Question On Rakhia

jii

i've got a question on the religious event of rakhia. I've heard sikhs do not celebrate it because it is hindu event and not sikh. However, i am wondering what is the significance of a picture i have seen many times with Guru Nanak having a rakhia tied on his wrist.

Rakhdi have nothing to do with Sikhism. Yes this is Hindu festival. We never look at this in religious way. Rakhdi is just in punjabi cultural thing just like bhangra.

But this is the most beautiful and sweet thing between brothers and sisters. Some brothers and sisters stopped talking to each other for years and years and this Rakhdi bring them back in relationship.

In the pictures Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Bibi Nananki Ji doing rakdi thing........... Old times when sikhi first started everybody used to follow muslim and hindu festivals.

rakhri is not a religious thing but a cultural festival ... celebrating/not celebrating it will not make u good/bad sikh ... and yeah not only guru nanak but also baba gurditta ji celebrated this festival as per janam sakhis !!!

rakhri is not a religious thing but a cultural festival ... celebrating/not celebrating it will not make u good/bad sikh ... and yeah not only guru nanak but also baba gurditta ji celebrated this festival as per janam sakhis !!!

Which Janam Sakhis? Veerji many people argue that such a sakhi exists yet all fail to proivde the actual sakhi, could you please provide us with a source which contains this sakhi?

Rakhri is bipran ki reet the way of the baman and Sikhs cannot follow that all threads superstitions are forbidden rakhri symbolises women - females to be weak and therefore they need their bros to protect them but in Sikhi men and women are equal

The pic of Bibi Nanaki putting Rakhri on the 1st Guru is a fake false picture created in the 1930' by the RSS,as disscused in the 'Gupt' Section of this forum please see there for more info or merge the topic adimin

i've got a question on the religious event of rakhia. I've heard sikhs do not celebrate it because it is hindu event and not sikh. However, i am wondering what is the significance of a picture i have seen many times with Guru Nanak having a rakhia tied on his wrist.

I doubt if rakhrian are a Hindu festivel......they just originated with time out of sheer manmat, i doubt if vedas hold any reference to rakhrian. But anyways, Sikhs advocate not to celebrate it because it is sheer manmat and contradicts the beliefs of sikhism which gives equal respect to women and doesn't create a sense of inferiority that they have to rely on their brothers to help them in need. Women are equally blessed with amrit in sikhism and are taught to live independently like men alike with courage and dignity.

As far as Guru Nanak Sahib's photos are concerned they are just fake. You can paint any picture you like that doesn't mean it is a reality. And people suggest Hindu forces are behind it to create cconfusion in minds of sikhs. But it's very reasonable and easy to believe that how can Guru Nanak follow such fake customs of threads when same Guru Nanak had refused to wear Janju. And if at all all he did wear rakhris why are there not instances of other gurus carrying on the same tradition. There is no history of any guru or even Gursikhs sporting rakhis coz not only are they not prescribed but are also anti-gurmat.

Hope that helps.

Rakhri is bipran ki reet the way of the baman and Sikhs cannot follow that all threads superstitions are forbidden rakhri symbolises women - females to be weak and therefore they need their bros to protect them but in Sikhi men and women are equal

The pic of Bibi Nanaki putting Rakhri on the 1st Guru is a fake false picture created in the 1930' by the RSS,as disscused in the 'Gupt' Section of this forum please see there for more info or merge the topic adimin

I didn't know about the fade picture thing. Well now I know :)

I couldnt find katha by Giani Thakur Singh Ji.......... the way you said guru nanak <_<

Even some of our katha vachaak say this...

Bhai Sahab Bhai Gurdas Ji says " hey nanak...........

This is just wrong the way many people say it.. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is on the top highest position..... his name should be said with full respect.

I will try to find this katha. Its paap to say half names. In Bhagat Jalan Jaat Ji's sakhi.

Bhagat Jalan Jat Ji used to work at the farm. Whenever Sath used to call Bhagat Ji....

He says Jalan Ji

When Sath was dying Bhagat Ji said to him when Dharam Raj ask tell him how you call my name. This Sath was pappi but just saying "Jalan Ji" Ji ......... He went to sachkhan.

:)

I couldnt find katha by Giani Thakur Singh Ji.......... the way you said guru nanak <_<

Even some of our katha vachaak say this...

Bhai Sahab Bhai Gurdas Ji says " hey nanak...........

This is just wrong the way many people say it.. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is on the top highest position..... his name should be said with full respect.

I will try to find this katha. Its paap to say half names. In Bhagat Jalan Jaat Ji's sakhi.

Bhagat Jalan Jat Ji used to work at the farm. Whenever Sath used to call Bhagat Ji....

He says Jalan Ji

When Sath was dying Bhagat Ji said to him when Dharam Raj ask tell him how you call my name. This Sath was pappi but just saying "Jalan Ji" Ji ......... He went to sachkhan.

:)

???????

punjabich khavat ek rai da pahar banna na !!!

main guru nanak sahib de naam naal dev nahi lageya ... now will i be going to narak ???? and do u know guru hargobind sahibs full name is guru hargobind chand ...

dear brother i m not saying one should not use dhan dhan etc ... but word "guru" in itself is the most respectful word ... rest the list is endless ... one may say u missed jagat guru in front or sahib in the end !!!