Need Marriage Advice: Boy Amritdhari- Girl Not

Guest _asdf_

wjkk wjkf

i spoke to this bhaji again on this and he said: parents will only be called in this if we (boy and girl) reach to some decision. even the boys parents can not and dont want to force either the girl or her parents to ask her to take amrit before the wedding.

let the boy-girl talk and let the girl understand the situation and then hopefully if everything goes fine then parents will be called into this matter to take it further.

wjkk wjkf

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest asdf- OWNER

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

dear all, thanks for the support and advice and thank you jarnail singh khalsa ji for talking to me and posting my views on my behalf, for being the middle person while i was away.

anyways, in reply to the above message, i know parents are the best option to bring into this matter but before that i want to know is the girl really wish to take some further step towards sikhi.

once we are happy, we will bring the parents into this, ofcourse we are not gonna run and get marry. we want two families to come and join together.

i hope u have understood what i want to say.

oh! yeah, i was supposed to go and see the girl on this saturday, but we both had something come up and could not meet. hopefully next week, we will meet and share every possible view.

wjkk wjkf

Kids these days think they know better than parents :((

Guest Guest

Hello,

Not passing any judgement or saying what the right thing to do for original poster is, but I would like to share the story of a friend I have. A non amritdhari individual took amrit and then married him (having wanted to marry him prior to taking amrit). Within a year or two of taking amrit the girl completely left sikhi, this left my friend in a really difficult position, being married to an apostate.

Just thought that may be relevant to the thread.

Guest shaadi council

GET MARRIED TO HER you have things in common.. just imagine a life where the person you marry and you know nothing about and you find out you dont really like her... thats where you begin to dig yourself a deep hole inside and live your life in regret... not worth it man .. marry de girl if your heart tells u do it

Guest asdf- OWNER

vjkk vjkf

this is what worries me as well... i dont want to force her to take amrit and then get marry to me. as i said in my first post that i would love if the feeling of taking amrit comes from heart then she would be a stronger person and may guru ji help and she will be able to stay in the khalsa panth for the rest of her life.

i think i should try and invite her to my gursikh friends and their company. most of my friends who are girls are all gursikhs and may be she learns something from them and be able to see the light.

vjkk vjkf

Hello,

Not passing any judgement or saying what the right thing to do for original poster is, but I would like to share the story of a friend I have. A non amritdhari individual took amrit and then married him (having wanted to marry him prior to taking amrit). Within a year or two of taking amrit the girl completely left sikhi, this left my friend in a really difficult position, being married to an apostate.

Just thought that may be relevant to the thread.

Guest Guest
If you dont want to get your parents involved, at least tell an uncle, aunt or an older person. So they can advise you best, its not a good idea to be sorting these things yourself.

OMG OMG OMG, BIIIIGG MOMENT

For once, I agree with her !!!