Shastar

Nihal

I was in amritsar about 2 years ago and met this nihang singh who was trying to sell 3 or 4 really old kirpans outside of darbar sahib.. I went to see him and asked where he got em.. he never gave straight answer but was asking 1.5 lakh for one kirpan and that price was just outrageous to me... So yeh as sher-... said "THEY ARE EXPENSIVE" and don't buy if you don't know the source (As where they got it from and hopefully not the stolen one).. and u got to be really good about kirpan's design history etc...

WARNING: I know a guy here who collects shastars.. He really knws his stuff. He says that most of the stuff ppl are selling in india as puratan is fake.. He goes if u wanna buy puratan go with a guy who has contacts down there and really knows his stuff. They are ripping off singhs like crazy down there.

u can get purtan shasters from nihung singhs only ... and that cost between 25000 - 125000 ... and shasters costing 70000+ would surely have some gold work on it ... but beware of the fake stuff ...

many bury their shaster in their fields for 2 - 3 years ... and when its taken out its sold as puratan ... if u dont have eye to scan shasters dont buy them

• 6 months later...