Can A Non-amritdhair 'gursikh' Wear A Kirpan

mophlrkb

Just want to know if a non-Amritdhari 'Gursikh' (i.e. keeps Kesh etc) can wear a Kirpan in their process of becoming an Amritdhari?

my friend, if you do not have amrit in you that means you are not a "Gursikh"...You are just a sikh...

A sikh means a learner...You are a learner or sikh ,however, you do not have a guru yet...and only by taking amrit you become a Guru Wala Sikh then you can be called a Gursikh...

If you want to practice rehat then yes of course wear the kirpan to practice for the time when you do take amrit ....but otherwise why do you want to show off?

I was waiting for someone to say something like that hence the use of the ' ' .

In a lot of communites around the Uk thats i've been to, families use the word 'Gursikh' for those who keep at least their kesh and dastaar so please don't pull me up on that one cause I already know that it really is better associated with Amritdhari...

Also, where does showing off come into this?

I mearly asked if it was something someone can do, but didn't imply it involved me at all. But again, thanks for those useful comments or 'assumptions' about the poster...

A non amrit dhari sikh can have any of the kakkar as long as he have uncut hair ...

infact every sikh who is willing to have khande batte di paul ... should keep himself in full rehat atleast 2 or 3 months ... so that he can get use to it !!!

Just want to know if a non-Amritdhari 'Gursikh' (i.e. keeps Kesh etc) can wear a Kirpan in their process of becoming an Amritdhari?

Yes. As long as he doesnt break rehit.

A non amrit dhari sikh can have any of the kakkar as long as he have uncut hair ...

so, it means a mona can't wear a kara?

Thanks for the comments...!!!

Does the first response :

'Yes. As long as he doesnt break rehit.'

not also apply to all 5 K's....or is special signficance paid to the kirpan? I mean if someone only wears the Kara and keeps Kesh and breaks rehit...?!?! So how is the kirpan any different? Also, in the same sentance, I'm sure a lot of us (who are not Amritdhari) break our rehit whilst wearing some of the K's?