How To Avoid

Guest confused

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol omg i love going to weddings, whats wrong with dancing and chatting ohmy.gif but if you dont wana go just say you got work 2 do always works 4 me lol

didnt guru nanak dev ji say 'only fools dance?' i could be wrong. my family r dancing mad....they wud dance to anythin..i too have a fam wedding coming up but dnt wanna go party or dance but ill be forced i know!some aunty will drag me up there and if i dnt theyl say i wasnt happy 4 my cuz. just go 4 a bit bro/sis then do 1!

Guest peacemaker

Has our culture changed so much? If punjabis aren't good at dancing and chatting, then what are they good at?!

Before you blast me with private messages, you know who you are, I am not giving my opinion whether I think dancing is right or wrong. I was asking a question. Before you say it, I also know punjabi culture and sikhi are two totally different things. This planet is so big and there are so many different things to fill your fancy.

Finally, I also know you will say that the only thing we should be doing is jaaping naam! Have I covered all my bases? tongue.gif

lol omg i love going to weddings, whats wrong with dancing and chatting ohmy.gif but if you dont wana go just say you got work 2 do always works 4 me lol

didnt guru nanak dev ji say 'only fools dance?' i could be wrong. my family r dancing mad....they wud dance to anythin..i too have a fam wedding coming up but dnt wanna go party or dance but ill be forced i know!some aunty will drag me up there and if i dnt theyl say i wasnt happy 4 my cuz. just go 4 a bit bro/sis then do 1!

hmm whats wrong with it? long as its clean and not that mtv stuff lol

i dont know.....im no1 2 talk reli as i used 2 dance a lot myself. but whats the point?yeah its an expression hmmmm. i think dancing at weddings is a vbit dodgy anyway i mean theres hundreds of poeople sitting down eating and ur teh entertainment. i always feel a bit dodgy about that esp like with my sis's. i mean i know a lot of people wanna dance 2 have fun.....theres nothing wrong with that but the thght of a load of people looking at u sometimes in dodgy ways is bad.

yehhhhh i no wot u mean thats why me and my cousins always move into the middle so no 1 looks lol plus my dad doesnt like me dancing because of the boys lol typical, but i jus ignore em not like im gona see em again lol

aw thnx u guys!

well, the prob is, wedding is 4 hours away ;) gona have to go on coach wid fam ;);) .. rather watch paint dry lol

and yeh gona take mp3 on the way etc, i knw im gona be called extreme if i listen in silly halll... but i will.

and yeh, i hate weddings! wish i cud come home after anand karaj, but i will be 100000s miles away from home ;)

going to try my best to make an excuse :)

seriously, i cant stand ppl in my fam!

lol and yeh, mite pretend to be sick tongue.gif

but anything else i cud do? im praying the halls near gurdwara... hope so

bless you can't stand ppl in ur family-think many of us don't get on with all of our family but dude you gona have to try lol just for this wedding-just be nice lol..

ok wedding been 4hrs away-go to sleep for 4hours listenin to your MP3 lol...

or even try talking to your family on the coach-make a change..

try and avoid been called ''extreme'' by possibly getting to know your family ppl, talk to them, find some1 there who doesnt like ''dancing'' and spend time talking to them instead...

like people say-bloods thicker than water..you cant chose family so get to know them more...

allow the past (easier said then done i know)

one thing b4 i go off topic even though your parents want u to go wedding which includes the ''hall'' they

proberly respect you soo much for not been like the others because you dont dance etc..

hope i have somehow helped...

let us know how it goes..

Guest peacemaker
aw thnx u guys!

well, the prob is, wedding is 4 hours away :) gona have to go on coach wid fam ;);) .. rather watch paint dry lol

That's really mean to say on a forum such as this. ohmy.gif Why do you make it sound like you're going to boot camp? You're making a molehill out of nothing.