How To Avoid

Guest confused

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont go

gurmat comes first

tell your family in a respecatble manner, that you will not be able to attend, and inform them why, if they refuse to listen, then just dont go.

thats not nice..

Guru ji never says 2 hurt anyone's heart :)

You tellin' her to treat her 'rents as kids?! " inform them why, if they refuse to listen, then just dont go." - respect veee honi chaheedi ah..

Guest _hmm_
dont go

gurmat comes first

tell your family in a respecatble manner, that you will not be able to attend, and inform them why, if they refuse to listen, then just dont go.

thats not nice..

Guru ji never says 2 hurt anyone's heart :)

You tellin' her to treat her 'rents as kids?! " inform them why, if they refuse to listen, then just dont go." - respect veee honi chaheedi ah..

oh chad yaraa, naianey jeh lagdey aa menu ta. before someone mentions their age, let me say this. it is not necessary that maturity and age go hand in hand.

Guest Wake Up

I can't believe some of the suggestions being made.

It is quite simple a Gursikh should not expose him/herself to such enviroments since as Guru Sahib says time and time again Sangant is important and bad sanganat even for one second can put your life on a completely different track.

The options open to you are simple:

1 You don't go let your parents have a rant but explain to them why, since if you don't set the principle now they will always say but you went to that other wedding. You WILL create a rod for your own back.

2 Ask to be taken to the girls/boys house which ever is the closest and wait there for them to return. I am sure someone from the family there will have a car and will drop you off

3 Ask the granthi at the gurdwara if he will drop you off at the hall. If yes find out roughly what time they are finishing up, get the coach drivers mobile number so you can find out where he is parked and turn up 20 mins before they are due to end and go and sit in the coach

4 Tell us which town the wedding is in and see if a Gursikh can volunteer for you to stay at his/her house while the party is happening and then drop you off at the girls house just as they arrive there.

However under no circumstance should you go to the hall. There are plenty of alternatives. I have not been to a hall for years and yes at first parents were a pain but now my life is much easier and everyone understands. Just hope that when I get married my partner does not want a hall!!!! aAHHHHH

Guest _hmmm_
It is quite simple a Gursikh should not expose him/herself to such enviroments since as Guru Sahib says time and time again Sangant is important and bad sanganat even for one second can put your life on a completely different track.
Yes, but perhaps you should look more deeply into the word sangat, and what it actually means ...

Maybe, just MAYYYBE, seeing a singh there someone will get inspired to learn more about Sikhi

He is not going to a strip club or anything rolleyes.gif

i love a bit of a danceing shmanzing, not the drinkin part obviously some parties after weddings dnt have drinking, but if you really dont wanna go just explain and if its reasonable im sure your rents will understand, if not unlucky your on your way lol

Guest topic starter

wjkk wjkf

thaks to EVERYONE who posted to help me, appreciate it tonness,

well, went to it, and altho it woz typical, but i stayed out side of hall most of the time, only bit i enjoyed was the gurdwara and the way back cuz i had my mp3 :) ))))

i wish i could of stayed at gurdwara, but the hall was 30mins away and near the motorway where we had to get bk, thnx soo much, i know i shudnt have gone, but im hoepfully sure, i wont be going ever again, : ) thnx alot,

thnx, wjkk wjkf