Standup Comedy & Quiz Night

CaptainC

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh Grreeeaaat!! Why not celebrate by having a keertan diwan or Akhand Path Sahib or Sukhmani Sahib path? Or is that just too "normal" and too "typical" and dare I say too "boring"???

Why are we attempting to re-invent all the time? Our Gursikh forefathers and foremothers showed us the true way to celebrate anniversaries and birthdays. Why make a tamasha out of it...

Rupinder Singh, what makes you think they dont organise Kirtan divaans etc?

I dont think anyone is trying to re invent anything here. Just because you have some singhs and singhnia thinking outside the box, that means they are doing "tamaashaa"?

KAURageous are a great group of sevadars who have the right idea - to try and educate our upcoming youth via languages they understand. Why dont you try being more supportive instead of starting a rant?

Congratulations to KAURageous East London on their 1 year anniversary and we hope the night goes very well for you.

:goodpost:

I dont think anyone is trying to re invent anything here. Just because you have some singhs and singhnia thinking outside the box, that means they are doing "tamaashaa"?

KAURageous are a great group of sevadars who have the right idea - to try and educate our upcoming youth via languages they understand. Why dont you try being more supportive instead of starting a rant?

Congratulations to KAURageous East London on their 1 year anniversary and we hope the night goes very well for you.

Ok maybe I don't get it and am not with it. I just don't see how we promote the dynamics of the sangat roop by watching a 10 minute sketch of the "Gillay Kacha Walay" Jatha mocking the dhuni

of the Guru Hargobind Sahib's Dhadi jatha's.

Ok maybe I don't get it and am not with it. I just don't see how we promote the dynamics of the sangat roop by watching a 10 minute sketch of the "Gillay Kacha Walay" Jatha mocking the dhuni

of the Guru Hargobind Sahib's Dhadi jatha's.

If you have personal problems with someone

keep it out of this please

Benti. You guys are going to do this regardless. But just think about what you actually want to get out if this. Do you want laha of the sangat roop during naam abiyaas/Gurbani keertan or when they sit and giggle at a comedy act and give you praise for being innovative and fresh.

I've had my rant and rave and will not take up anymore of your time.

Well Gurbani doesnt say "Don't smile or laugh"... infact, even Guru Ji was known to have a mazaaik, humerous personality, and thats portrayed in some of His teachings.

In a world where darkness is upon us - from kids stabbing each other to world wide terrorism, i say "smile, and the world will smile with you".