub: @

We as a community need to take action! :@

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I was thinking, take it form a view of a school offical.. would he let someone wit a kirapn into a school, his duty is to protect the children

then the thing comes up he samritdhari so he knows when to use it, but what if he isnt i mean all sikhs arent good... look at the guy in cali who killed the other sikhs

just a thought

bull chak maaf

• 4 weeks later...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fate

When i took amrit and i had to wear kirpan at school(oviosly), rolleyes.gif the teachers fount out, they started saying that i have 2 take it off, i told them face 2 face, u make me take my kirpan off, i aint gunna bother turning up 2 this school. :@ @

Then i told them the whole story y we have 2 wear kirpan for starters, then they didnt say nuffin. :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fate

When i took amrit and i had to wear kirpan at school(oviosly), rolleyes.gif the teachers fount out, they started saying that i have 2 take it off, i told them face 2 face, u make me take my kirpan off, i aint gunna bother turning up 2 this school. :@ @

Then i told them the whole story y we have 2 wear kirpan for starters, then they didnt say nuffin. :@

^_^ MASsIVE RESPECT ^_^

Well I think you shoudl be happy bhenj

here the Kirpan is an '2 inch symbol' rolleyes.gif

There was this Singh who went to school,

Kirpan discovered - it court the lawyer said 'its jus a symbol, which can't be used for any damage rolleyes.gif '

and thne someone asked him, if it was longer would u take the case,

he siompply answer - that would be another case :) @

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

I don't carry a kirpan blush.gif since I ain't amritdhari blush.gif so I don't know what the rules are about having a kirpan on your person in school in Cali :T: . Anybody from Cali know? Are we allowed to have kirpan on us at school? As far as I know, no weapons allowed is what the school handbooks say...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Well I know in Canada (except for Quebec... they are a little backwards there) kirpans are pretty much OK. Several major court cases guarenteed the right of Sikhs to carry Kirpans in Canada (I hear but am not sure that maybe a 3-inch blade is OK?).

I know I have it since Gr. 10, and I'm OK!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i wear my kirpan under my close to school and only like 2 of my friends know about it. i heard u can get an offical licence stating it is a religious symbol so u wont be bothered. just to be on the safe side i want to get one of these licences...... if any one has any info about them can u plz reply