Are Souls Created Or Is There A Fixed Number?

priyap

iv been thinking abt this for like a year and have asked many people bt no one really knows.is ther a fixed no of souls or are more created? in my opinion yeah i think theres more souls being created bcs in another yug e.g satjug majority msut have achieved salvation so when the next yug came shudnt there be less animals and people?? do i make sense?? so why is the population increasing? where are all these souls coming from?? bcs shudnt there b a fixed amount of souls that need to achieve mukti and thats why wer being passed from one form to another in order to achieve mukti when getin the human life.i hope what iv written is understandable.thnks to all repleys :vaheguru:

Remember that what we see isn't all that there is

Gurbaani talks about numerous khanddaan.. numerous universes and planets and homes for life to exist on. This is not necessarily the only place that our soul can live in human/animal/etc form.

Perhaps there is a fixed number, and the number on some other planet or life-home is now decreasing as ours is increasing. Who knows?

Remember that what we see isn't all that there is

Gurbaani talks about numerous khanddaan.. numerous universes and planets and homes for life to exist on. This is not necessarily the only place that our soul can live in human/animal/etc form.

Perhaps there is a fixed number, and the number on some other planet or life-home is now decreasing as ours is increasing. Who knows?

yeah i never saw it like that...yeah ur right it does say that in gurbani thers loads of universes but i suppose i never thought that life could b on those planets.a very good point.

Only the creator knows for sure about what he has created!

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

:WW:

Remember also that souls abide in other creatures such as snakes/tigers/ants etc.

Souls will come from these places too. Humans are destroying vast quantities of habitat. How many creatures have we knowingly and unknowingly killed?

Maybe there's a fixed number of souls and as some merge, others are created?

I do not know what the Guru has to say on this matter so we can only speculate.

Attmas quality is the same as Prathmas quality, both being limitless, infinite, immeasurable. Yes we may try to understand the secular existence or one particular personality but the primary Attma infused within is Prathma itself and is immeasurable. So far as to say the single Attma that is contributed to your own self is also unlimited it can multiply inexhaustibly. So one can be one or ten or whatever.

Creation however vast it may appear and unlimited does have limitations. It is immense but its very nature is unbiased without preference however it remains only the Sargun quality of Nirgun Nirinkar. So creation is happening all the time but it can cease at any time. The soul or attma cannot be destroyed in a tangible sense as creation or the body can.

Attmas quality is the same as Prathmas quality, both being limitless, infinite, immeasurable. Yes we may try to understand the secular existence or one particular personality but the primary Attma infused within is Prathma itself and is immeasurable. So far as to say the single Attma that is contributed to your own self is also unlimited it can multiply inexhaustibly. So one can be one or ten or whatever.

Creation however vast it may appear and unlimited does have limitations. It is immense but its very nature is unbiased without preference however it remains only the Sargun quality of Nirgun Nirinkar. So creation is happening all the time but it can cease at any time. The soul or attma cannot be destroyed in a tangible sense as creation or the body can.

could u please ellaborate on this line "So far as to say the single Attma that is contributed to your own self is also unlimited it can multiply inexhaustibly. So one can be one or ten or whatever". Are u saying that 1 soul can like replicate many times maybe forming lie 10 more soulss?? was just a bit confused because i havent heard of this before prob bcs i dont have mch knowledgee.thaanks :Re:

could u please ellaborate on this line "So far as to say the single Attma that is contributed to your own self is also unlimited it can multiply inexhaustibly. So one can be one or ten or whatever". Are u saying that 1 soul can like replicate many times maybe forming lie 10 more soulss?? was just a bit confused because i havent heard of this before prob bcs i dont have mch knowledgee.thaanks :Re:

The quality and quantity of Attma is immeasurable, but if we for the sake of understanding now we choose to analyse it we could say that fundamentally more than one quality of Attma can exist at the same time. If this was the scenario the Attma in this situation is acting consciously with awareness which is not always the case with Attma as it can also act on tendency and desire. The problem here is how to explain something that is beyond logic and comprehension so I will give you an example to help clarity. Two or more people can be existing at the same time but with a single and same quality of Attma, here it is done for a reason and the two personalities of the single Attma exist for a purpose of the reason fully aware of the situation. Only someone or I should say Attma that has full capability and control can achieve such things. So one can be ten or however many it chooses because the limitless is unbound and cannot be measured in essence Attma is a quality of Prathma, Sargun is quality of Nirgun. So the God we go looking for here and there is sitting inside wondering when the personality mind, body, emotion will come to realise it. Funny really when you come to think about it!