Quwali

akal sahai

If someone wishes to get 'mast' off KACHI bani, then they can do so without putting shame on Dasve Patshaa da roop. I cannot believe how lightly this is being taken. This is Guroo Gobind Singh Ji's own image he is doing besti of! The only source of rass for Guroo De Sikh is Guroo Di Bani, how shameful for someone with the form of Sache Patshaa to be sitting at the feet of a man singing false songs and showing himself to be completely absorbed in it.

Where's the naam rass?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone wishes to get 'mast' off KACHI bani, then they can do so without putting shame on Dasve Patshaa da roop. I cannot believe how lightly this is being taken. This is Guroo Gobind Singh Ji's own image he is doing besti of! The only source of rass for Guroo De Sikh is Guroo Di Bani, how shameful for someone with the form of Sache Patshaa to be sitting at the feet of a man singing false songs and showing himself to be completely absorbed in it.

Where's the naam rass?

isn't kachi bani as you claim it is been sung in samagams where soo called chardi-kalah naam abhaayasi rassiya bibeki singhs distort vahiguroo into grrrrrrrrrrr, grrrrrrrrrrr, bruhhhhhhhhhhhhab,,, aahheheh and when sangis are questioned, they play the usual avastha card.. not that i disagree with avastha point.

if neela bana wala singh can go in masti(trance) and start distorting vahiguroo mantar to ruuuh,, grrrrrr,, brauuuha,, hahaha refuses they have commited blaphemsy because love doesn't have boundaries then equally sardar sahib in the video can also get into masti on kachi bani as you claim it(which doesnt even make sense- no one is equating qwali with bani)... i don't know why you are taking it heavily? is it only certain type of sikhs are allowed in sachkhand and cannot expereince bliss/masti rest of the sikhs cannot?.

if non-raag kirtan is ok then qawali is?

ah well i listen to bhangra so never mind :D

Where's the naam rass?

isn't kachi bani as you claim it is been sung in samagams where soo called chardi-kalah naam abhaayasi rassiya bibeki singhs distort vahiguroo into grrrrrrrrrrr, grrrrrrrrrrr, bruhhhhhhhhhhhhab,,, aahheheh and when sangis are questioned, they play the usual avastha card.. not that i disagree with avastha point.

if neela bana wala singh can go in masti(trance) and start distorting vahiguroo mantar to ruuuh,, grrrrrr,, brauuuha,, hahaha refuses they have commited blaphemsy because love doesn't have boundaries then equally sardar sahib in the video can also get into masti on kachi bani as you claim it(which doesnt even make sense- no one is equating qwali with bani)... i don't know why you are taking it heavily? is it only certain type of sikhs are allowed in sachkhand and cannot expereince bliss/masti rest of the sikhs cannot?.

seriously, i heard some scary kirtan that was posted up on youtube, but obviosuly been removed. sounded like some jungle animals, if that ain't beadbi, rthen i don;t know what is lol

Namstang Ji, to me anything other music than Gurbani is kachi bani. Music lyrics are either full of worldly things Guroo Sahib has ordered us against, or people use the excuse of other songs which have 'nice lyrics' or talk about God. If the latter category isn't kachi bani I don't know what is. If we need to go to songs written by humans to appreciate Vaheguroo, then one must ask that as a Sikh what are they not getting from Gur Maharaj Di pavitar Bani?

On the Gurmantar point I think we can argue till the cows come home. I object specifically to someone taking Guroo Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj da roop and publically acting in such a manner in something other than Guroo Sahib di bani. That's absolutely wonderful if we can absorb ourself in such a way in Naam and Gurbani while sitting at Guroo Sahib's feet, rather than below a human being singing false words.

Londonjatt, I did not realise that qwali was Gurbani :rolleyes:

And it's absolutely disgusting that you would insult Guroo Maharaj di beloved sangata by calling them 'jungle animals. I suggest you read Gurbani to see how dear to Guroo Sahib's heart those who sit together and sing Gurbani are, even if you may not understand their love.

isn't kachi bani as you claim it is been sung in samagams where soo called chardi-kalah naam abhaayasi rassiya bibeki singhs distort vahiguroo into grrrrrrrrrrr, grrrrrrrrrrr, bruhhhhhhhhhhhhab

Have had Naam-drirh this way? Or have you practiced it with Sikhs? Otherwise you are simply being foolish. You raised the same point long ago and it was refuted. There are different ways of japping gurmantar but this is entirely different than kachi bani. There are some who act like they are at high avastha but you have no right to insult naam drirh.

The origins of Qawwali music trace back over seven hundred years to the spiritual Samah songs of Persia. Qawwali's devotional themes of peace and love are held to come from God, sung on earth by the people and spiritual gurus who follow these traditions.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan the most revered Qawwal came to prominence to western audiences through his collaborations with Eddie Vedder and Tim Robbins (Dead Man Walking soundtrack), Michael Brook, Massive Attack, and Peter Gabriel (Last Temptation of Christ soundtrack) which would result in a number of tours and albums released in North America and Europe.

After newly signing with American Recordings, Nusrat recorded what would become his final studio recordings. Produced by Rick Rubin, these recordings expand on Nusrat's universal themes of spirituality, peace and love.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan died shortly after the completion of these recordings. His teaching has been passed on to his nephew Rahat, who's apprenticeship began when he was young boy. Quawwali tradition dictates that the teachings be passed down to the eldest son. As Nusrat did not have any male children he began to teach his young nephew Rahat. Rahat would learn very quickly the wonderful and magnificent ways of qawwali. He would also shine in many performances with his uncle on stage. Visit rahat.com to learn about his upcoming debut on American Recordings.

The voice and essence that have touched the lives of many across the globe are documented here on Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: The Final Studio Recordings. Let the spirit move you.

16th August 2006 marks Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's ninth death anniversary. I have dedicated this special section in remembrance of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan who by far is the most internationally recognized, respected and loved Pakistani Musician to date. Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali's voice will always remain close to our hearts. May God rest his soul in peace

most of fateh ali khan songs are written by sufi mast fakirs(both male and female), so as this song:

Je Tu Akhiyan De Samnay Nai Rehna

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

//Ahay Biba Sada Dil Sada Dil Mor De

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Aaa... (Chants)

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Ker Bethi Sajna Bharosa Tere Pyar Te

Ron Bethi Dil Ve Mai Tere Aitebaar Te

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Asaan Nit Da Vichora Naio Sehna

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Aaa...

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Sada Dil Morh De

Sada Dil Morh De

Sada Dil Morh De

Sada Dil Morh De

Sada Dil Morh De

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Inj Door Door Reh Ke Naio Chak(Jhal?) Lagna

Asaan Deed Bina Nahi Kuch Hoor Mangna

Aywi Nikka Jiya Manana Nai Kehna

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Aaa...

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

... (Vocables)

Te Biba Sada Dil Morh De

Tenu Chaiyede Ne Dil Walay Phaid Kholne

Asaan Tere Naal Kayi Dukh Sukh Pholne

Sade Kol Nai Tun Khari Pal Bhena

Te Biba Sada Dil Mor De

Sade Kol Nai Tun Kari Pal Bhena

Te Biba Sada Dil Mor De

... (Vocables)

Sade Kol Nai Tun Khadi Pal Bhena

Te Biba Sada Dil Mor De

Teri Marzi Ey Sade Naal Wakh Honde

Sade Marzi Hai Tere Peche Kakh Hondi

Dukh Pechla He Jogi Sanu Dena(Kehna)?

Te Biba Sada Dil Mor De

Te Biba Sada Dil Mor De

Aaa

Te Biba Sada Dil Mor De

... (Vocables)

Te Biba Sada Dil Mor De

... (Vocables)

Te Biba Sada Dil Mor De

Aaa...

Te Biba Sada Dil Mor De

Je Tu Akhiyan De Samne Nai Rehna

Te Biba Sada Dil Mor De

isn't kachi bani as you claim it is been sung in samagams where soo called chardi-kalah naam abhaayasi rassiya bibeki singhs distort vahiguroo into grrrrrrrrrrr, grrrrrrrrrrr, bruhhhhhhhhhhhhab

Have had Naam-drirh this way? Or have you practiced it with Sikhs? Otherwise you are simply being foolish. You raised the same point long ago and it was refuted. There are different ways of japping gurmantar but this is entirely different than kachi bani. There are some who act like they are at high avastha but you have no right to insult naam drirh.

i beleive this is what you talking about:

1. Baikri Bani- When one recites naam with javan(tongue), hout(lips), khaieyal(thoughts) that is called Baikari Bani.

2. Madhma Bani- When one recites naam in Kant(throat) without moving lips...just with the thoughts is called Madhma Bani.

3. Pasanti Bani- When one recites naam in hirda(heart).

4. Para Bani- When one recites naam in Nabhi(Navel) without moving tongue and with the thoughts.

Above all these 4 stages of bani is called Anhad Shabad. Simran happens with stoping the birthi/dhyaan in third eye chakar which is located between two eyes then above that is place of Trikurti and then above that there is Dasam Dwara where there is soo much light(roshani) and where anhad dhuni is playing..it can't be described only feeling ..then above dasam dwara there is sorat sachkhand where this atam gets merged and take nivas.

///

Va Va Da Abhyaas Nabhi Ch Karo

(Doing Simran of Va Va on Nabhi/Navel )

Hi Hi Di Awaaz Hiradaie Ch

(Doing Simran of hi hi on the heart)

Gu Gu Kant ch Karo

(Doing Simran Gu on the kant/near throat)

And

Ru Ru Di Awaaz Mastaak mai Ratan Kartaie Hoye Birti Kou Nirgun Atma Mein Lin Kar Duo

(Doing Simran Ru Ru on the Mastaak/third eye)

So its a cycle - Va ( on Nabhi) Hi(on heart) Gu (on Kant) Ru(On Mastak/third eye).

Naam dridh has nothing to do with this distortation of vahiguroo mantra that goes on in smagams, just listen to this:

sorry broken link... download link updated now

http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Audio/simran.mp3

after listening to this, is this what you been taught naam dridth, if this is it. i m glad i didnt get naam dritha by group who provides it...if singhs from tapoban are against doing simran- distortation of vahiguroo gurmantra while doing rehenshbhai kirtan.

So tell me Singhstah, if I sing dhan guru har krishan sahib, is that also "kachi bani"?

yes man, don't you know guru's form is now in shabad so its kachi bani? no you cannot praise sargun saroop (whether in form of guru maharaj or its creation) of akaal purkh, you are commiting kurehit.