GOD

Sister

Science cannot explain feelings, love and other emotions.There are many many other things which science cannot explain.Everybdy can feel God. We just need the right vision , a vision without the cover of false thing like ego,lust and other things.

What other things can science not explain?

How can everybody/anyone feel God?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sister ji!!

I got ur point. I cant explain you by 'logic' because God is beyond 'logic'.Even I dont know much abt God. I have very very limited knowledge.As I am a small part of that HUGE God,so a part cannnot comprehend his FULL.Therefore I cant tell you what God is.Even if u read gurbani (any guru) u can easily get an idea what did they say abt God.They(GURUS) said however hard they(Gurus) may try they can't explain God.God has too many attributes that u cant explain everything.Guru Gobind Singh wrote huge literature like Jaap Sahib, Akal Ustat, Bachitra natak etc. tellin praises of God but they said many many times that however hard he may try he cannot explain God.

Regarding ur interesting comments on my views,I would say the following:

Do not look at God as a single identity who will come to you and say things in ur ears.God is so omnipresent that u can feel God around you.Like u said 'nature',can u explain me what is nature?Ok if we go by science, can u tell me abt newton's laws.Can u explain the reason behind Newton's laws.Like why there is equal and opposite reaction to every action.Like why there is a gravitational pull between 2 bodies.Science stops at a point beacuse science cannot go without hypothesis.Your every explanation has to be based on some laws or assumptions.So however hard may u try u cant get answers to all ur questions.

Like u said nature is responsible for my life.Who is goverening nature?why nature behave like this? Do u have any explanation for various laws of nature like birth or death?

You said:

"How is every breath you take given to you by God?"

------Because gurbani

tells me that HE is present every where.HE gives the life and take away the life.And everything happens is under HIS command or Hukam.So gurbani tells me that everything I have, doesn't belong to me.It is HE who has given these things to me and HE can take away anything anytime.

You said:

"It is just the cycle of life, and nature. Same with this beautiful creation... how does it tell you?"

----Gurbani tells me that this whole creation belongs to God .There were and there are many things happening in my daily life which fails my logic or any logic. I can easily see HIS hand or miracles everyday in my life.These things (my experiences) may look logical to you or any person....but I know my worth and God has given me more than my worth.

I DONT "THINK" THIS....I SEE THIS.

You said:

"It doesnt make them blind. they can still see. Why isnt it due to that person? That person could have worked hard for it. Where is God applied in this? Of course they cant SEE his hand... thats what im saying.. If you cant see God.. how do you know God is there? Even if everybody didnt have all this MAYA... would we really see him? how come we would be able to see him then and not now? What differed? And why did it differ? Where is the proof that you will SEE him then? "

I wud say, it is very simple to understand.God is everywhere around us.HE is in everything.HE is omnipresent.But we can't see HIM because we see differently. We feel "we" did something but it is actualy the GOD.Just omit youself (Ego or houma-n), u will see God.The only thing blocking from seeing God is "you".Shed ur ego u can see HIS hand in everything.

You said:

"What other things can science not explain?

How can everybody/anyone feel God?"

I told u many, i think thats enough.

I know I can't convince you because u have restrained ur vision.You dont wanna think beyond a certain point.I been through same questions and people tried to answer me but they were not able to prove an

ything.I understood all this by experence and reading gurbani.I encourage u to read gurbani and see every incident of ur life closely.U will certainly see HIS hand.

God bless you.

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

ok this is how i look at it

Show me one point in the human body where u can say that life originates from, or u can say that this is the source of life. Can you? NO! no one can! Its not he heart or the brain either. How? coz there are people who undergo heart transplants, and people who are brain dead. All the activities going on in the body are the FUNCTIONS of life, but NOT life itself! Right?!?! Therefore u cannot prove that life exists even in an alive individual coz all u see are the different ACTIVITIES/FUNCTIONS of life going on in his/her body. Same goes for all other living organisms as well, including an ant thats the smallest living creature. Right?!?!?!

Now if u cannot prove the existence of life in a single alive ant, how can u prove the existence of God who is the life force behind of all existence/creation. :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Okay I read a few first posts, as I'm reading the Natural Science program, most of the teachers expect us to be athiests rolleyes.gif

whY?

as most things thought go against the semtic religion (evolution svs creation etc)

and My teacher complimented me saying, you ur a good student tho you Believe in God, you still have emphisis in Science..

I told him, that might be cause Science goes inline with Sikhism, and he knew it all

he's even been to Harimandir SHaib n stuff..

the guy tha hates most religions rolleyes.gif

Now back to your question

You said science explaisn all -

Page 290, Line 1 -- Guru Arjan Dev

so ikau ibsrY ij Agin mih rwKY ]

Why forget Him, who preserves us in the fire of the womb?

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.g...lish=t&id=13131

Explain to me, in the extreme heat of the womb, WHO make u survive, HOW rolleyes.gif

in the fire of the WOMB, WHO make a pipe from you to your mother for nutri

tion?

your father rolleyes.gif

i do belive in many things of science, but fact is - Science can NOT explain it all! :)

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh :@

What would you say to some one ... if they said... how is there a God? is there proof? no! Science can explain everything as well... so how are you so sure that there is a God? Every thing that is said to show/explain there is a God.. can also be explained through other logic or science.

????????????????????right????????????

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

My humble opinion # 1:

Explain how a bunch of inanimate, incapable, cells, which work purely on "reflex" can somehow make you.

Think to move your arm. It moves, doesn't it? how? What told the FIRST NEURON to initiate the cascade to move your ARM?

Thinking of stuff like that guarentees that a God must exist

My humble opinion #2:

Science has tried to explain everything using a basic set of formulae. THe entire field of physics is trying (and so far doing pretty good) at unifying forces, energy, mass, etc. into a fundamental equation and theory. eg: Magnetism and electricity were different forces, until it was theorized that both exist as a result of electromagnetic energy (and equations were brought which could explain both phenomena). In

addition, mass and energy are the same. Now imagine that someday, scientists evolve a single equation, one that satifies all known phenomena. That equation has a constant. Who defined that constant? If the value was 2.4... why could it not have been 2.5? 2.6? 4? 39? With each change in the "constant", a new equilibrium would be established... but who chose that one? Answer: GOD.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest mehtab

2 friends of mine had a very interesting debate more than 4 yrs ago. one was a muslim and the other was jain. now notice that jainism is essentially atheistic in nature, and Gurujee also lays out the fruitlessness of some of their austere penances.

my muslim friend said that lets suppose u r right. lets say that nothing happens after one dies. u die and thats the end of story. no heaven hell, no re-birth, no judgement nothing. in such a case, we both die and thats the end of it. no one goes anywhere. we both are fullstops and the end.

now he said lets suppose i m right. lets say there is judgement day and heaven and hell. in that case, i m rewarded (coz he was 1 who prayed 5 times a day and fasted in holy month of ramadan and followed muslim way of life properly) and u go to the deepest pit of hell (coz my jaini friend used to drink n smoke n party a lot).

so the conclusion was that if one follows a way of life according to one's religion, no matter what happens after death, if u have lived as a good person and away from all kaljugi trash, even if u get nothing, u wont lose anything either :)

Like u said nature is responsible for my life.Who is goverening nature?why nature behave like this? Do u have any explanation for various laws of nature like birth or death?

The sun is what makes the cycle of nature go around. We can see the sun. We have proof that it is there and what it does helps the environment becuase experiments have been made.

and one more thing....

How do you know where you came from (before birth) and that you will go any where (after death)? There is no actual proof of it. Just what people say. People do tell lies. What if they are just lying to excite your imaginition? Say something to make it seem like there is a point in life, besides fulfilling the cycle. To give you something to do. IMAGINATION! It can be all made up by one individual.

The sun is what makes the cycle of nature go around. We can see the sun. We have proof that it is there and what it does helps the environment becuase experiments have been made.

and one more thing....

How do you know where you came from (before birth) and that you will go any where (after death)? There is no actual proof of it. Just what people say. People do tell lies. What if they are just lying to excite your imaginition? Say something to make it seem like there is a point in life, besides fulfilling the cycle. To give you something to do. IMAGINATION! It can be all made up by one individual.

-QuoteBegin--Balwinder Singh+Mar 10 2004, 09:49 PM-->

QUOTE (Balwinder Singh @ Mar 10 2004, 09:49 PM)

1- Asurd logic - I can't see you brain - does it not exist rolleyes.gif

2- Now lets go more into the science of the Sun :)

Whats a star?

Hydrogen ball, which goes through the phase of a 'Nuclear fusion'

Whats behind it, and WHy?

erm no idea

THATS SCIENCE rolleyes.gif

Stephan Hawkind said- *I now know all about the Universe (BS tongue.gif ) But not WHY' rolleyes.gif

Martin Rees - In the MAtrix ' A higher inteligence plays with the laws of Physic'

r>thats MARTIN REES TALKING rolleyes.gif

If you want I can scan in all handouts I got,

have a read through Life of stars -

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/search_imag.pl

Good page

and one more thing....

How do you know where you came from (before birth) and that you will go any where (after death)? There is no actual proof of it. Just what people say. People do tell lies.

1 - FAITH

2-Reincarnation is PROVED - thru hypnosis- near-death experiences

and even from PEOPLE WHO REMEMBER THEIR PAST LIFE

read in the newspaper a few motnhs ago

that some guy in India knew where he used to live his previous life, and nagged his new parents to follow him, and he meet his new parents - Desh Pardesh rolleyes.gif

visit

near-death.com

What if they are just lying to excite your imaginition? Say something to make it seem like there is a point in life, besides fulfilling the cycle. To give you something to do. IMAGINATION! It can be all made up by one individual.

Same Question goes to you - about a SCIENTIST rolleyes.gif

Albert Einsteind could have made up that energy is matter squared - how do u know :@

Bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

here you go:

The death of the seed will be the birth of the tree, and there will be great foliage and flowering and fruits, and birds will come and sit on the branches and make their nests, and people will sit under the shade of the tree; and the tree will talk to the clouds and the stars in the night, and will play with the sky, and will dance in the winds; and there will be great rejoicing. But how can this be known to the poor seed which has never been anything else? It is inconceivable. That's why God is Inconceivable.

It cannot be proved to the seed that this is going to happen, because if the seed asks 'Then let me see what you are going to do', you cannot make it available, you cannot make visible to the seed what is going to happen. it is going to happen in the future, and when it happens, the seed will be gone. The seed will never meet the tree. Man never meets God. When the man is gone, God descends.

================================================================

God is a mythical word, a mumbo-jumbo word that is the invention of the priesthood. Actually, to ask whether God exists is absurd. For those who know, God is existence, or existence is God.

Things exist, not God. A chair exists because a chair can go into nonexistence. To say that the chair exists is meaningful because its nonexistence is possible.

God is existence, the very isness. When we say God exists we create something out of the word God, then God becomes a thing. But God is not a thing, nor is God a person. That is why you cannot make him responsible for anything. Responsibility only comes when there is a personality, when there is someone who can be responsible

God is not a person, he is pure existence. The word is misleading because the word personifies. It is better to use the word existence. The totality of existence is God.

So it cannot be asked whether God exists. That is like asking whether existence exists. Put this way—whether existence exists—the question becomes absurd. Obviously existence exists; there is no question about it. The question cannot even exist if there is no existence, nor can the questioner.

I would like to make it clear that when I say God, I mean existence as such. God is not a thing among other things, God is total thingness. To say that the table exists is the same as saying that the table is God. To say that you exist is the same as saying that you are God. God is the existence. God is isness, the quality of isness, the quality of existence….

================================================================

Man alone is impotent. God also cannot work alone. God alone is potent but has no instrument. Man alone is a hollow bamboo-nobody to create a song on it, nobody to fill it with music, harmony, melody. God alone has the capacity to create a melody but has no hollow bamboo to create a flute.