Amritdharis From Ramghar Orgin

singh1986

Im not educating anyone, but having a picture of Mahraj in a Darbar sahib or anywhere in the Gurdwara is not wrong.. its like a Farther having a picture of his son in his room... So whats wrong for Guru Ji to have picture of his children in his room?(darbar).. [Anyone who says now WE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF GURU JI AND WE SHUD ALL HAVE OUR PICTURE IN THE DARBAR SAHIB.. well that is just something Id expect from a 8 year old kid which would be totally against the point..] Also Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji was a Puran Brahm Giani there is no doubt about this.. and a Brahm Giani is from Nirankaar (sooner you realise this its better ).. Sorry If I said something wrong or if I said something off-topic or off the point.. Just thought id share some of our Guru Ji's Bachans with us :)

There is nothing wrong with pictures in Darbar but then some people start idol worshiping the pictures. <_< :6

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha u lot are funny... so sorry to create confusion lool. Its just i don’t like using the word I when discussing the amount of seva done or anything related because its not me who does it...its mahraj who makes us : )

Hope u understand lol.

gurfateh

People have ideas and beliefs based on what others have told them.

If someone says to you that as a baby, you were given amrit and you know nothing of Khande-de-Amrit, then you're gonna walk around thinking you're amritdhari. Only those who are blessed find the Truth.

Everyone is easily misled by Maya - she takes you in her beautiful embrace and seduces you. You become blind to the Truth. Naam cannot help you if you do not use it.

rm the nanaksar gurdwara site

. The food is not cooked at the Gurdwara but is brought by turn from amongst the devotees because it is a true belief that if you engage yourself in the selfless devotion of God

Nishan Sahib in not erected in any of Nanaksar Gurdwaras because it is a political symbol or an army flag. At Nanaksar, politics is never mixed with religion. Nanaksar is the center of pure devotion and Bhagtee and is equally available to people of all denominations as per the philosophy and teaching of our reverend Gurus that their teaching,

from a sikh site, This Nishan Sahib, as a matter of religious injunction or rule, must be hoisted at each and every building of the Gurdwara. The Nishan Sahib is changed every year. And it is very important to Sikhs. The Nishan Sahib is outside every Gurdwara may it be in the U.K, India or anywhere else.

why dont nanaksar gurdwaras have nishaan sahibs because they believe it is political?

and no i am not bashing their beliefs!!!1

gianis dont marry? whyyyy how is the panth going to carry on if they dont marry? issnt that hindu style believing being pure not marrying?

and yeah this is great about the gurdwaras

At all Gurdwaras, the classes to learn Gurmukhi (Punjabi language), Recitation of Path (reading of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee), playing of Harmonium and Tabla and singing of Kirtan are held on weekends as well as during the summer holidays. Almost all the Gurdwaras have provisions to provide free consultation and medicines by the qualified doctors to the needy in the community, but most gurdwaras do

and people dont judge me because i am not well educated in all aspects of sikhi as most of you

rm the nanaksar gurdwara site

. The food is not cooked at the Gurdwara but is brought by turn from amongst the devotees because it is a true belief that if you engage yourself in the selfless devotion of God

Nishan Sahib in not erected in any of Nanaksar Gurdwaras because it is a political symbol or an army flag. At Nanaksar, politics is never mixed with religion. Nanaksar is the center of pure devotion and Bhagtee and is equally available to people of all denominations as per the philosophy and teaching of our reverend Gurus that their teaching,

Whoever made the site has somethings mixed up. This is what I was told by someone from Nanaksar, hopefully someone will correct me if I get the story wrong.

Baba Nand Singh Ji never wanted to build a Gurudwara for himself, just a 'tat' or place to do bhagti. Due to circumstances there were long periods without any Langar available, so they didn't put up a Nishan Sahib. The Nishan Sahib has many purposes, one of which is to make the location of a Gurdwara and hence langar, visible from miles away. Since they didn't have the means to serve langar, they chose not to put up a Nishan Sahib. This 'tradition' has stuck with the jatha although they now have Langar like at any other Gurudwara.

gianis dont marry? whyyyy how is the panth going to carry on if they dont marry? issnt that hindu style believing being pure not marrying?

This is not to do with purity, i think it's because the Gyanis are expected to dedicate their whole lives 24/7 to sewa and are often rotated between the Gurdwaras so wouldn't have time to fulfil responsibilities at home. Could be wrong though.

Like many other groups, they've had their fair share of problems with certain people using and abusing the name.

Nanaksar wasn't supposed to have Gurdwaras - just Thaths, places for Bhagti, as posted above.

There are a few Nanaksar Thaths I have been to where there is no langar or anything. Just a protected throne for Maharaj and a place for sangat to sit. There is no money box - you matha tek and then sit down.

Slowly, bit by bit, the Lord filters in the knowledge and meaning of such ways.

Thanks for that Wicked Warrior. I also heard that they ask Sangat not to Matha Tek money, which has something to do with the lack of langar.

It's not because of lack of langar. Baba Nand Singh Ji did not want sevadars at the Thaths to be swayed by money like you see committee members at some Gurdwaras salivating over the day's takings these days. To remove attachment to something, it's sometimes easier to ban it. Instead of money, other offerings were allowed.

It's the same with not allowing sevadars to speak to women alone - a way of controlling their lust and ensuring nothing wrong was ever done, not even in the sevadar's mind.