Hyde Park Rememberance March For 1984

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LEAMINGTON

Location: Gurdwara Saahib, Tachbrook Park Drive, Warwick, CV34 6RH

Time: Coach will be leaving at 8.30am. Please confirm your place today.

Those who have arranged the transport have said the coach seems to have filled-up, however, they may be able to organise more transport if more people confirm their attendence today.

Please call 07868 757987 as soon as possible to confirm your seat if you would like to come, and how many people will be coming with you.

SLOUGH

Time: A member earlier has suggested to be there for 8.30am.

(Someone from the Sangat here may want to confirm this transport arrangement from 'Slough Ramgharia Gurdwara' again)

EDIT: NOW CONFIRMED

Just posting all the coach times to the Calendar entry.

This coach seems way too early.

A double decker from Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Slough will be leaving at 10.30am

SLOUGH

(Someone from the Sangat here may want to confirm this transport arrangement from 'Slough Ramgharia Gurdwara' again)

Slough 8:30 am as it will also be going to Southall for 10 with other coaches

SLOUGH

No problem.

It's a shame if Gurdwaras in Southall are not prepared to arrange coaches. Must try and make sure they arrange coaches for next year - 25th anniversary.

SLOUGH

No problem.

It's a shame if Gurdwaras in Southall are not prepared to arrange coaches. Must try and make sure they arrange coaches for next year - 25th anniversary.

Nah they won't Sohi and co are anti Freedom Movement,they;re doing a 'kirtan darbar' on the same day for 1984 ,thats just to shut us lot up and try to get us on their side,posters promoting the rally were taken down by them at Havelock and Park Ave

Promo Video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITwRgGIqiaM

:nishaan_sahib_right:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Just a post for those who might be in two minds about attending the Hyde Park march tomorrow... Here's a post that was made in the gupt section that I thought was relevant in this thread as well. (I hope the person who wrote the post doesn't mind me posting it here too.)

Sometimes we may not realise what a difference our attendence/support could make to others.

Everyone please try to attend the march tomorrow if you can spare the time. There are coaches leaving from many different locations (see above for more details.)

For those who are attending - please take strength from this account and remember, although some might label the march 'pointless' in actual fact it does give strength to people around the world. We will not forget and we will stand united.

WJKK WJKF

Sorry 4 posting in da gupt section, but my password doesnt seem 2 work and proving 2 be a nigtmare to reset.

A few weeks ago I met a mate I hadnt seen for a few years. To cut a long story short my friend went to prison a few years ago, he went in as a mona and basically when he came out he took his amrith.

Anyway we was talking about why he changed and various things.

He got maried in India and was saying that he met one of his wifes uncles. When he met this uncle , the uncle started crying.

My freind asked him why are u crying, he basically said that he was so shocked to see a chardikala singh from england. basically he said that he was involved in the freedom movement in the 90's. and that he and his family had sufferd quite bad and that he now lives in hiding in rajasthaaan and very rarely returns to punjaab. The reason that he was crying was because he said we went through so much, we gave up everything 4 our dharam, but the state of punjaab at the momnet makes u think was it worth it. He couldnt believe that sikhi was so strong in england. When my friend told him abt hyde parkand that he had all sant ji's speaches and that we hadnt 4goten the events of the 80's in the uk made him smile and made him believe that all the singhs kurbaniia hadent been 4 nothing.

My friend was saying that every year he sends him picts of hyde park march and sant ji's speaches and how that singh couldnt believe that we hadnt 4goten.

My friend was saying that some times when he feels down in his sikhi he just remembers that singh crying and he is back on track again.

Sometimes we question the little things we may do, like attending programs akandh paats in the remberance of all those that did so much 4 our beutifull sikhi,but the little things can mean so much 4 some people.

sorry if u found my story bit long, but realy made me think when i heard it.