How Was Amrit Sanchar Conducted Between 1699-1708 ?

I thought Dasam Granth was made only after Guru Ji's physical passing? Didn't a Singh collect Guru Ji's Bani and turn it into Dasam Granth, rather than it being compiled by Guru Ji himself?

Which would mean there was no parkash of Dasam Granth at the time.

Also, I was told that before 1699, charanpahul was used and that this was not always from Guru Ji but sometimes from a highly-regarded Sikh. Did this carry on after 1699 [ie Panj Pyare alone (with Khande-de-pahul)]?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh, i think it was Bhai Mani Singh Ji that collected all of maharaj's bani and compiled

i dont think charan pahul was given

that used to be the "old school" form of amrit sanchaar

after khande baate da pahul, there would logically be no more need for charan pahul

I thought Dasam Granth was made only after Guru Ji's physical passing? Didn't a Singh collect Guru Ji's Bani and turn it into Dasam Granth, rather than it being compiled by Guru Ji himself?

Which would mean there was no parkash of Dasam Granth at the time.

Also, I was told that before 1699, charanpahul was used and that this was not always from Guru Ji but sometimes from a highly-regarded Sikh. Did this carry on after 1699 [ie Panj Pyare alone (with Khande-de-pahul)]?

There were two birs of dasam granth Hazuri bir and patna bir (1697 and 1698)before Bhai Mani singh's bir.

Speciality of Bhai mani singh's bir was that he combined SGGS and Dasam Granth in one volume.He also separated bani of SGGS per each Guru's writings being combined in a section.

Charan pahul was done away on Vaisakhi day of 1699.It is mentioned in Guru kia sakhian.

no

there was a debate on whether or not it shud be MADe into two granths during baba deep singh ji's time i think

sukha singh and mehtab singh made a shart--if they take massa ranghars head and bring it bak for the bhujangis to play soccer with, Sri Dasam Granth sahib Ji would remain one

Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji (aka Jaita Ji) who brought 'Sees' of Guru Sahib from Delhi wrote an eye witness account of 1699 Amrit Sanchaar. He wrote a granth called Siri Gur Katha. It is more authentic than other sources like Bhatt Vahis. I posted some lines from it regarding Amrit Sanchaar some time ago but it makes clear that five banis were read. Dasam Granth was not parkashed. Only Guru Sahib needs to be there and banis must be read from memory.

Agree with Veer Bijla Singh jee. Although I haven't read or heard of the Sri Gur Katha Granth, will look into it.

Even today the punj singhs must have punj bania memorized if they are to do seva in punj. Guru jot has been Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee, as japmans wrong bani guru guru hai bani from the start, the reason why Guru Arjan Sahib slept on the floor in kotha sahib where Aad granth sahib jee's sukhaasan was done on a palang. It was only finalized by Guru pita jee but the practice started much earlier. If it wasn't according to his hukam amrit sanchaars today wouldn't be carried out like they are with ONLY Guru Granth Sahib jee parkaash in the hajooree of punj pyaare.

There were two birs of dasam granth Hazuri bir and patna bir (1697 and 1698)before Bhai Mani singh's bir.

did two birs of DG existed as granth during guruji's time?

Yes.They have some hand written pages of Guru Gobind singh ji in both of them.These are called khas patras.There is signature of Guru sahib also.

did two birs of DG existed as granth during guruji's time?

Yes.They have some hand written pages of Guru Gobind singh ji in both of them.These are called khas patras.There is signature of Guru sahib also.

So DG existed as a granth during guruji's time and before he passed on gaddi to sggs?