Swimming

Guest abcdefg

wat zijn jullie het over?

What jinn (bhoot) Julie had over?

(Means some bhoot was visiting a girl called Julie)

alles wat ik zie is gibberish.

Alice is talking gibberish.

misschien een beetje creativiteit, niet?

Am I not creative?

mein ki boli? :p

tu eh boli :D

wat zijn jullie het over? alles wat ik zie is gibberish. misschien een beetje creativiteit, niet?

Ok seriously...

What are you talking about? All I see is gibberish. maybe a little creativity, is not it?

Google text translator Jindabad!

wat zijn jullie het over?

What jinn (bhoot) Julie had over?

(Means some bhoot was visiting a girl called Julie)

alles wat ik zie is gibberish.

Alice is talking gibberish.

misschien een beetje creativiteit, niet?

Am I not creative?

wat zijn jullie het over? alles wat ik zie is gibberish. misschien een beetje creativiteit, niet?

Ok seriously...

What are you talking about? All I see is gibberish. maybe a little creativity, is not it?

ahha -- you understood the creativity part perfectly and got the message, too -- and you're reply was over the hills! w000t!!

tu eh boli :D

:lol:

Google text translator Jindabad!

fo shizzel!

• 3 years later...
Guest Singhni1

LOL that arguement is a joke! everyone is entitled to their own views/opinions so people just accept it and move on!!! If you dont want to swim then dont! If you do then do! why do we need to argue over such a silly thing? :) we should have pyaar for each other not anger <3

This thread disappoints me so much...as Sikhs we are reduced to arguing whether we can swim or not.

If you want to swim and see nothing wrong with it (which I agree with, what's wrong with swimming) then go swim. I you don't want to swim don't

But seriously, stop trying to convince the other side

Next we will be arguing "can I hike? Guruji didn't, and it's manmat to admire nature or step on dirt that Non Sijhs have stepped on!"

Or

Can I use public restrooms? Somebody's bum touched it and he wasn't amritdhari!"

Sikhi is a growing evolving religion. Everyone feels differently about a topic, and JUST DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. Stop trying to push your views onto the other side, and stop making fun of them

But because these arguments against swimming are so ridiculous, I will argue them

It appears the main argument being use as to why Sikhs can't swim is because non-Sikhs also swim in it, making the water "jhoot". Well consider this

You touch a Non-Sikh. Jhoot. Can't do that.

You walk on the floor a non-Sikh walks on? Sorry, that's jhoot too then.

Sit in a non-Sikhs car? Jhoot.

Accept change from a cash register where a Non-Sikh hands it to you? Jhoot. Have to go to Pesh an retake Amrit now.

Everything is Jhoot on some level. Even that langar you got from Gurdwara prepare by an Amritdhari? The vegetables that were used, probably picked by a Non-Sikhs. Sorry, but your "pure" meal, that's jhoot too buddy according to your argument.

Did a Sikh with a lower Jeevan than you matha thek before Guruji? Sorry, that ground is now jhoot. You can't put your forehead there

Do you realize how <banned word filter activated> ridiculous this argument is?

This whole world is jhoot. Are you going to lock yourself in a sanatized room now where no one is allowed in or out?

Open your eyes

Going swimming is fine, but if your Amritdhari then its best not to swim where non-amritdharis swim because your face goes into the water and swallow or even getting some water in your mouth will mean you have drank jhoot. Then you will have to go back to the Punj Pyare and tell them your mistake. Where on a mistake like this you will have to take Amrit again.

Just like how at Harmandir Sahib bibian don't mix with Singhs, the same rehat must be kept when bathing and swimming anywhere else.