Suicide

Guest :(

ok heres my situation recently i have been feeling seriously depressed to the point of suicide ive even tried to OD ... at 16 my mum dad and sister died in a car acident leaving me without any family... (at 18 with guru jees kirpa i took amrit) since the accident (5years ago) ive been living alone crying myself to sleep ive been to therapy which i dont believe helped . im failing uni.. practically have NO sangat and just feel like a failure

i no i should turn to guru jee but i dont no why but i physically cant it sounds stupid but i think i find it hard to see guru jee as a guru

the aniversarry of the accident is approaching and i dont think i handle it

please help me

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _JustME_

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

wow...................im surprised u havent committed suicide by now.................i know i would have.............first i want to say that u may not believe it but u are unbelievably strong to still be trying to carry on with life, i.e uni after what u have been through................

If you dont mind me asking...............where are u based? in the UK or?

What u need is sangat...............u just need to be around people............u are not alone.........there are people who care........u just need to give them a chance

heres my hotmail if u wana chat................. :) no pressure

sukimafia@hotmail.co.uk

ok heres my situation recently i have been feeling seriously depressed to the point of suicide ive even tried to OD ... at 16 my mum dad and sister died in a car acident leaving me without any family... (at 18 with guru jees kirpa i took amrit) since the accident (5years ago) ive been living alone crying myself to sleep ive been to therapy which i dont believe helped . im failing uni.. practically have NO sangat and just feel like a failure

i no i should turn to guru jee but i dont no why but i physically cant it sounds stupid but i think i find it hard to see guru jee as a guru

please help me

Dear one,

If you want to live an Inspired, Spiritual well beinged life, please PM me.

I do not know what you are going through, no, I do not necessarily know how you feel. But I do believe I know some things that can help, and I do believe as a health professional I can provide some guidance.

Regards,

please help me

vahiguroo, why an earth do you feel like a failure. After everything you;ve been through, with kirpaa you;ve been blessed with amrit, and ur goin to uni-so u can live - gristi jeevan. Id say thats pretty amazing, dont put urself down, take some time to see how far you've come. I wont be able too give you any advice about losing your family, cos only you know how that must feel. You've lost those who you were most attached too, that must be............... Are you living with any family members/close freinds who might be able to help/support you. Or maybe join some sort of support group or see another therapist. If your having thoughts of taking your life, then you need help for that problem. Once you start addressing that issue, then as penji above said, you really need sangat. Try going to your local gurdwara as much as you can, even if no sangat is there, and you just sit with mahraj for a while, it can make a massive difference. Get a gutka, do some baani. Try meet up with local sangat, get together do keertan. Do ardas, ask mahraj to help you through this. I dont want to sound patronising and you must be going through a really tough time, but after a while things will get better, and you'll look back on this.

If you ever need someone to talk to either pm or email sangat from here, create an account, spend time reading the inpirational section/gurbani section.

take care penji.

gurfateh jee

hey dude/dudette

ive been going thru some depression myself recently. my probs dnt seem as serious as urs but i know its hard to get out off. talk 2 sum1 bro/sis. message me ill give u my email add. ive spoken 2 random people on here and its helped so much. i think its coz their strangers. futeh

Guest Painless

People turn to suicide because they are seeking relief from pain. Remember that relief is a feeling. And you have to be alive to feel it. You will not feel the relief you so desperately seek, if you are dead.

Suicide is just a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Anyone desperate enough for suicide...should be desperate enough to go to creative extremes to solve their problems which they face.

Guest Guest

Find some local sangat or make some more non-Sikh friends. Do more Paath, Simran and keep more Rehat even if it becomes very difficult. Take up some activities and hobbies, especially sports, keep a strict exercise regime for physical self improvement. Try new and different things. Try different therapists or consider alternative treatment. Leave your email address (make a new one if you don't want to show your identity) here and may be a few people can offer some help.

Hope these suggestions were useful - try them!

know where you're comign from. Go to gurdwara regularaly and focus on naam/bani. thoes people at the gurdwara are your sangat, even if you don't know their name. being arond them will help. suicide throws one into chaurassi lakh jooon, so is ultimately more painful than dealing with depression.

sometimes, depression can only be solved by meditation, not thereapy. this is b/c the reason for depression continuing is our separation from god. god gives dukh to bring us on teh path.

Guest _Kharku_

hey, ever need to talk, chat sikhi wise or general chat, add me kharku@hotmail.co.uk

dont ever feel alone, this is what guru jis sangat the khalsa fauj is for. where all family right :)