GOD

Sister

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mehtab

because the relation of husband and wife is the most intimate one...we call only our spouse as "life partner"...if one is a female, one has to leave her parents at the time of marriage...blood relations are circumstancial and can tend to be bondages at times...the relation of husband and wife is the one that lasts till the end (end of life or whatever...plzz dont think of divorce in context of Gurbani)...husband and wife are always with each other(notice how lovers tend to say "i m with him/her" when referring to their significant other)...thats why our soul is "soul-bride" and Waheguru is "Husband".

In Sikhi, Waheguru is without gender. Tu mera pita, Tu hai mera mata, Tu mera bandap Tu mera bhrata.

Sister,

that is a very good question...but i am not sure if the main porblem is whether God can be he or she or whether God can be idetified as a "Person" when we sometimes say Waheguru is everywhere...as Rochak Bhaji answared well the first part i will try the other one.

The thing is when we say God is All-existent, it means that God has no limits, God can be everywhere anytime...etc. God is beyond space or time, etc other spacio-temporal terms. But when a devotee 'prays' to God, actually it is divine communion...a one-to-one sharing of thoughts...the bhagat thinks of God as in the Transcended God...God that is Nirgun or not valued in physical terms. but equally knowing that God is everywhere, God that is Sargun who has ALL values. is also within the bhagat.

the whole thing can be explained by knowing that God is Akaal Purakh (or the Primal Being) being not as a human being, but as a Personailty who has grace, love, but formless.

this is very deep...how can i as a manmukh explain this when i have not done bhagti...maybe we should star with that. doing Bhagat...praying..sharing our thoughts etc. maybe we will understand more.

What would you say to some one ... if they said... how is there a God? is there proof? no! Science can explain everything as well... so how are you so sure that there is a God? Every thing that is said to show/explain there is a God.. can also be explained through other logic or science.

????????????????????right????????????

What would you say to some one ... if they said... how is there a God? is there proof? no! Science can explain everything as well... so how are you so sure that there is a God? Every thing that is said to show/explain there is a God.. can also be explained through other logic or science.

????????????????????right????????????

Sister ji!!

Its a very debatable topic.As far as I see it, I look at this thing the following way:

This whole creation is the proof of God. Every breath I take is given to me by God.When I look around , all this beautiful creation straightaway tells me that there is a GOD.I can see HIS hand in everything I do and everything happens to me.There are plenty of experiences when I saw that 'science or logic' didn't work but I saw HIS hand there.

A person's indulgence in MAYA makes him blind.Then he/she think anything which is happening is due to him/her only, he/she can't see HIS hand. There is the problem.Look at the world without the cover of MAYA u will see HIM everywhere.You will see HIS hand in everything.You can't see God just by 'science', you have to look beyond it.

Science cannot explain feelings, love and other emotions.There are many many other things which science cannot explain.Everybdy can feel God. We just need the right vision ,

a vision without the cover of false thing like ego,lust and other things.

I hope this will help

Sister ji!!

Its a very debatable topic.As far as I see it, I look at this thing the following way:

This whole creation is the proof of God. Every breath I take is given to me by God.When I look around , all this beautiful creation straightaway tells me that there is a GOD.I can see HIS hand in everything I do and everything happens to me.There are plenty of experiences when I saw that 'science or logic' didn't work but I saw HIS hand there.

Its not proof of God because nature also proves the whole creation. How is every breath you take given to you by God? Did you see him give it to you? It is just the cycle of life, and nature. Same with this beautiful creation... how does it tell you? did it whisper in your ear? How do you SEE his hand? How do you know it was his hand? you dont? you just THINK that! There is no proof! :)

A person's indulgence in MAYA makes him blind.Then he/she think anything which is happening is due to him/her only, he/she can't see HIS hand. There is the problem.Look at the world without the cover of MAYA u will see HIM everywhere.You will see HIS hand in everything.You can't see God just by 'science', you have to look beyond it.

It doesnt make them blind. they can still see. Why isnt it due to that person? That person could have worked hard for it. Where is God applied in this? Of course they cant SEE his hand... thats what im saying.. If you cant see God.. how do you know God is there? Even if everybody didnt have all this MAYA... would we really see him? how come we would be able to see him then and not now? What differed? And why did it differ? Where is the proof that you will SEE him then?

How is God in everybody?