Dating

Guest cookieman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest concerned901
well to be honest, when someone says that they are dating, most, probably all times, they have meant that they are partners ie bf and gf.

Which I definetly see more than a cup of tea. lol

An d it does leave me bothered if when I get married that all the girls that are left are nes that say they have ex partners. lol

So I do get more bothered aboout dating then I normally would, because it still somehow affects me and others when choosing a partner for marriage, ie who not to choose.

its sad that if someone has been dating, you consider them a sellout. That's what it comes down to, doesn't it?

"I like this girl, she's good in every w- What? she's been dating? <admin-profanity filter activated>!"

Maybe they live differently than you. Maybe they want to know a person before they spend their life with them. Maybe they have even an iota of dignity to make choices on their own.

Perhaps their better off with you being struck out of their possible spouses list...

i dont really think, it should matter what other people think you should do what you feel is right for yourself and not be judged.

If ya wanna date then go out with the girl or guy!

its sad that if someone has been dating, you consider them a sellout. That's what it comes down to, doesn't it?

I thinks its sad they just had to date, no one forced them besides themselves.

"I like this girl, she's good in every w- What? she's been dating? <admin-profanity filter activated>!"

Maybe they live differently than you. Maybe they want to know a person before they spend their life with them. Maybe they have even an iota of dignity to make choices on their own.

I do not see how getting to know someone requires becoming ones partner or ex, do you? And of course, it is also a choice of our own to decide to have one partner per lifetime as opposed to many. I mean who wants something 2nd or 3rd hand or more.

Perhaps their better off with you being struck out of their possible spouses list...

and ditto to them :) why marry me when they can go and make more boyfriends? I do not wish to stop them from making more partnerships, they can go and enjoy :) )))) they don;t need a possible spouses list when they have a possible boyfriends list to get through ;)

Also to add to thise, all these people who complain about sikh girls running off with pakistanis, well if they want to behave liberally then I do not see why I should stop them just because of someone's race or religion?

i dont really think, it should matter what other people think you should do what you feel is right for yourself and not be judged.

If ya wanna date then go out with the girl or guy!

well the best thing to do is to do stuff undercover if they don;t want to be judged. Of course from the original poster it doesn;t seem to be a problem because it seems his friends and peers probablybehave this way anyway and is more annoyed at his parents for having a more honourable menatility.

Of course I think he should do what his parents say.

Its a free world, so if somebody wants to date, let them do it, but when it comes to sikhi, there is absolutely no place for dating. Unfortunately what I have observed is that these days many amritdharis date, infact their bhekh of amritdhari makes it easier for them to date. U go to a rainsubayee and find a lonely corner and do some haha heheh and after some time do the pattit disgraceful act. Its happening quite a bit. Such dating is worse than non-amritdharis dating.

I have observed lots of dating happens at deraas or at some rainnsubayees or other crowded smagams in Punjab and I feel people who do such dating, their legs shud be broken and their faces shud be blackened.

if someone has had alot of partners it does make them look cheap, if they want to date well thats up to them but be prepared to get rejected too cos i dont think women and especially men want to marry someone who has had alot of partners.............i dont think i could marry someone who i didnt respect! and amritdharis who date are a joke. whats the point of taking amrit if you are going to break it.

well from some of the families i have observed, theres families that just give amrit to their children at a young age, and then don't teach them any manners to them or any way to behave at any age lol.

Also then theres these other sikhs who think they have to take amrit, but they don;t have any values, just know how to do paat and go gurdwaras. Theres also the people who try and give amrit to absolutley everyone, you know like a numbers game, similar to how many peoeple from other religions like chrtisianity and islam try to get people do join their religion. Basically givin amrit to a characterless person isn;t very effective lol

Basically, chakking amrit is just the start of a very disciplined life entirely based on naam and gurbani. But, when a person chakks amrit and does not keep proper rehit, he is under the constant attack of the 5 demons.

Now, when such a person goes to smagams or deraas, he meets similar people who are not serious about meditation and bhagti and thats where the problem starts. Their amritdhari bhekh helps them to do things that non-amritdharis will find difficult as nobody will do suspicion or stop someone from attending a smagam or kirtan program at a "friend's" house.

Same is the problem with the "sant babas". They use their garb of "sant baba" to do things that even lusty worldy people cannot do. The girl-friends of these "sant babas" are those mad bibis who feel that just by sleeping with "sant baba" they will cross over this terrible world ocean.

didnt read all of the posts, but

Its not about being modern, or sticking to old 'traditions', its about your priorities as a sikh, and dating just doesnt logically fit in.

Think about why you want do date, go to the root of it, and see if that helps or leads you away from your goal as a sikh-to become one.