Restaurant to face $10,000 fine for rejecting Sikh

Akaali

You havent read my post clearly..

I never said something...rather i asked something

So it was a question on ur comment that it's a "GAY POSE" in the pic.

And btw....how you guys know about gay pose??? :T:

Clearly you have nothing to say to my post..concerning my comments on the turban issue.

I know about gays, because I have met many at work. So I recognise gay poses.

I would suggest you re-read my post, which quotes your post. Take care to note, the word 'something' does not appear in yout text.

I am aware you asked something. And I answered it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take care to note, the word 'something' does not appear in yout text.

:@

"Something".........was to convey that i didnt mean....that you said "guru sahib allowed smart comments on the pics"(taken from your post) in your first post . But was to clarify

that it was not a statement but a question...

I hope i made myself pretty clear about what i meant by that.

Secondly, i'm least bothered from where you got to know about Gays or ....

I asked that question to all who made smart comments about GAY POSE .....and i asked that coz i was bit curious that howcome for sudden everyone jumped into GAY stuff!!!!!!

and i'm the most "nimana" sikh here....but still i feel our religion also dont allow you to make fun of someone else for no reason

And last thing...my comments about TURBAN issue......i have experienced myself that how it felt when in front of public someone ask you to remove your turban!

I wont even try to justify that its good to go in Discz of Nite clubz.....coz its upon oneself....its upon you to decide with the guidance of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji...

For example.....discussion never ends for meat topic..some ppl says..its not allowed..some say it is, its up

on you to decide!

But here in the thread i was quite surprised, according to me..your posts(all above)...implies...."IF YOU ARE A SIKH WITH A TURBAN AND "YOU GO TO DISCO", AND YOU HAVE BEEN KICKED OUT OF THAT COZ U R SIKH....WE ARE NOT CONCERNED"

Still i will be the first person to be concerned about that.....Coz its easy to highlite the bad things but difficult to admire some good ones..i hope you know what i mean by that

Vaneet Singh,

I know exactly what you are saying. I am far from perfect, hence my making fun of the 'gay pose'.

Being asked to take you Dastar of in public is something that cannot be described in words because that is a BIG insult. But you have to understand that by taking your dastar into a disco or club is also a hugh insult to Guru Sahib also. It is your decision to go to such places, but to wear guru sahib's nashani and do the same..well, you will have to account for those actions.

Bhull Chuk Maaf!

I agree on this front with you ji

Its upon us to decide, but we will have to account for that. Agreed!

But if you read above news carefully, here is what Chahal said

"They wouldn't even listen to me. I was saying it was a religious thing; it's not a hat. I can't take it off. It's like taking my head off, it's part of my body," Chahil said.

and i ^_^ to that.

His that particular statement clears many things about him "atleast to me"

So, Still.....i'll be the most concerned person for the above incident

Bhul Chuk Maaf

few things:

in that picture, do you SEE the alcohol on the table in front of him?

Is he Smoking a cigarette?

Was it still discrimination against the turban?

Did he not say the best thing possible, talking about how his turban is essentially a part of him, and to take his turban off would be like taking his head off?

Is this NOT going to teach more poeple about the significance of the keski/dastaar/pagh to our faith?

Understood, you know, he really shouldn't have been there in the first place. And i know MKhalsa's response, among others, will be that a palce with alcohol, cigarettes and all that is the atmosphere of manmukhs (which makes me wonder, considering almost everyone on this site insists that they are the King of Manmukhs), and i understand that... But as someone else posted, i believe it was Ravneet Kaur... he himself is not doing anything wrong.. You can't say that he is staring at the potentially half naked girls who are there. We don't know his level of spirituality.. maybe he has defeated Kaam and feels no danger in going to places like this just to relax a bit, have a coke/sprite/7up/ginger ale/ and just chill with friends.... You can't judge his character without knowing him. You don't know his intentions...

Better yet: what if he was supposed to meet someone there. What if he's close to marriage age, and his parents are finding his mate for him, but they are monay or something.. and so the girl they find wants to meet him at this club? Then what?

you can't judge his character and his action, because straight up, there is nothing clearly blatantly wrong with it.... We don't know h

is level of spirituality, and for us, it's a huge deal cuz, quite obvioulsy, none of us can handle that atmosphere... maybe he can.

i admire the fact that he defended his dastaar.. that takes guts... (especially against 10 foot, 600 pound bouncers)...

I admire the fact that he was willing to come public with it.. We don't give goray enough credit... maybe they actually WILL learn the significance of the turban to our faith, and not, as i'm sure some people on this site will say, "categorize us as club=going drunks". Maybe more people will learn that, yeah, they need their turban, and they shouldn't be hhated against for it.

I know the story of Guru GObind Singh Ji and that gursikh who started swaying on the wrong path, and he stopped him. i know this should have been taken as hukam.. After all, he went to the club, and got rejected... does that mean he forced his way in and did dirty things?

quite possibly, he left the vicinity and just decided that the discrimination aspect of the event was too much to bear so he went public with it. Does that mean he'll go back to the place? maybe not.... maybe he just wanted his turban to get some exposure (by his, i mean as a religous and cultural symbol for sikhs.. not his specific keski style haha)...

i don't think it's as bad as alot of us wanna make it seem... sorry for the long run-on post