Student Facing Jail

s8220

I can't believe a Sikh student would be so stupid - his parents must be so proud

http://spikedhumor.com/articles/157577/Tee...or-Hacking.html

Two Orange County, California, teenagers have been charged with breaking into high school offices and using stolen usernames and passwords to change lackluster grades to A's.

Omar Khan and Tanvir Singh, both 18, are facing multiple felony charges following a series of break-ins at Tesoro High School in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. Khan was arrested Monday, and Singh was expected to turn himself into court on Tuesday for arraignment.

According to prosecutors, Khan changed the D's and C's he was receiving in Spanish, Calculus and English to two A's and a B+. He's also charged with stealing tests before they had been given and using a stolen username and password to break into school computers and change the grades of 12 other students.

He is also alleged to have installed spyware software on the computer hosting the school district's grades database so that he could remotely access this system.

The police were called in after Khan requested a copy of his transcript and school officials noticed his stellar grades, the Orange County district attorney's office said.

If convicted, Khan could be sentenced to more than 38 years in prison.

Singh, who faces fewer charges, faces three years in prison. He's charged with breaking into the school with Khan in order to steal an English test on May 19. According to court filings he sent a text message to Khan around 4 p.m. planning the crime. "Hey wana go to the school tonight," he wrote. "I need someone with b***s there with me."

What a bunch of idiots!!!! I hope the judge throws the book at them for this! Do the crime, do the time!!!

the sentence is blasphemy.

the Khan dude is plain damn unlucky. Probably they have discriminated against him because he is muslim.

What a bunch of idiots!!!! I hope the judge throws the book at them for this! Do the crime, do the time!!!

the sentence is blasphemy.

the Khan dude is plain damn unlucky. Probably they have discriminated against him because he is muslim.

No i completely disagree. The laws in america are particularly harsh because they want to protect against people hacking government computers, which could potentially cost many lives through terrorist activities.

They said the sentence could be more than 38 years, but I seriously doubt that any judge or jury would allow that to happen to a student who simply tried to change his grades.

But perhaps they may wish to make an example of him to deter other would-be hackers. lets hope not.

And lets hope that Tanvir Singh gets the slapping of his life from his parents