Airport problems

I am travelling to the Middle East this weekend. Will stop over in Europe (no not France) on the way. My passport has an older picture where I am haircut and cleanshaven. I have procured all documents from the university regarding identification that its me. My father has been told that there shouldn't be any problem in USA or in Europe. My only concern is that I don't want to remove my turban. Anyone have anything else to suggest?

Don't worry, unles u got any pins or safety pins on your Dhumalla your are safe.

Hide ur Slaiy in ur wallet, and u'r all set to go :wub:

This is what happened me ocne-

I was coming back from London, and I had my slaiy, in my wallet and it ent thru the scanner and they begun looking for a sharp thinging in my Sisters's bag (cause my wallet was in there), and they dont find anything, and then they svcan it again and it was GONE ohmy.gif .

they couldn't find it any more...

SO they let us goi, and I was thinking all the time - it probably fell somewhere, and What VAheguru ji Did was for the best,

cause they mtie have told me i can't board or something, and when we came home we foudn it - it was lying in the kapra where we had othe Gutke ohmy.gif

Anyways...

Don't worry, unles sit's fance , and aint wearing Pins or safety Pins your all safe.

one warning - don't take ur BAJA with u tongue.gif . THey might take theri detector thinging and move it around ur dastaar, but that's about it.

When i was in Uk long ago, I used to wear Patka, and I had safety pins in it, and she was moving the thing over my head, and i was like- i DON't AHVE ANY BOMB, and it's squeeks cause fo the safety pins :lol: , so I took the thing on the above to the side and showed her the safety pins :(

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really thank and appreciate everyone's suggestions ^_^

This is what I am planning to do

1. I was thinking of tying my daara coz I hate gel, but I am not going to, coz it would suck, and I dunno how to tie it :lol:

2. I was thinking I'll wear just 1 turban in case they ask me to take it off, but I am going to wear keski and dastar both.

3. I'll keep my kangha in my wallet rather than in my jooda, coz just in case they need to feel my dastar, they'd think "Whats inside?" and make me take off my dastar. So to be safe I 'm gonna put it in my wallet.

4. I wear 2 sarbloh karre, and I am not sure what to do. Do I wear just one? Do I take it off when they scan me or what?

5. Kirpan can't be worn on any flight :( :wub: @

Thanks a lot for your input...any more are more than welcome

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I would print some of those Rights out....so they know u know ur rights.....im gonna do this for when i go back home.....cuz i wear dumalla and caribbean people don't know bout sikhs so they might think im taliban..... :e: ....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I really thank and appreciate everyone's suggestions  ^_^

This is what I am planning to do

1. I was thinking of tying my daara coz I hate gel, but I am not going to, coz it would suck, and I dunno how to tie it  :lol:

2. I was thinking I'll wear just 1 turban in case they ask me to take it off, but I am going to wear keski and dastar both.

that's what's wrong with us - we're ready to take it off before we're asked to..

(not refering to you, but in general, I remember in the wierdest question u ever got thread there was a page linked where the perosn keeped 'popping' of his dastaar rolleyes.gif )

Don't worry paaji no1 will say anything, keep FAith in maharaj

Unless ur goign VIA a middle eastern country I doubt anything will be said, especially if ur goign via UK

3. I'll keep my kangha in my wallet rather than in my jooda, coz just in case they need to feel my dastar, they'd think "Whats inside?" and make me take off my dastar. So to be safe I 'm gonna put it in my wallet.

if u werea keski and then a dastaar over it, the Kangha will hardly be noticed, and even if it is, it's out of WOOD so they'll scan ur dastaar and as it's a non-metal it wont peep :(

4. I wear 2 sarbloh karre, and I am not sure what to do. Do I wear just one? Do I take it off when they scan me or what?

They'll ask u to take if off when it squeeks in the machíene, and they'll ask u to put it to the side, just refused and say they can't go off, or their' too small to go off or something, and agian they'll scan u, but won't sya anything :wub:

5. Kirpan can't be worn on any flight  :)  :@ @

Thanks a lot for your input...any more are more than welcome

unfortuantly Kirpan aint Allowed

but above are the things Daas has gone through in EUROPE!

not sure about how tite the security is in the US, but Europe it's pretty safe, as last time I was in a BA flight i was wearing two Fat Kaare as well :) (and If i remember correctly a Dhumalla tongue.gif )

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

mehtab singh jee.. no need to tie ur dharee and no need to tie a small dastar.. they can't tell u take ur dastar off for no reason you can argue that it doesn't beep...then why should u take it off.even in the worst case they do tell u. ask them to take u in a private room.

and do five Chauapee Sahib de Paat and ardaas and leave everything in guroo sahib's hands...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Me, my mum and pendus went to India in 1989. Left Heathrow airport and arrived at Dehli airport. There was police waiting outside the terminals. They were holding a banner saying 'Jagmeet Singh Khalsa'. My mum and pendus got very worried. So my mum went to them asking why her sons name was printed on the banner. They said ' We have suspision Jagmeet Singh Khalsa is a terrorist'.

My mum burst into tears with laughter....i poped my head out, standing behind her. I was 4 years old, wearing yellow t-shirt and shorts and had a little white guti! LOL.gif

I dont remember the whole event, but i do remember going to India in yellow shorts!

Due to me having Khalsa as my last name, the Indian Police sh*ted themselves!

When my mum told me i was like... ohmy.gif

grin.gif