Weight Loss

Guest fatty

Guest fatty

VJKKVJKF

this may sound stupid but here goes

im looking to lose weight for my brothers wedding in july im 6ft and 180ibs ive recently got a job working at a gym and was wondering if anyone could advise me on the best way to lose weight ie give me a diet plan (begitarian obviously) and work out scheme

thank you

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _anonymous_

Reduce carbohydrates (eg only 1 roti 4 dinner, reduce bread, potatoes, rice n pastas)

increase protein intake to compensate. Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day rather than the traditonal 3 square meals a day.

make sure u resistance train (weights) bench presses, sqauts, deadlifts are all essential.

cardio training is not essential

at 6ft and 180lbs, u are only SLIGHTLY overweight, but implementing these changes should see you lose 10-14lbs until then.

a better guide than to look at the weighing scale is to take measurements around your body.

eg. chest measurement, waist measurement, upper arms/legs. do so now, and then every 2 weeks. if u implement the above well, ull amazed after 4-6 weeks.

Hope ive helped.

First off, you are NOT over weight.

Reduce carbohydrates (eg only 1 roti 4 dinner, reduce bread, potatoes, rice n pastas)
no no no. if you really do want to eat roti, eat it before 4 PM everyday. no roti for dinner.
increase protein intake to compensate. Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day rather than the traditonal 3 square meals a day.
YEP
make sure u resistance train (weights) bench presses, sqauts, deadlifts are all essential.
YEP. One thing i would say is that do compound exercises. i.e. exercises that use more than one muscle group at a time
cardio training is not essential
umm, yes it is. Do 2 cardio sessions/day, one in morning on empty stomach and one in evening, 35 minutes each. Find something you like to do, it can be something as easy as walking.

A few more things i want to add:

- daal is an excellent source of protein, but it is also loaded with carbs. so its best to limit your daal intake and have a soy based protein shake AT LEAST 2 times/day instead. don't do tharka to your daal. even while using healthy oils (olive oil) it reaches what's called a "smoking point" where oil starts to burn. the way most apney do tharka, that always happens. when oil reaches this "smoking point" it gets converted to trans fat !!!! you definitely want to stay away from that.

- stay away from processed foods

- eat broccoli

- make TOFU your best friend

- eat small portions so that you are hungry every 2.5-3 hours. this comes to about 5 - 6 meals/day. (my friend already mentioned this)

This is just a guideline, i would STRONGLY recommend that you talk to either a Dietitian or a Personal Trainer.

I'm currently getting sessions from a personal trainer, my roti is completely cut. daal only once a day, in morning. tofu 2 times/day. protein shake 3 times/day. i start off my day with unflavored oatmeal. its quite strict actually

just cut down on alllll fatty foods :p

no crisps.

no choc

no fizzy drinks

keep it simple with fruits and salads....

avoid oily foods aswell (prontai, chips etc)

erm........and do plenty of excersise...

sorry if i have just wrote all the obvious points :p but it works!

There is a misconception that all fat is bad. There are 4 kinds of fats:

- trans fat

- saturated fat

- mono saturated fat

- poly saturated fat

trans and saturated are 'bad' fats, they raise your blood cholesterol etc....

mono and poly on the other hand are 'good' fats. your body NEEDS them. they also help lower cholesterol.

But, all the foods you have mentioned above are indeed to be avoided. If that's not possible, have small portions instead.

VJKKVJKF

this may sound stupid but here goes

im looking to lose weight for my brothers wedding in july im 6ft and 180ibs ive recently got a job working at a gym and was wondering if anyone could advise me on the best way to lose weight ie give me a diet plan (begitarian obviously) and work out scheme

thank you

Please see:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=35902&hl=

for tonnes of top tips