Tohra Passed away

S1ngh

Tohra passing way was not a shocker...after a massive heart attack like that...my dad said looks like the end is near for this guy now..

let's see, he was president of SGPC for 25 years or so :T: ...I hear that he didn't do much to improve gurdwaras, like fix the bathrooms, etc. In 1995, when we went to Golden Temple..my dad went to the bathroom and the stall had a little light bulb that was barely giving any light, it stank in there, and the ceiling was dripping water on the person's head. When my dad got out to wash his hands, there was no soap!

I went again to Golden Temple in 2000, I went to the bathroom and heyy waheguroo :@ , lost my lunch in the latrine...

yep, Badal has the most land acreage in Punjab than anyone else...I don't know much else about Tohra except that he's heavily involved in politics.

also i heard that at the time of operation bluestar, when the army was there and gave em a warning to come out and surrender or the bombing will start...Bhindrawale of course didn't come out, BUT Longowal, Badal and Tohra came out and surrendered like cowards.

Longowal was latered killed by someone when Longowal went to a gurdwara and was doing matha tek. now, i've heard this story a few times, but someone correct me because now i'm not absolutely sure if the other 2 guys were Badal and Tohra, but I'm pretty sur

e it was them with Longowal.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tohra passing way was not a shocker...after a massive heart attack like that...my dad said looks like the end is near for this guy now..

let's see, he was president of SGPC for 25 years or so  :T: ...I hear that he didn't do much to improve gurdwaras, like fix the bathrooms, etc. In 1995, when we went to Golden Temple..my dad went to the bathroom and the stall had a little light bulb that was barely giving any light, it stank in there, and the ceiling was dripping water on the person's head. When my dad got out to wash his hands, there was no soap!

I went again to Golden Temple in 2000, I went to the bathroom and heyy waheguroo  :@  , lost my lunch in the latrine...

yep, Badal has the most land acreage in Punjab than anyone else...I don't know much else about Tohra except that he's heavily involved in politics.

also i heard that at the time of operation bluestar, when the army was there and gave em a warning to come out and surrender or the bombing will start...Bhindrawale of course didn't come out, BUT Longowal, Badal and Tohra came out and surrendered lik

e cowards.

Longowal was latered killed by someone when Longowal went to a gurdwara and was doing matha tek. now, i've heard this story a few times, but someone correct me because now i'm not absolutely sure if the other 2 guys were Badal and Tohra, but I'm pretty sure it was them with Longowal.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Your right Bhainji, it was Longowal and Tohra who came out of the Harmandir Sahib with their hands up and surrendered to the army in 1984. Badal wasn't actually in the complex and was arrested elsewhere.

I know that it's a bad thing to talk ill of the dead but let's be objective here. As far as I am aware Tohra's contribution to Sikhism was NIL. Yes, the indian media will make him out to have been a success but he was a success for the indian establishment and not for the Sikhs of SGPC

Here's a list of his failures

1. He vowed to defend Harmandir Sahib with his life if the army attacked but meekly surrendered.

2. In many books on 1984 it is claimed that Tohra, Badal and Longowal gave their consent to the attack because Sant Bhindranwale was becoming the leader of the Sikhs and they were scared of losing their Kursi

3. Just before the attack Tohra had been having talks with Indira Gandhi and was willing to back off from the Anandpur Sahib declaration and accept a few concessions and then announce that the Sikhs had beaten the Indian govt. He approached Sant Bhindranwale and tried to convinced Sant Bhindranwale that this was a great achievement. Santji accused him of betraying the movement for which hundreds of Sikhs had been killed and lakhs jailed and now he was backing off from the declared aim of the movement to implement the Anandpur Sahib Declaration. This was when he agreed with Indira Gandhi to the attack.

4. He made sure that the all the signs of the army attack were obliterated. All bullet holes w

ere filled up and not even one sign was left for future Sikh generations to see what the Sikhs had gone through in 1984

5. He was head of the SGPC for 25 years and presided over the worst decline in Sikhism since 1849. Look at the Punjab today and see how bad the situation is. His presidentship was a failure.

6. He made sure that there was no opposition from the SGPC to the RSS when it tried to infiltrate into Punjab. Today it's not unusual for daily press statements by RSS saying that Sikhs are Hindus and these pass by without any counter statements by SGPC.

These are just a few things that I could think of. I am sure there are more. There's a common view in the last decade considering that leaders that are failures continue to remain in control of the Sikhs that they only 'resign' when Yama takes them away. I'm sure that had Tohra lived for another 10-20 years he would have continued to remain in control of the SGPC and done nothing to stem the tide of apostasy that is engulfing Sikhism.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

also i heard that at the time of operation bluestar, when the army was there and gave em a warning to come out and surrender or the bombing will start

did they give any warning ?I have heard from eyewittness account that there was no such warning.Plz correct me if i m wrong.

:T: ....maybe by "warning" what i meant to say (now that i'm trying to recall the story more clearly) is that Badal, Tohra and Longowal and the rest were given a chance to get out from the complex and these 3 guys got out from the complex, wait...my version of the story still says that they had a "warning" before the bombing started :T: ok, somebody tell us how it really happened :@

I think they(akalis) knew that attack is inevitable....as they(army) went there just to attack the complex (a country, with 6 army regiments with tanks, air force and more than 70,000 army men , was not there for a peaceful solution), so they(Akalis) came out of complex with hands up.There was no such warning for general public as Sikhs were allowed to enter the complex till 1st or 2nd of the month(or may be 3rd).They(army) relaxed the curfew just to get as many sikhs as possible.

So Akalis knew that army gonna attack the complex so they came out, but army DID NOT warn the general public.Sant ji also knew that they gonna attack the complex but he was there to defend the complex.

I have limited knowledge so someone plz let us know the truth behind it.

And when it came to adopting children, he preferred to adopt a girl—in a state with the worst sex ratio in the country.

^_^^_^^_^ As opposed to Mr. Badal who had an akhandpaath for the birth of his grandson last year I think it was.

Secondly,

I checked with my source of my story again...he was in amrika in 84, but he says LOG KEHNDE AA that this is how it happened: army was stationed outside Golden Temple for a few days...Golden Temple was closed, what I mean is whoever is inside is inside and outside ppl can't go in...there was plenty of public inside who was there to support Bhindrawale...army gave warning to the ppl inside to comeout and surrender by a certain time or bombing will start...those 3 guys surrendered...then my source isn't sure :T: of who started the initial shooting, the ppl inside o

r the army...and you know the rest

GuruFatehJi.

It is disheartening to note how we speak all sorts of things once a person is gone. Be it praise or otherwise, what we cannot say to someone when they are alive, of what use is it when they are dead? They will never come before us to defend themselves if we speak bad about them, even if it is all true.

Does 'Sarbat da Bhalla' mean anything to anyone anymore? Let us not judge people, and instead learn from, and teach by example, to refine the self.

Did not Bhai Khanaaiya tend to even the enemy? Have we not learnt nothing from him?

Please let us not discuss anyone if it does not make you or me better Sikhs, and if brings no glory to the Panth.

In humility,

Lakhvir Singh