American Sikh's Do Bhangra Dance

_!_GUPT_!_

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker
whose laughing now............ :lol:

lol, she thinks I care? That place is like a prison and I only joined again because I felt like being bossed around, but that got old quick.

At least 100 hours of positive things you all could have been doing, wasted away...

wow

after watching this thread...i conclude that there is nothing in bani that goes against dancing...except if its dancing to the wrong lyrics. Im sure singhs/singhnia didnt dance back in the days cuz they were busy nam japing and fighting a war for humanity. i was misguided as usual ...unless there is bani that hasnt been posted that goes against dancing.

lets do more research then fighting homies....that'll give us an answer.

dancing also is a form on exercise...i hear its an activity at the top of the list of the most effective ways to exercise...is it true?

We are not supposed to dance to find God, as sufi and turkish people spin in circles as a dance to become one with God. Guru teaches us how to be one with God.

As a Sikh should stay on a marg finer than a hair and sharper than a sword I find it hard to find energy and time to dance. (Im not even close to that level so.....) If you are very educated then instead of idle time and dancing they should go and ignite other Sikhs spiritual candles. Im not saying if you dance you are retarded or anything because when I play my music I find myself moving to the riddems also :)

a dance is the body submitting to the sound waves and the music takes the bodies emotions and blends them with the dance, but you cant find God merely from dancing, you can through music though, from what GuruJi teaches constantly. This is why we should listen to positive music and lyrics.

Why do Sikhs fight other Sikhs when their are many muslim and hindus that try to wreck the vibe and its werkin because youve lost yer focus and try to nit pick eachother.

What does someones website have to do with Sikhs/dancing/ or bhangra???????????? Was her forum praising Sikhs dancing to bhangra???????

"Everyman thinks his burden is the heaviest" Rob Nesta :)

I wish the hardcore people would take a long vacation! I'm sick of this, man! You keep ruining every thread here. You ruin all the fun! Is it because you don't know how to have fun?

The only comfort I have is once I get off of this site, I don't have to read or think about this again!

Dont know how to have fun

so u r saying pita guru gobind singh who never did bhangra or dance never had fun . Simran is fun see whe u say VAHEGUROOO VAHEGUROOO VAHEGUROOO that is fun it this the best ting we will do when we play games eg computer x box (not sports) we have fun because that how our mind is gone we have fun with a fake thing and when we do simran path that is the turu fun it will always be it alwas was.

so dass knows how to have fun doing gatka is fun simran is fun it get u closer to vaheguroooji that is fun not if we do bhangra and after we die we get slaps of jamdoots that is not fun

karahu kirapaa gopaal gobidhae apanaa naam japaavahu

GuruJi in Vaar Asa explains the krishna cult does degrading "rasa-dancings and farsical performances" of which he condemns, but there is a difference between what we are speaking of.

oh yeah the number one rule of being a sikh is youre not allowed to have fun :rolleyes: