Some Good Sikh Religious Films:

guptveer1469

The ones in bold are the movies that i have seen.

1. Nanak Naam Jahaz Hai (1969)

2. Nanak Dukhiya Sab Sansar (1970)

3. Man Jeete Jag Jeet (1973)

4. Bhagat Dhanna Jatt (1974)

5. Dukh Bhanjan Tera Naam (1974)

6. Sacha Mera Roop Hai (1974)

7. Sat Guru Teri Oat (1974)

8. Mittar Pyare Nu (1975)

9. Papi Tere Anek (1976)

10. Sawa Lakh Se Ek Ladaun (1976)

11. Sat Sri Akal (1977)

12. Guru Maneo Granth (1979)

13. Ucha Dar Babe Nanak Da (1982)

14. Sarbans Danni Guru Gobind Singh (1998)

15. Khalsa (1999)

16. Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khaas (2001)

17. Deh Shiva Bar Mohe (2002)

18. Mittar Pyare Nu Haal Mureedan Da Kehna (2004)

19. Anokhe Amar Shaheed Baba Deep Singh (2005)

20. Nanak Naam Chardi Kala (2008)

21. Tera Bhana Meetha Laage (200?)

(I've seen Bhagat Dhanna Jatt (1974) of Dara Singh, but i hesitate to add it to the list, as it was more Hindu religious film = I've put it :) )

Yes I too would still put Bhagat Dhanna Jatt in the list as well because its still linked with Sikhi because Bhagat Dhanna's bani is in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Even though it involves Hindu Gods and Deities, the story of Bhagat Dhanna Jatt revolves around committing true selfless devotion to Akal Purakh through naam.

I've seen the movie Sat Sri Akal. Its actually not a bad film. There's too versions of it one in Punjabi and one dubbed in Hindi which was released under the title Gyani Ji. It stars Premnath, Sunil Dutt, Prikshat Sahni, Amrish Puri, Rajindernath, and Kamini Kaushal. All the males are portrayed as Sikhs with dastaars and beards. I'd recommend seeing the movie. Premnath sung Shalok Mahalla 9 in the movie, in his own voice. Also, there's a really nice song for children depicting history of the Sikh Gurus. Its called "Aao sunnavaan das guruaan di paavan amar kahni, man si unna da prem da sagar amrit vargi bani".

As for the movie Vaisakhi...I've seen this one and assuming you're referring to the same one, this is not a dharmik movie. Its a normal commercial Panjabi film starring Deep Dhillon, Sunita Dhir, Harbhajan Jabbal, Arun Bali, Amar Noori. Its actually not a bad film because it has a good story and is not the typical Jatt gandaasa movies produced during the 90s.

Still kind of linked with Sikhi - Guru Ji has mentioned em..

Nice list

OK, i've added the movie.

thanks for the compliment.

Yes I too would still put Bhagat Dhanna Jatt in the list as well because its still linked with Sikhi because Bhagat Dhanna's bani is in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Even though it involves Hindu Gods and Deities, the story of Bhagat Dhanna Jatt revolves around committing true selfless devotion to Akal Purakh through naam.

I've seen the movie Sat Sri Akal. Its actually not a bad film. There's too versions of it one in Punjabi and one dubbed in Hindi which was released under the title Gyani Ji. It stars Premnath, Sunil Dutt, Prikshat Sahni, Amrish Puri, Rajindernath, and Kamini Kaushal. All the males are portrayed as Sikhs with dastaars and beards. I'd recommend seeing the movie. Premnath sung Shalok Mahalla 9 in the movie, in his own voice. Also, there's a really nice song for children depicting history of the Sikh Gurus. Its called "Aao sunnavaan das guruaan di paavan amar kahni, man si unna da prem da sagar amrit vargi bani".

As for the movie Vaisakhi...I've seen this one and assuming you're referring to the same one, this is not a dharmik movie. Its a normal commercial Panjabi film starring Deep Dhillon, Sunita Dhir, Harbhajan Jabbal, Arun Bali, Amar Noori. Its actually not a bad film because it has a good story and is not the typical Jatt gandaasa movies produced during the 90s.

Oh cool... I'll be watching out for Sat Sri Akal (1977). Thanks for the comment on it!! Well i wasn't sure if Vaisakhi of Deep Dhillon was religious... But i still added it.. Anyways i have removed it from the list.

Thanks for the link brother!!!!!!

Excellent site, just a shame that when I asked online a few days ago if anyone knew where I could get Nanak Naam Jahaz from noone replied and then I bought it when I coudl just have downloaded it!

I feel sorry for you, bro!

18. Mittar Pyare Nu Haal Mureedan Da Kehna (2004)

Decent film but absolutely shocking in the way it portrays the Jujharoo Singh's as criminals.

Wow.. I havent seen the film... But what you told is shocking!!!

Anyways, just like I added Vaisakhi on assumption, I also added Papi Tarey Anek (1976).. I'm not sure if its a Sikh religious movie.. Anybody who had seen it should please englighten..

Here are some other films i doubt are related to Sikhism/Sikhs but I ain't very sure:

Purja Purja Kat Mare (1998, Gugu Gill, Deep Dhillon all as Sardars.. I think this movie is about Jujharu Singhs)

Baisakhi (1951, directed by Rajendra Sharma)

Change Mande Tere Bande (1976)

Main Papi Tum Bakshanhaar (1976)

Should i also add the Punjabi movies made on Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Shaheed Uddham Singh and Shaheed Kartar Singh?

Or dont they belong to the category Sikh films?

Maybe you should also consider listing Maachis (1996) although not an entirely relgious film, it still depicts a dark time in Sikh history. This film is probably the most accurate film made to date portraying post 1984 events in India.

I saw Purja Purja Kat Mare when it first came out, so its been a really long time since I seen it. You're right, both Guggu Gill and Deep Dhillon are shown as singhs in the movie. Again, its not an entirely religious film but it does present Sikh themes through out the movie (e.g. the opening song is a dharmik geet sung by Sardool Sikander and the opening scene is at the bhog of an Akhand Paath). But overall, its mainly another commerical Panjabi film.

I've heard songs from the movie Changay Manday Tere Banday (1976)...speaking from the songs, the film doesn't seem much dharmik to me but I haven't seen the film. Perhaps someone out there has who'd like to comment on it.

There was another Panjabi movie released 6-7 years ago called "Door Nahin Nankana". I haven't seen it but I remember seeing advertisements for it when it was released and it seemed like a dharmik film.

Also, have you seen the Panjabi film "Jako Rakhe Saiyan" (1986), I haven't seen it but this may be a dharmik film.

I've seen Door Nahin Nankana and it isnt a religious movie..

I havent seen Jako Rakhe Saiyan...

I dont think we should include Maachis..

and u didnt answer my question: Should i also add the Punjabi movies made on Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Shaheed Uddham Singh and Shaheed Kartar Singh?

Or dont they belong to the category Sikh films?