Lots Of Advice Needed

IKB

dont eat at restaruants, its best not to, but its up to you.

Food wise, dont worry it wont take you long to look for food every time you go shopping, once you are used to being vege.

Best stuff for quick eating is those oven pizzas, and linda mccartney food, infact i just ate some delicious vegetarian, egg free sausage rolls.

Stick to sandwiches, steamed vegies, nuts (absolutley amazing), pitta bread, humous.

Sweet foods most choc chip cookies are ok, so are digestives, etc.

Soon enough you will know which foods are non-vegie by default.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you google veggie diet to find out some recipiesl. Don't take too much soy, too much is harmful for you. There's a lot of controvversy over soy and its effects on hormones etc. So, a little is thought to be quite good, too much is harmful.

You can easily get a lot of protein from green veggies, beans, sprouts, bread (some types - read the label).

Here's a recipe I like: Blend protein shake with banana, a handful fo spinach, whey protein, and water. You can also mix otherstuff in.

so u need a meal plan u say...

well been thru abt 3 months now, i'll put down what i normally have...

- Breakfast:

- Frosted or Coco Shreddies (really good for fibre)

- Brown bread with nutella (lotta sat. fat but its good stuff)

Lunch (mostly have it at school, limited options but there is still quite a few):

- Humus sandwich with veggies (really filling, and good nutrition)

- Sometimes get pasta with arabiatta sauce or bean sauce

Dinner:

- Get some flavoured rice packs, boil and put beans in it and ur done

- Noodles, cook, theres all kinds of veg. soups u can get, pick one, put it in u got some soup noodles

- Tacos... u can get Old El Paso refried beans, heat that, Get a tortilla put it on, put some veggies on it... salsa or taco sauce.. some cheese and ur good (didn't suggest this for lunch, cuz u really shouldn't hav beans if ur going outta ur humble abode... GAS.. lol)

- Frozen pizzas

Of course, under ideal conditions, I'd choose rotee n sabjee over the above. If you are living at home then I guess you can get someone to cook for you, but in my case i'm 4000 kms away. Anyways, hope the above gives you some good future meals.

O also, if u like yogurt add that.. rockon.gifthumbs_up.gif