Why Sikhs join Congress after 1984?

Simran9

Fellow Gursikhs:

I have been wondering about this for a long time...

We all know that Indira Gandhi was of Congress party (right?) and we know about what happened in 1984 with Operation Bluestar...

So WHY did Captain Amarinder Singh join the Congress party and WHY did Punjab elect him as Chief Minister? I know that the other option is the Akali Dal stuff which is broken into so many parties none could ever get enough votes....

But after knowing what happened to our people in 1984, after the people of Punjab who lived through that are still there, WHY did they elect a man of the Congress party, the party that called for Operation Bluestar? :T:

I have one more question sort of related to this:

Giani Gail (how do spell it) Singh was President (I think) of India at the time and Indira was PM. As far as I know, the President has the final say on what happens. If he signs the document, the Order, it will happen. My dad says that if Giani Gail Singh had not signed the paper to start the bombing on Golden Temple, all that mass murder would not have happened. And Giani Gail Singh would have been forever revered for putting his foot in the way as President and signing the papers for Indira for Operation Bluestar.

If thats the case...If all this could have been avoided if Giani Gail Singh didn't sign the papers....then why do Sikhs hate Indira Gandhi for what happened? :T: WHy is it all her fault? I have never heard of anyone putting down Giani Gail SIngh for not standing up for the Sikhs...except for my dad.

Whoever knows more about these 2 issues please share and enlighten me and the rest of us.

Thanks

Guest mehtab

ok my sources on amrinder singh cud be incorrect...we do know that he belongs to the royal patiala family, and also i have heard that he is not at all corrupt coz he already has inherited royal wealth...so he doesnt need to amass money thru corrupt ways like other politicians (this is what i have heard)...also, gyani zail singh did sign the orders for operation bluestar...from what i have heard (again this cud be right or wrong), young girls who would come to take a stroll at the presidential gardens in new delhi would be kidnapped by his men, and then he would rape them and leave them...i dunno if this is true, and as i mentioned this is something i just heard. please correct me if i m wrong. however, i dont think the Sikh qaum can forgive him ever for allowing operation bluestar.

I agree with ms514 ji....

Our Leaders :T:

1) Most corrupt

2) Use panth for solve their own interests

3) Cowards in sikh religion

and so on....

Rest about Giani Gail Singh.......with all above qualities.......signed for the sake of "KURSI"

Indira Gandhi was the most shrewd politician, deliberately she sent all sikh army officers to lead operation blue star and did many similar deeds.

hmmmm Raja ji Amrinder Singh is not Corrupt :@:@:) .....

I will try to answer ur questions accord. to my understanding.

>>So WHY did Captain Amarinder Singh join the Congress party <<

----Capt Amarinder Singh is a good guy(I think) as he gave up his position(i dont remember his position) of Indian Government in PROTEST against the operation blue star.I think he did the right thing at that time.Therefore i respect him.But after giving up that position he also wanted to be active in politics.Akalis didn't give him a chance as they knew he is a very nice guy and can beat umm easily.So he joined congress and won the election.

>>WHY did Punjab elect him as Chief Minister?<<

--Badal is SUPER DUPER corrupt.All akalis except Mann are corrupt and do not do anything except corruption.So there was no choice for punjabis but to elect congress.

>>WHY did they elect a man of the Congress party, the party that called for Operation Bluestar?<<

--People do not have any choice dude.There is no reason to elect akalis as they NEVER did anything for Sikh cause.They had Tialks on their forehead(BADAL) and are with "bharat mata ki jai' kinda guyz.They r good for NUTHIN absolutely NUTHIN.So the only choice left is congress.

Regarding ur another question abt gaini Zial Singh(i spelled it right i guess).Zial singh gave permission for Army rule in Punjab, which u cant have unless signed by president.Rest eveything (mass murder) was done entirely by Indra Gandhi.She took him in confidence and told him that nuthin will happen. Sant ji will comeout of complex with his hands up and nuthin will happen.BUT SANT JI FOUGHT LIKE A TIGER like a real saint and soldier.Indra Gandhi plan was not to "flush

out" millitants.Her aim was to "teach sikhs a lesson".That is why she ordered to pluder 52 another gurudwara also.That is why she ordered to take away all the sikh scriptures and sikh artifacts.That is why she ordered to loot every GOLAK of every gurudwara.The army also practiced for almost a year on fake Golden temple models before attack.Sant ji knew this and was there to defend the temple.What a gallant defender he is.He defended till his last breath.

So Indra Gandhi took Zial Singh into confidence and followed with "teach a lesson to sikh" operation.

I hope this will help.