How Should Be Interrupt Pathans Glorying Ahmed Shah Abdali?

cool water

On a few youtube video's, afghan and pasthun pathan muslim's are glorifing the evil ahmed shah abdali calling him so called "father of the afghan/pathan nation". How should we Sikhs take such glorification of an evil tyrant? who was responsible for unwarrented murderous invasions into northern India and the henious crimes against many peoples including the Sikhs. Are the pathans ignorant of his crimes? or deliberately support his policies and what he stood for?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a few youtube video's, afghan and pasthun pathan muslim's are glorifing the evil ahmed shah abdali calling him so called "father of the afghan/pathan nation". How should we Sikhs take such glorification of an evil tyrant? who was responsible for unwarrented murderous invasions into northern India and the henious crimes against many peoples including the Sikhs. Are the pathans ignorant of his crimes? or deliberately support his policies and what he stood for?

it's comparable to India glorifying Indira Gandhi. They have an international airport named after her, right in the capital, Delhi.

She ordered a mass killing of sikhs in the goden temple and her son egged on the mobs to kill sikhs in new delhi.

Just like many hindus like to worship Indira gandhi as Durga Mata, afghani muslims are looking up to the likes of ahmad shah abdali.

I guess that's the power of false propaganda, where evil people are transformed into national heroes.

peace.

mann qaum layee qurban, how can you propagate a falsehood like this.

Let's say Indira Gandhi carefully and meticulously planned slaughter of Sikhs before and after her death. Point conceded.

But that was just one incident

And you are comparing the likes of Abdali and Ghauri who have invaded 'from the front' countless times to a woman.

Something is seriously wrong with you guys.

Afghans were are are penniless paupers. Their land was barren and dry like a bald man's head. Nothing grew on it.

the only way they could prosper was by becoming a parasite and feeding off others lands.

and thus a highway robber who struck it big became a national hero.

Everybody has a standard .. everybody belongs to a certain class .. and this is their class.

Just look at them with a mixture of contempt and pity.

And ignore the crap out of them.

peace

*Afghans were and are penniless paupers.

"And you are comparing the likes of Abdali and Ghauri who have invaded 'from the front' countless times to a woman. "

you say that as if a woman is too inferior to be compared to men of power.

Ahmad shah abdali is known to sikhs for killing innocents and desecrating golden temple. Indira Gandhi has earned the same honor in sikh history.

look, just as we have a hard time seeing afghans glorifying Abdali, non-sikhs will never have the same understanding when it comes to indira gandhi in sikh ithihaas.

i don't think non-sikhs realize the enormity of having darbar sahib attacked.

for you it seems a foolish comparison, but what i say isn't even a fanatic or militant viewpoint, "moderate" sikhs, who currently run sikh affairs in punjab and india, hold the same view.

it may hurt the indian pysche to see one of theirs put alongside abdali, but that is where the sikhs have placed her. she is among those whom sikhs remember as a tyrant.

peace.

yes, Indira Gandhi is considered this great leftist-leaning leader who was paranoid about CIA and the last one who really looked after Indian Interests.

She partitioned Pakistan and won Bangladesh.

In India her moves in Golden Temple were considered poor judgement and advice given to her by agencies and those close to her coupled with her paranoia that resulted in her taking lot of poor decisions including pampering Bhinderanwale je for her personal political interests, just like Badal has accused Congress of pampering Simranjit Mann in his interview with Shekhar Gupta. (video link posted in Sikh Politics thread).

I personally am of the opinion that her death was carefully planned by western intelligence agencies because she opposed and stymied their economic and strategic plans in India.

Same with Rajiv's death that was financed and funded from middle-east from where $84 million were transferred to LTTE's accounts. Who gave these funds to LTTE and an HPG-82 Grenade suit was supplied to LTTE by Adnan Khashoggi via CIA.

Strong national leaders in developing countries were considered to be an obstacle in plans of western elite. They needed to eliminate these people through political assasinations.

So as a result India had only weak leaders henceforth.

Ofcourse common people in India do not believe so, they do not have necessary information. This is only my opinion.

what you refer to as "poor decisions" and "poor judgement" is referred to as galughara 1984 or the holocaust of 1984 in the sikh community.

again, i can totally see where you are coming from, because when Gujjars were fighting for scheduled tribe status in Rjasthan, and members were beaten and some killed by police firing, my reaction was not the same as police action against sikh protestors against sacha sauda chief....

i think it is really hard for non-sikhs to grasp the events in terms of the sikh pysche. its a perspective based on sikh ethos, traditions, and values.

peace.

what you refer to as "poor decisions" and "poor judgement" is referred to as galughara 1984 or the holocaust of 1984 in the sikh community.

I can and do understand Sikh ethos and emotions in this matter.

though I am making a conscious effort to keep it aside in this case

for greater clarity on the issue.

I am saying something different.

Developing countries need stability the most.

And events like 84 happen when internal instability is aided by external forces.

84 was the reaction of a panicked and underprepared govt.

they were worried more by external factors rather than solely by internal ones.

again, i can totally see where you are coming from, because when Gujjars were fighting for scheduled tribe status in Rjasthan, and members were beaten and some killed by police firing, my reaction was not the same as police action against sikh protestors against sacha sauda chief....

It was kinda similar.

Except that was a instance of hindus killing hindus (something you say never happens in Hindu India).

Again a common factor was the obstinacy of one woman.

The chief minister of Rajasthan who was a woman.

Similar to the way Indira Gandhi handled 84, except that 84 got way out of hand due to interference from other quarters.

the psyche of Indian politicians has been studied and well-understood.

especially in the west.

here is a quote by Shakespeare in King Lear

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods,

They kill us for their sport.”

this is how powerful interests in western world toy and play with countries in third world.

they cleverly instigate and use forces in the third world against each other.

they take glee in the death and destruction and then moralize

as if to people lower their own bearing.

and keep their hands clean and above board.

he is their hero.. let them do

indra is hero for hindus, same way sant bhindrawale and other saheed singhs are heros for us.

before stoping pathans, stop hindus.

indra is hero for hindus, same way sant bhindrawale and other saheed singhs are heros for us.