I Just Dont Know Myself

sherlsurj

hey bro's and sisters

i need help. i was always a reli happy person always laughing and joking nothing used to get me down. but like 2 years ago things changed. i was having sum fam probs and it was reli getting me down. i used to punch walls and just not talk to anyone. this happned for ages. when i used to get upset i used to talk to my g/f about it all and it helped so much. i know its wrong 2 have a g/f but we both wanted to marry each other. anyway we had a fight and coz of the porbs at home i just didnt trust any1. i left her 4 2 months we wer both upset. i started cutting myself to relieve the pain. after 2 months i finally sorted my head out a bit and wanted to get back with her. we tried but today she finally told me to leave her alone. which makes me sad as i feel guilty 4 going out with her/i still wanna marry her. im finding all this stuff so hard.

its(both probs) left me very insecure and i just dnt know how to cope. im amrithari now which has helped a lot but things make me so sad. sometimes i feel angry sometime sad sumtimes lonely sumtimes like i cant cope. i reli dont know myself and it worries me a lot. i reli miss my ex-not in a sexual way or a g/f way but as a friend she was teh only person i trusted. i also miss my little sis who i have not spoken to in years. we live 2getha but theres nothing there. thanks 4 listening

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i started cutting myself to relieve the pain.

im really really glad to hear tht youve stopped. i knw its hard, everytime a problem comes up n makes u feel hurt u'll prob wanna do it again. but please just find an alternative, whether its bani, ardaas or finding someone to talk to. its a destructive cycle, u feel like ur getting rid of ur pain but after tht rush its still there. just dont start doing it again bhaji, thats my benti.

i also miss my little sis who i have not spoken to in years. we live 2getha but theres nothing there.

rebuild ur relationship with her, she has gone through a similar situation to u and u never knw, she might be able to understand/relate to ur perspective a lot better than u think.

im not good with relationship advice, but i hope u manage to move on from this

if u ever need to let off some steam, we're all here to listen :)

take care of urself

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Siree Raag on Ang 70

sireeraag mehalaa 5 ||

Siree Raag, Fifth Mehla:

jaa ko musakal ath banai dtoee koe n dhaee ||

When you are confronted with terrible hardships, and no one offers you any support,

laagoo hoeae dhusamanaa saak bh bhaj khalae ||

when your friends turn into enemies, and even your relatives have deserted you,

sabho bhajai aasaraa chukai sabh asaraao ||

and when all support has given way, and all hope has been lost

chith aavai ous paarabreham lagai n thathee vaao ||1||

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, even the hot wind shall not touch you. ||1||

saahib nithaaniaa kaa thaan ||

Our Lord and Master is the Power of the powerless.

aae n jaaee thhir sadhaa gur sabadhee sach jaan ||1|| rehaao ||

He does not come or go; He is Eternal and Permanent. Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He is known as True. ||1||Pause||

jae ko hovai dhubalaa na(n)g bhukh kee peer ||

If you are weakened by the pains of hunger and poverty,

dhamarraa palai naa pavai naa ko dhaevai dhheer ||

with no money in your pockets, and no one will give you any comfort,

suaarathh suaao n ko karae naa kishh hovai kaaj ||

and no one will satisfy your hopes and desires, and none of your works is accomplished

chith aavai ous paarabreham thaa nihachal hovai raaj ||2||

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, you shall obtain the eternal kingdom. ||2||

jaa ko chi(n)thaa bahuth bahuth dhaehee viaapai rog ||

When you are plagued by great and excessive anxiety, and diseases of the body;

grisath ku.tta(n)b palaettiaa kadhae harakh kadhae sog ||

when you are wrapped up in the attachments of household and family, sometimes feeling joy, and then other times sorrow;

goun karae chahu ku(n)tt kaa gharree n baisan soe ||

when you are wandering around in all four directions, and you cannot sit or sleep even for a moment

chith aavai ous paarabreham than man seethal hoe ||3||

-if you come to remember the Supreme Lord God, then your body and mind shall be cooled and soothed. ||3||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=180

^forgot to say

bhaji, read/listen to this shabad every day. keep faith in maharaaj - everything will be fine

Shabad Audio

i started cutting myself to relieve the pain.

im really really glad to hear tht youve stopped. i knw its hard, everytime a problem comes up n makes u feel hurt u'll prob wanna do it again. but please just find an alternative, whether its bani, ardaas or finding someone to talk to. its a destructive cycle, u feel like ur getting rid of ur pain but after tht rush its still there. just dont start doing it again bhaji, thats my benti.

i also miss my little sis who i have not spoken to in years. we live 2getha but theres nothing there.

rebuild ur relationship with her, she has gone through a similar situation to u and u never knw, she might be able to understand/relate to ur perspective a lot better than u think.

im not good with relationship advice, but i hope u manage to move on from this

if u ever need to let off some steam, we're all here to listen :)

take care of urself

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Siree Raag on Ang 70

sireeraag mehalaa 5 ||

Siree Raag, Fifth Mehla:

jaa ko musakal ath banai dtoee koe n dhaee ||

When you are confronted with terrible hardships, and no one offers you any support,

laagoo hoeae dhusamanaa saak bh bhaj khalae ||

when your friends turn into enemies, and even your relatives have deserted you,

sabho bhajai aasaraa chukai sabh asaraao ||

and when all support has given way, and all hope has been lost

chith aavai ous paarabreham lagai n thathee vaao ||1||

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, even the hot wind shall not touch you. ||1||

saahib nithaaniaa kaa thaan ||

Our Lord and Master is the Power of the powerless.

aae n jaaee thhir sadhaa gur sabadhee sach jaan ||1|| rehaao ||

He does not come or go; He is Eternal and Permanent. Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He is known as True. ||1||Pause||

jae ko hovai dhubalaa na(n)g bhukh kee peer ||

If you are weakened by the pains of hunger and poverty,

dhamarraa palai naa pavai naa ko dhaevai dhheer ||

with no money in your pockets, and no one will give you any comfort,

suaarathh suaao n ko karae naa kishh hovai kaaj ||

and no one will satisfy your hopes and desires, and none of your works is accomplished

chith aavai ous paarabreham thaa nihachal hovai raaj ||2||

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, you shall obtain the eternal kingdom. ||2||

jaa ko chi(n)thaa bahuth bahuth dhaehee viaapai rog ||

When you are plagued by great and excessive anxiety, and diseases of the body;

grisath ku.tta(n)b palaettiaa kadhae harakh kadhae sog ||

when you are wrapped up in the attachments of household and family, sometimes feeling joy, and then other times sorrow;

goun karae chahu ku(n)tt kaa gharree n baisan soe ||

when you are wandering around in all four directions, and you cannot sit or sleep even for a moment

chith aavai ous paarabreham than man seethal hoe ||3||

-if you come to remember the Supreme Lord God, then your body and mind shall be cooled and soothed. ||3||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=180

^forgot to say

bhaji, read this shabad every day. keep faith in maharaaj - everything will be fine

That's a really nice shabad!

Guest peacemaker

There are too many people who play "resident psychologist" around here and they will give you help that won't do diddly squat for you once you sign off of the computer. I also suggest that you consult with a professional, especially after reading that you have once tried to cut yourself!

veerji please check your messages!!

hey bro's and sisters

i need help. i was always a reli happy person always laughing and joking nothing used to get me down. but like 2 years ago things changed. i was having sum fam probs and it was reli getting me down. i used to punch walls and just not talk to anyone. this happned for ages. when i used to get upset i used to talk to my g/f about it all and it helped so much. i know its wrong 2 have a g/f but we both wanted to marry each other. anyway we had a fight and coz of the porbs at home i just didnt trust any1. i left her 4 2 months we wer both upset. i started cutting myself to relieve the pain. after 2 months i finally sorted my head out a bit and wanted to get back with her. we tried but today she finally told me to leave her alone. which makes me sad as i feel guilty 4 going out with her/i still wanna marry her. im finding all this stuff so hard.

its(both probs) left me very insecure and i just dnt know how to cope. im amrithari now which has helped a lot but things make me so sad. sometimes i feel angry sometime sad sumtimes lonely sumtimes like i cant cope. i reli dont know myself and it worries me a lot. i reli miss my ex-not in a sexual way or a g/f way but as a friend she was teh only person i trusted. i also miss my little sis who i have not spoken to in years. we live 2getha but theres nothing there. thanks 4 listening

Guest _hmmm_

You want someone to talk to singh? Doesn't matter who you find, eventually, eventually they will leave you, whether they want to or not. That's the law of universe, bodies never stay together, dehi da vichora penda hi penda, aaj ni ta kal. It's bound to happen.

I can totally understand you feeling lonely, and wanting to talk to someone. There is nothing wrong with that, it's just natural :) But, instead of looking for another human (body) to talk to, you should try this instead. Goto gurudwara, in the sukhasan room when there's no one there, sit, and just pour your heart out to guru sahib, just say whatever comes to mind. You may end up crying, nothing wrong with that. Do it as often you like or want to for 1 or 2 or 3 hours, or more, take all the time you want ;) After you are done, read bani by Shri Guru Tegh Bhadur Sahib Jee. There are bhog dey salok's of course, but there are also many other shabads Guru Sahib has written for us. Guru Tegh Bhadur Sahib Jee's bani, espeically targets moh.

You can find those shabads here: http://sikhitothemax.com/ggsindex.asp

Oh and for the sadness, start doing more anand sahib paath every day, you'll be as happy as someone who has sniffed funny gas ;)

Just some suggestions for you to try ;) After all, in the end, its only between yourself and guru sahib, there is nothing else.

Guru Rakha Singh

PS. My apologizes if I have hurt anyone in any way