Sikhsangat.com's Stand On Sri Dasam Granth

Sewadar

WJKK WJKF

I am not debating you in regards to the actions of Sri Desmesh Pita. I am simply stating, that Pita Ji gave Gurudom to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji then told us that all bani should be considered the manifestion of the Guru. I am not disputing or questioning the actions of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj, nor am I disputing the words of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj who has told us that all Bani is the Guru and the Guru is all Bani. I dont see where the exclusivity of Bani comes into play, when the Guru Ji has worded his/her Hukam with inclusivity of all Bani. If we agree that Sri Dasam Granth is Bani, then essentially we must adhere to the words of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Like I said this is my opinion, im not looking to start a debate. You are entitled to your own opinion.

WJKK WJKF

If what you say is true this would imply three Sri Jaap Sahib, Sri Chaupae’ Sahib and Swayae’ of the five Banis recited for Amritvela or indeed During Amrit Sanchar Ceremony etc are not equal to each other?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=10005 vah ji vah Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaj.

Great to see the SS making a positive stand.

Warrior paarji, i think Singhavelli Sahib is saying that all the Bani IS equal. I may have missed something though?

With regards to the mini debate between Smartsingh paarji and Singhavelli paarji. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj is our Eternal Guru, there is NO debating that but like Singhavelli quoted

"baanee guroo guroo hai baanee vich baanee anmrith saarae". I fail to see how Singhavelli paarji used this tukh out of context. In my opinion we should treat Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji's Bani exactly the same as the Bani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, theyre shouldnt be any difference when it comes to Satkar.

Just my opinion.

Chalo, we all are in love with the same Guru Sahib and we all bow our heads infront of the same Guru Sahib, so lets not let little minor differences in opinion come inbetween that prem.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

In several threads have I been saying the same thing as smartsingh.

If Guru Gobind Singh intended us to do Parkash or Dasam Granth, consider it to be Guru. Wanted us to do parkash ALONG with Guru Granth Sahib - why didn't he compile it himself?

I'm not discussing whether it's bani or not. No-one rejecting that most of it is. But the fact that he decided not to compile it - and then ordered sikhs to consider GURU GRANTH as Guru - raises quite a few questions...

As for Sikhsangat taking a stance. I think it's just funny how the first (1) Bann discussing the topic, (2) and then say that anyone posting anything against it will be put into moderation. Clearly censur - disallow views that go against our own.

Wheres the Vichar? Vidya Vichari ta parupkari!

No provocative, insulting or derogatory language will be tolerated against Dasam Granth Sahib

Whereas I think this is is fine, I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing. And if you're going to disallow the discussion - don't just disallow one side of the coin.

This may be controversial but I think it's necessary to say.

I think many young people on both sides of the debate aren't all that well educated on the issue of Dasam Granth. It's not a black/white issue and I think it's important to understand the nuances.

I agree that Dasam Granth is the rachna of Sri Guru Gobind Singh jee. But I think it's important for young people to understand that Dasam Granth isn't the same type of Granth as Sri Guru Granth Sahib. As the article linked to in the initial post says,

Sri Guru Granth Sahib is one granth comprising banee of different Gurus, Bhakhats, Bhatts etc. The

banee of Sri Guru Granth Sahib is on one theme and subject. It is a spiritual fountain. Primarily it is for

the uplifting of the soul and helps it unite with the Ultimate One.

Sri Dasam Granth Sahib on the other hand is a collection of different books, on different subjects but

coming from one pen. The theme of the volumes included in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib has a very vast

range. Absolute spirituality is found in Jaapu Sahib, Akaal Ustat etc. Shastar Nam Mala, Gyan Parbodh,

Chritropakhyan etc form the literary compositions. Then there are Puranic epics like Ramavtar,

Krishnaavtar, Chandi di vaar, Chaubees Avtar etc. The entire compositions are in conformity and aims of

Guru Granth Sahib.

Guru Gobind Singh didn't put all the compositions together and according to Bhai Kanh Singh Nabha, there was serious debate amongst the Sikhs as to whether the different types of compositions (spiritual, war-related and literary) should be together in one place. It was in fact decided that if Bhai Sukha Singh and Bhai Mehtab Singh were successful, all the compositions would stay together in one Granth and if they became Shahid, it would be divided into separate Granths. Obviously we know how that turned out.

Just as there are many hukumnamas from Sri Guru Hargobind Singh, Guru Har Rai Sahib, Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh, etc. and they are even partly in Guru Sahib's own writing, we don't consider them the same as the Bani of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. They have a different purpose.

In the same way, when Guru Gobind Singh jee wrote translations of Ram Avtar or Krishan Avtar, it's not the same thing as when Guru Sahib composed Jaap Sahib. They are different. So while the "aatmic" banian like Jaap Sahib, Akaal Ustat, etc. are very much the same as the bani in Guru Granth Sahib, works like Chritro Pakhyaan or Ram Avtar have a different aim which is more academic.

I think often we don't do the research to understand the issues and try to make everything black/white. But even if you listen to the many Gursikh scholars like Bhai Gopal Singh/Swami Brahmdev who support Dasam Granth, you'll realize they don't claim all of Dasam Bani is the same as the bani of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

Once again, I write this post reluctantly, but felt it was necessary.

As for Sikhsangat taking a stance. I think it's just funny how the first (1) Bann discussing the topic, (2) and then say that anyone posting anything against it will be put into moderation. Clearly censur - disallow views that go against our own.

Wheres the Vichar? Vidya Vichari ta parupkari!

SikhSangat follow Akal Takht and every Sikh must follow all mattas and hukamnamas of Akal Takht Sahib. Few years back Akal Takht saying was "No" discussion on Sri Dasam Granth and we followed that. Past few years some shrartey ansar kept working full time to do full damage and they did some. So anyway, few days back, we got ahold of the Akal Takht Matta (passed in 2006) claiming the support of Dasam Patshah Bani. Thus we will support Akal Takht matta by not allowing any Anti-Dasam Granth vicharan. This was decided by SikhSangat sewadars by seeing the Matta.

Singh123's reply should clear all shankas and minunderstanding from our minds and respect the works of our Dasam Patshah. Sikhsangat will not and never forced anybody to change their views. We will upload many sources online and then its upto the sangat to make their own decision. BUT we will not allow anyone to question the authority and authenticity of the Dasam Granth on SikhSangat.com

To those who are looking for answers: To find answer to one and all the queries regarding Dasam Granth, please send your specific question to dasamgranth@gmail.com

Topic Closed