Did Bhai Bala Exist?

Sunny I always see negative posts coming from you. Your comments always start from something like conteroversial issue and then you goes "Is everybody getting mad at me". Last time I saw your post "100conflicts" where you share all the things that people fight about and updating your lists putting too much effort. I also saw your post Sheeadi pics of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji's. I mean why bring so much negative here. We don't really learn anything good but ending up confused and fighting.

Nothing bad against you but do some positive parchar my friend.

we shud look at was bhai bala even rule

everything seems to point that he wasnt a real person

it cud have been somehindus creating him, i dunt kno

but its wierd cuz guru nanak dev je and bhai mardana were always togetehr

history seems to point towards them, not bhai bala

when they did the udhasis, there were only two people

bhai bala does seem like a finctonoal person, hes not mentioneD ANYWHERE

y wud bhai gurdas je leave such an important person out?

Veer SunnybondSingh jee, you would not believe what you will see when you are on the GTR road going to Amritsar, a huge sign saying Dera Baba Handal and an arrow pointing towards the road.

Handalis do have a following around Amritsar and Taran Taran District. Historically its always been there base in these areas. Somehow they have slipped out of the panths notice (but then again im surprised that a huge sign has not made anyone take notice), they are not very vocal but are very clever in their parchar. If you go from Baba Bakala to Taran Taran Sahib (rather than Amritsar to Taran Taran) you will cut through all the villages and not be on a main road. Going down this route to Taran Taran you will be shocked to see how much support they have.

Bhai Gurdas Ji only lists 12 names of Sikhs during the time of Guru Nanak Sahib. Rai Bular and Bhai Lalo Ji and many others are not mentioned in Vaars. Should we believe that Guru Sahib only had 12 Sikhs? It is possible that Bhai Bala Ji did not go to Mecca with Guru Sahib and hence was not mentioned in the Vaar. So the argument of using Bhai Gurdas Ji’s Vaars fails.

Sources used by Bhai Karam Singh are contradictory. For example, Hafzabad Janamsakhi only has one sakhi of Bhai Mardana Ji at the end and is missing many details. It was written way after Guru Gobind Singh Ji. If we are to hold it 100% accurate then we are left with only one sakhi of Bhai Mardana Ji. The point is, it is missing much more of Guru Sahib’s life. Janamsakhi of Bhai Mani Singh Ji has no sakhi of Sacha Sauda and is mixed with hindu mythology but it does mention a janamsakhi written during the times of Guru Sahib. Most of the janamsakhis referenced by Bhai Karam Singh were written in 19th century except Meharbaan one but it cannot be held authentic.

Many sources written before Sooraj Parkash mention Bhai Bala Ji. Mahima Parkash, Bansavalinama, Granth of Bhai Binod Singh, Soochak Parsang Guru Ka by Bhai Behlo Ji, Gurbilas Patshahi 6 and many others not only mention Bhai Bala Ji but also Gurpurab being in Katak. Bhatt Vahis also mention celebrating Gurpurab on "Kartak Poornma".

Bhai Bala Janamsakhi is not authentic and has been altered to a great extent but from this it cannot be concluded that Bhai Bala Ji never existed. Otherwise we will have to disregard all of our historic sources and many Puratan Saroops of Guru Sahib.

People can read “Vaisakh Nahi Kattak” by Ishar Singh and an article by Dr. Kirpal Singh on Bhai Bala Ji. Both have refuted arguments of Prof. Sahib Singh and Bhai Karam Singh.

Bhai Gurdas Ji only lists 12 names of Sikhs during the time of Guru Nanak Sahib. Rai Bular and Bhai Lalo Ji and many others are not mentioned in Vaars. Should we believe that Guru Sahib only had 12 Sikhs? It is possible that Bhai Bala Ji did not go to Mecca with Guru Sahib and hence was not mentioned in the Vaar. So the argument of using Bhai Gurdas Ji's Vaars fails.

Sources used by Bhai Karam Singh are contradictory. For example, Hafzabad Janamsakhi only has one sakhi of Bhai Mardana Ji at the end and is missing many details. It was written way after Guru Gobind Singh Ji. If we are to hold it 100% accurate then we are left with only one sakhi of Bhai Mardana Ji. The point is, it is missing much more of Guru Sahib's life. Janamsakhi of Bhai Mani Singh Ji has no sakhi of Sacha Sauda and is mixed with hindu mythology but it does mention a janamsakhi written during the times of Guru Sahib. Most of the janamsakhis referenced by Bhai Karam Singh were written in 19th century except Meharbaan one but it cannot be held authentic.

Many sources written before Sooraj Parkash mention Bhai Bala Ji. Mahima Parkash, Bansavalinama, Granth of Bhai Binod Singh, Soochak Parsang Guru Ka by Bhai Behlo Ji, Gurbilas Patshahi 6 and many others not only mention Bhai Bala Ji but also Gurpurab being in Katak. Bhatt Vahis also mention celebrating Gurpurab on "Kartak Poornma".

Bhai Bala Janamsakhi is not authentic and has been altered to a great extent but from this it cannot be concluded that Bhai Bala Ji never existed. Otherwise we will have to disregard all of our historic sources and many Puratan Saroops of Guru Sahib.

People can read "Vaisakh Nahi Kattak" by Ishar Singh and an article by Dr. Kirpal Singh on Bhai Bala Ji. Both have refuted arguments of Prof. Sahib Singh and Bhai Karam Singh.

Thanks for that response Veer jee. Can you please tell me where I can get these articles from? are they part of a book or just research articles? Thanks.

Ikh Baba Akal Roop, dooja Rababi mardana. I cant understand why Bala is missing in this tukh. Did he not go on the udasis? The fact that 12 Sikhs are mentioned by Bhai Gurdas does not mean that there were only 12 Sikhs, those 12 Sikhs are important historically, however a person like Bhai Bala who wrote the first life story of Guru Nanak Dev jee is none existent. historically if bala jee was also with Guru Nanak Dev jee, then Bhai Gurdas jee has made a major error or omission. If Bhai Bala jee did not go to Mecca, then why is it claimed that Guru Angad Dev jee asked him to write the Janamsakhi, The reason Bhai Bala was given this seva was because he went on the udasis with guru jee. I also find it amazing that Bhai Bala seems to be missing in alot of the sakhis. For example the udasis to the himalays, the story of Manikaran is known to all. Bhai Mardana was sent to get fire from the village and guru jee remained alone on the outskirts. If Bhai Mardana was asked to get fire, and Guru jee is said to be alone, where was Bhai Bala? or was he missing from this udasi aswell? Why in history does Bhai Bala often go missing in sakhis? Then in other sakhis he re appears.

The katik situation is a funny one. For example in Sooraj Parkash it says Guru Nanak Dev jee is born in Katik, then the sakhi where guru jee has passed away, his calculations show that guru jee was born in Vaiskah. That is a serious contradiction. I think Sant baba Gurbachan Singh jee wrote about this in his book also.