1 God?

singhunit

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKF

We believe there is 1 god.....however all other religions are doing their own thing but still the same path to reach that 1 god.....BUT.....for example muslims eat halal meat...so if a muslim leads a good/peaceful life but continues to eat halal meat...will he still reach this 1 god? How can this 1 god let some eat meat etc and not others?

WJKK WJKF

If you believe that GOD is one, as i believe, and God is omnipresent, omnipotent, omnisient etc etc (as the SGGS mentions), then why should GOD be limtied to just nothingness, ie inner self that no one can see, feel in the material realm.

In some religions, GOD is imagined as lighting, thunder, rain, illuminisation (early Jews , OT ,NT and even Islam) etc etc.....then why cant god be a 4 headed human or a elephant (hindusm) or why can the be a he and a she at the same time...afterall, we are talking about GOD!!....why not?

We can' t say and i think it unfair to say that sikhism is the only way to GOD........i have no doubt that Guru Nanak is a realised saint and i truly respect all religion.

The essence is that all religions teach to love GOD to attain him / her / it / or both........no religion practises hatred to attain GOD.(i'm sure you agree)

Some of you have classified hinduism with ritual beleifs etc.......it reflects a very narrow perspective of your knowledge. (if you want to discusss religion, be open and not a critic)

Back to the subject, do understand that the vedic scriptures have already mentioned (if you like forecasted) guru nanaks presence in the kali age. There is no reason to deny this fact. ( No open minded sikh should)

When India was in the hands of Britain from 1760+++ (around there), in 190 years, they ripped away all of indias wealth, including the language (sanskrit... they claimed it was mere primitive language) and all of its vedic scriptures. They adulaterad all of the hindu scriptures to the point that there is so much of ambiguity / confusion in todays hindu scriptures.

I strongly advise you to avoid all books that have been endorsed by the Royal Asiatique Society, Oriental Asiatic Society and all its related links. Namely, any books endorsed by MAx Muller, Sir William Jones etc. All have beenl rigged data only to prove the Aryan invasion theory and their aim to spread Christianity in India.

Asides from the above references (if you find any), you will understand that the VEdic Sriptures, ie Upanishads, Puranas, RAmayana, Mahabarat have only love for GOD. They have been written in Sanskrit, the perfect language of the world. (the westerners have tried to avoid this fact as well but to no avail as Sanskrit is a divine work of art).

Jai Shri Ram

There are two types ones like most here obsessed with the banter of religions and life waiting for the moment, the saviour, the prophecy, the god in some form or another. But they wait too scared to step up to the mark. Religion God and Guru is for them just a fragile security.

The second cares nothing for the religious ritualistic belief systems, nothing for life nothing for death they realise the god within and simply wish to merge with that which is unbound and limitless.

A Sikh has no prohibitions no rules no regulations A True Sikhs life is living consciously what they do is out of realisation of the ultimate truth.

A step in to the infinite is a step within. So understand the limited mind, the limited body, the limited self created personality, In yourself is God, be this and be free.