How To Avoid

Guest confused

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Why don't you just go, talk to a few people. What if guru sahib blesses you to meet someone and starting doing veechar amongst yourselves. That way your happy, family is happy.

If your going to pull these stunts; fake being sick

your just going to be lying?

Pyero, if you don't really want to go tell your family what your firm belief is. surely they will understand?

Wow lol! U can really see the different types of Sikhs u get lol half these ppl say "yh go on dance till u fall" n den da rest say "dont u even dare think of dancin!!" haha itz quite amusin actually rolleyes.gif Bakkkk in da day i used 2 bring CD players n mp3s and all dat 2 weddings n just sit der listeinin 2 Kirtan. My mum woz so proud of me (standard lol) but every1 else thought i woz bloody mad lol. But these were the moneh who were drunk outta there face lol. Sometimes i used 2 dance with this other Singh lol, we kept away 4rm every1 else and just done our own thing, so i spose its ok like that? we was just havin a laugh lol. And we always sat down wen a stoooooooooopid typical 'punjabi' song came on, e.g my fav one "daru peehke daru peehke jatt mookdeh mardeh gali de vich lalkare" lmao, so yh stay away 4rm meat, beer, idiots and stoopid songs like dat!!

Why don't you just go, talk to a few people. What if guru sahib blesses you to meet someone and starting doing veechar amongst yourselves. That way your happy, family is happy.

If your going to pull these stunts; fake being sick

your just going to be lying?

Pyero, if you don't really want to go tell your family what your firm belief is. surely they will understand?

good advice ^^^ was gonna say the same but good u postd it.

orgnl poster...or anyone else who feels the same or is in the smiler situation.

Trust me, u will find some beautiful soul there who would start talking about guru sahib/ bani/sikhi/vichaar if thats what u want.not everyones there to dance.

here is another thing u can do, u can just observe without having these negative thoughts about how dumb/crazy/idiots/stupid people at the party are. dont judge or have these thoughts and make urself miserable for the time u gonna "HAVE TO BE THERE". u cant do anything else about it can u?...so why make it more difficult for urself? why not make the best out of it?

world is reflection(mirror) of our thoughts most of the time. u can also see how happy these people are ...enjoying themselves all together. how wonderful it is that these beats make us humans move with it! how powerful is this music?=)(which makes all of us forget about our problems for that instance and indulge in thse few moment?)

families are together..even though they all have their differences and have these grudges or hard feelings ...still they come together. watch our "unconscious selves" doing our thangs!=)

u have a choice there...we all do. u can choose to see this event or the time u gonna be there as positive or negative experience. even in the mildest of ugliness we can find beauty with his grace. but then again what is ugly and whats beautiful? isnt it our perception or understanding of the situation? whats ugly to u might not be for me and whats ugly to me might be beautiful to u :console:

"Beauty is subjective, but not absolutely subjective.

our brain, our perceptions have a lot to do with this.

it's all within the mind....

if it come to "beautiful&ugly"....good&bad.....etc....it's about ego-mind....

...just in search and on the path to him/herSelf...

already the eyes of an ego-mind......"select" many things....into "beautiful&ugly"/"good&bad"......because of the own "selected&separated" being...from real Self"

bhulchuk muaff karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Guest peacemaker
dont go

gurmat comes first

tell your family in a respecatble manner, that you will not be able to attend, and inform them why, if they refuse to listen, then just dont go.

School isn't gurmat. Why go there when you can be home jaaping naam?

Guest _hmm_
shanti oye, school is FOR SURE gurmat.

the person who said it isn't is probably just trying to get out of doing school work lol

Guest peacemaker
shanti oye, school is FOR SURE gurmat.

the person who said it isn't is probably just trying to get out of doing school work lol

I knew it was you, Papi! Now come back as a regular! :)

dont go

gurmat comes first

tell your family in a respecatble manner, that you will not be able to attend, and inform them why, if they refuse to listen, then just dont go.

school is your kirat kamaee until u got a job. school is necessary so u can get a good job and live a grihstee jeevan as well as giving dasvandh.

so school is gurmat.

instead of just looking for an argument, why dont you read the guys first post and reply accordingly, that kind of atmosphere, (alcohol dancing) is not an atmosphere for a gursikh, and WILL have a negative effect on naam and gurbani abyaas

if you want to look for loopholes out of everything, then be a lawyer