baba, sardar, pajee, giani

S1ngh

I don't like when ppls call ANY turban guy with baba, sardar, pajee or papajee or giani.. I hate it to guts and i can't stand it.. I plain told to my friends.. call me vicky or bikram, but Don't use other words to call me.. I just don't feel comfortable someone calling me as by other names which are very alien to me :) ..

Phew.. just wanna take this thing off my mind !

Guest mehtab

simple...someone calls u gyani, u say bol janannee

someone says paaji (although it respectfully means elder bro), and u dont like the guy, say bolo bhainjee

if someone says sardar, u say bol ghulaam, coz sardar means leader and ghulam means slave

if someone says papaji, u say bol lalaji coz lala in persian means slave and thats what the mughals used to call hindus...its funny they adopted the term and call each other lalaji, so u do the same.

i m telling u dude, if u get mad and argue, these indians will make sure they do that to u everytime...and if u smile and never say anything, they will continue forever...juz answer them back, and if he calls u sumthing in front of 10 ppl, make sure u call him something worse in front of 50...but only if he is offending u...some ppl do it without any intention of offending u and coz they have seen Sikhs being summoned that way in india...so if u know 100% that the guy is upto no good, then don't spare him...otherwise tell him politely...usually they wont listen to if u if they are bent on making fun...so answer back...like they say "hit em where it hurts the most" jamdoot.gif

vicky singha, man thats sooo true. I don't like it either. sometimes when i go to an indian restaurant, the punjabi owner has seen me sometimes in the gurdwara and whenever i go there to eat, he will alway say, "kiddan giani". i am like what the f*** man. I HATE it. I like rochak's idea of responding back. but we can't say these things to someone who we know and is older. I can't call that guy janani, he may get offended infront of others and he may not know how i feel when he calls me a giani. I think at first, I need to tell him my feelings how I feel that giani is one of the GREATEST stages in spiritual life, and I am nowhere even close to that. And ask him why he calls me giani. And if he still does not stop, I will use rochak's idea :) man how ur brain functions like that rochke....maa peo ne badam girian khala khala ke paleya ladga tongue.gif

Well ppl call me gaini (only punjabi frnds, not other indians).Some guys(only pujabi) call me baba ji.Other indians call me pajji...which they say with respect and i am okay with that.I told umm (other indians) to call me by my name...but sometimes they do sometimes they dont.

Sometimes (in the begining) I felt bad abt gaini and baba ji...but then I felt like...these guys(punjabi) can never respect me in my present saroop.They dont like my saroop and thats why they tease me so that I cut my hair and be like umm.But I can never do that cuz thats the shape Guru Gobind Singh gave us.I can offend my frnds but not guru Gobind singh ji and his two sons who gave their life for sikhi sidak.

Now I donot react on those comments but accept them.I dont get mad now.I dont really know how to handle this thing but I am okay with it now.

yes true jasswant singhaa.. First just let them know that we don't feel comfortable with those words, but if they still say those words, then get nasty tongue.gif

Jassika paenjee, do use the first name of the person or just say Veerjee if in case u don't know the person's name :@

HAHAha at camp some kids called me uncle :) kids i don't mind, but i do mind adult calling those names/words to me..