Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale

Kharku

i was just wondering about sant ji again today lol. and just thaught on the day he past away, do you wrecken he chose when to die.

for example like how baba deep singh continued to fight after having been decapitated, slaying his enemies with his head in one hand and his sword in the other. only upon reaching the sacred city of Amritsar did he stop and finally die.

You might like this Sakhi, it has two parts. Make sure you read both! : )

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...p;mode=threaded

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...amp;mode=linear

I think it's important to remember that people like Baba Deep Singh Ji and Sant Jarnail Singh Ji never do as 'they choose', they follow the will of Akaal Purakh in every moment. These souls come back again and again like shooting stars to do the will and work of God.

This Shabad may also help to answer your question.

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

ਸੋਈ ਕਰਾਇ ਜੋ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਾਵੈ ॥

You make me do what pleases You.

ਮੋਹਿ ਸਿਆਣਪ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥

I have no cleverness at all.

ਹਮ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਤਉ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥

I am just a child - I seek Your Protection.

ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਆਪੇ ਪੈਜ ਰਖਾਈ ॥੧॥

God Himself preserves my honor.

ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇਆ ॥

The Lord is my King; He is my mother and father.

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲਣ ਲਾਗਾ ਕਰੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਕਰਾਇਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

In Your Mercy, You cherish me; I do whatever You make me do.

ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਤੇਰੇ ਧਾਰੇ ॥

The beings and creatures are Your creation.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਡੋਰੀ ਹਾਥਿ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ॥

O God, their reins are in Your hands.

ਜਿ ਕਰਾਵੈ ਸੋ ਕਰਣਾ ॥

Whatever You cause us to do, we do.

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਰਣਾ ॥੨॥੭॥੭੧॥

Nanak, Your slave, seeks Your Protection.

sant ji said he wanted to die in a hail of bullets!appearantly there were over 100 in his body. some people say it took 100 to take him down others say it was indian army shooting him while he was dead. i think i believe the 1st. no1 chooses how they die but he certainly wanted to die this way

Veer jee I suggest you read the eye witness account of operation blue star by Singh Sahib Giani Kirpal Singh who was the jathedhar of Akal Takaht Sahib. according to his book and the evidence presented, Sant jee was shot, the Singhs realised that time was not on there side, they decided to (along with Sant jee) to storm out of Akal Takaht Sahib and take the Govermnemt on in a head on confrontation out in the open, it was their last stand and they knew by doing so, they would become shahid. So wounded and shot, its is clear that the Singhs and Sant jee came out in the open and took on the Goverment. The bravery of the Singhs like those previously is without comparision.

Giani Kirpal Singh jees book has been translated into English, its a must read.

Can you guys even imagine the state of mind Sant Ji and the other Singhs must have passed through during those moments? You know you are going to die in the next few moments, but you want to "go down" as a lion! You know you are going to be killed, yet you face death roaring like a lion!

How many of us on here can even TRY to come close to that!

ps: before anyone starts weeping, I am NOT stating that Sant Ji is OR is NOT Shaheed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• was researching this and came back to this thread. Also found an older thread:    
    • Net pay after taxes. If you don't agree, think about this: If you were a trader and started off in China with silk that cost 100 rupees and came to India, and you had to pay total 800 rupees taxes at every small kingdom along the way, and then sold your goods for 1000 rupees, you'd have 100 rupees left, right? If your daswandh is on the gross, that's 100 rupees, meaning you have nothing left. Obviously, you owe only 10% of 100, not 10% of 1000. No, it's 10% before bills and other expenses. These expenses are not your expenses to earn money. They are consumption. If you are a business owner, you take out all expenses, including rent, shop electricity, cost of goods sold, advertising, and government taxes. Whatever is left is your profit and you owe 10% of that.  If you are an employee, you are also entitled to deduct the cost of earning money. That would be government taxes. Everything else is consumption.    
    • No, bro, it's simply not true that no one talks about Simran. Where did you hear that? Swingdon? The entire Sikh world talks about doing Simran, whether it's Maskeen ji, Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi, or Sants. So what are you talking about? Agreed. Agreed. Well, if every bani were exactly the same, then why would Guru ji even write anything after writing Japji Sahib? We should all enjoy all the banis. No, Gurbani tells you to do Simran, but it's not just "the manual". Gurbani itself also has cleansing powers. I'm not saying not to do Simran. Do it. But Gurbani is not merely "the manual". Reading and singing Gurbani is spiritually helpful: ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥  ਗਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੜਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੈ ਤੂ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The Lord's Bani and the words are the best utterances. Ever sing hear and recite them, O brother and the Perfect Guru shall save thee. Pause. p611 Here Guru ji shows the importance of both Bani and Naam: ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The mortal has come to hear and utter Bani. Forgetting the Name thou attached thyself to other desires. Vain is thy life, O mortal. Pause. p1219 Are there any house manuals that say to read and sing the house manual?
    • All of these are suppositions, bro. Linguists know that, generally, all the social classes of a physical area speak the same language, though some classes may use more advanced vocabulary. I'm talking about the syntax. That is, unless the King is an invader, which Porus was not. When you say Punjabi wasn't very evolved, what do you mean? The syntax must have been roughly the same. As for vocabulary, do you really think Punjabis at the time did nothing more than grunt to express their thoughts? That they had no shades of meaning? Such as hot/cold, red/yellow/blue, angry/sweet/loving/sad, etc? Why must we always have an inferiority complex?
    • I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!

Important Information

Terms of Use