Rip Ishmeet Singh

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ishmeet Singh winner of of the popular Star TV reality show Voice of India 2007 died in Maldives on Tuesday evening.

He drowned in the swiming pool of his hotel Chaaya Island Dhonveli in Maldives.

Ishmeet arrived at Male’ this morning, to perform in the Star Voice of Maldives, shortly to be held on 1st August.

“It is very unfortunate and I came from Gajendra Singh about this incident. I am absolutely shocked,” said the singer Shaan.

Ishmeet Singh, an 18 year old boy from Ludhiyana used to suffer from stage fear in his childhood. The fear was overcome after he sang in front of a huge crowd in the Delhi Audition of Star Voice of India.

He is a true fan of Shaan and considers him as his idol. He also admires A. R. Rehman and his dream is to sing for him.

He was among the top 2 finalists on Star Voice of India and was crowned the winner on November 24, 2007. He was also one of the contestants of Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar, a singing competition on Star Plus channel and represented the Champions team. He was eliminated on June 20, 2008.

Star Voice of India was an Indian Television singing competition that premiered on 18 May 2007 and ended on 24 November 2007. It was the first Indian singing competition produced by STAR Plus. The show was directed by Gajendra Singh, creator of the famous Sa Re Ga Ma Pa series and also featured judges that were on the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa series, Aadesh Srivastav, Abhijeet Bhattacharya, Alka Yagnik, Lalit Pandit and Jatin Pandit. Shaan hosted SVOI and has left Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.

Ishmeet Singh - Star Voice of India winner dies in the Maldives

Jul 29th, 2008 | By admin | Category: News and Updates ishmeet_singh.jpg

ishmeet.jpg

Ishmeet Singh - Star Voice of India winner dies in the Maldives today.

The cause of his death was drowning according to official news sources. Some also suspects that the cause of death might have been due to damages to his head from a dive into the swimming pool (That was from TVM). Ishmeet Singh was reported to have been staying in a Resort Island ( Chaaya Island Dhonveli ) in the Maldives.

According to the Assistant Manager of Chaya Dhonveli Maldives, Mr. Malan Robert,

Ishmeet Singh was in the swimming pool along with his friends. None of them could swim! He was in the (Shallow Pool - Baby pool) and was asked not to get into the Deep pool. However, he went to the deep pool. He taking too much time got his friends worried and they informed the hotel and found him drowned.

The doctor from ADK hospital in Male’ confirms the cause of death as drowning and did not point out any damages to his head as speculated earlier.

National Police Services is investigating the matter along with the Hotel.

According to the hotel sources, he died between 5.15 and 5.20pm. Preparations are underway to take Ishmeet Singh’s body home.

He was rushed to the hospital around 5:30pm this afternoon and died before he could reach the ADK hospital.

fbf_ishmeet-01.jpgHe and other Voice of India participants were visiting the Maldives to perform in the Voice of India Show in the Carnival on 1 August, Friday.

Ishmeet Singh, a 19 year old boy from Ludhiyana used to suffer from stage fear in his childhood. The fear was overcome after he sang in front of a huge crowd in the Delhi Audition of Star Voice of India.

He is a true fan of Shaan and considers him as his idol. He also admires A. R. Rehman and his dream is to sing for him.

He was among the top 2 finalists on Star Voice of India and was crowned the winner on November 24, 2007. He was also one of the contestants of Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar, a singing competition on Star Plus channel and represented the Champions team. He was eliminated on June 20, 2008.

Our condolences to his family: his death is a great loss for us all.

Old article:

Ishmeet Singh: Young Celebrity Among the Sikhs

Naureen Kaur

Born and raised in America, I am a 13-year old young girl. I love watching Voice of India and looked forward to the results. As a result I quickly found out that two Sikhs were in the competition and that made me enthusiastic.

One was Ishmeet Singh, the other was Arshpreet Kaur. I would watch every show, and when both these Sikhs made it to the top 12, I couldn’t believe it. But in the next round, Arshpreet Kaur under peer pressure cut her hair short. Frankly, I felt very disappointed at her action, and was even more scared if Ishmeet might follow her example.

I did as much research on Ishmeet and probably learned more about him than his fellow contestants. I found out that Ishmeet is an 18 year old boy from Ludhiana and suffered from stage fear in his childhood. The fear was overcome after he sang in front of a huge crowd in the “Delhi Audition of Star Voice of India.” Despite getting hate mails and rude comments he believed in himself and didn’t cut his hair. When Ishmeet made it to the finals, I was overjoyed and sent the news to all my friends. I also, a couple of times, sent an SMS for him.

Waiting for the final result was an extraordinary event for me. The incredibly famous singer Lata Mangeshkar announced the results and proclaimed the winner as: ISHMEET SINGH! I was overjoyed to see a Sikh win the 1st Voice of India contest. I decided that no matter what, I was going to meet Ishmeet Singh.

I took a trip to India and covered the whole south of India during that trip. I was able to go to film city in Mumbai and spent two days there and saw many shootings in progress and met many India movie stars and took autographs. I still had one wish to fulfill and that was to meet Ishmeet, the idol of Punjab and the first Voice of India winner. With Waheguru’s grace, my wish was fulfilled.

Two hours before my return trip back to USA, I got the chance to visit him. This talented Sikh turned out to be very humble, polite, and caring. His idea on winning rested in the ultimate sense to have faith in Waheguru wholeheartedly. He is an idol to many young Sikhs all around the world and he can inspire and motivate young Sikh men and women to succeed in life without compromising their values and traditions under any pressure whatsoever. While interviewing him, he very clearly said to me that in future he would do everything in his power to help Sikh youth with talent to step out of the shadow. His soon to be released first CD is a Shabad Keertan CD which he completed the day after I left India. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors, and hope he will continue to reach the top and stay there for a long time.

All the best Ishmeet, and go for your goals!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!