Sitting Higher Whislt Bani Is Being Recited In Another Room

akal sahai

You'd better hope that no one decides to do their nitnem on a plane... :happy:

Just do nitnem in space!!! Then you'll be above everyone and not have to worry!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

So the second someone decides to do gurbani on the space station, we're all screwed :p

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

When Guru Nanak stopped at Hardwar a pilgrimage center on the Ganges river he found a large gathering of devotees. They were taking ritual baths in the holy river and offering water to the sun. When the Guru asked "Why do you throw water like that?" The pilgrims replied that they were offering it to their ancestors. Guru Nanak upon hearing this started throwing water in the opposite direction towards the west. When the pilgrims asked him what he was doing?. Guru Nanak replied "I am sending water to my farm which is dry". They asked, "How will water reach you crops so far away?". Guru Nanak replied, "If your water can reach your ancestors in the region of the sun, why can't mine reach my fields a short distance away?" The pilgrims realized their folly and fell at the Gurus feet.

Lets not make it a ritual sitting higher/lower.

if anything, go sit along with them and do the bani with them. (<-- thatd be a perfect world, huh? ) =).

anyways, those are my two cents.

Do not get worked up over the whole higher/lower thing - its a myth and nothing more.

Guruji would go to places and the people would climb trees to hear him talk!

When listening to the Guru Granth Sahib, it is customry respect to be seated on the floor infront of his throne - that is all. With regards to Gurbani reading that is not from the embodiment of the Guru Granth Sahib, ie free talk or reading from gutka, then there is no such custom.