Leaving Sikhi

Gupti

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sangatji

Just to clarify this guy is a Hindu who was interested in Sikhi. He lives in a area where there are many Muslims. He was not born in a Sikh family. That being said, it is sad that anyone would think that Islam is better than Sikhi. But this is what is promoted on SA. If anyone says anything critical of Islam, there are nangs there who will jump on what that person says. But they leave no stone unturned to post BS about Sikhism such as Bibiyan who wear Keskis become 'third gender'

It seems that this guy has made the mistake of thinking that the superficial friendliness of Muslims makes Islam a religion that he should accept. In the end he owes it to himself to look deeper. It is to the sources he should go, to the Guru Granth Sahib and the Koran. He if leaves aside what the behaviour of Sikhs and Muslims he has met is like and bases his decison of what the Guru Granth Sahib teaches and what the Koran teaches then he would never even think about becoming a Muslim let alone publicising the fact.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

sikhi is the best religion on earth!!! for me..hehe

hmm..my view is the same as veerji sIngh's :

If they wanna be muslim then be a good muslim

if they wanna be a christian then be a good christian

if they wanna be a athiest then be a good athiest

Stay with the religion u have and have full faith in it..n plus...God is One (Ik Oangkar) so....y change?

but veerji rochak's case...he did it for the best.. :@ and i'm very happy for it!

even like me..i have a lot of christians frens...n they talk abt christianity...n i fiind it quite cool...but wat i do is..i get the similarities of sikhi n christianity...n wat i found that..there're a lot of similarities!!...n i'm happy for it...we share with each other...so they understand abt sikhi n dun really question me much abt y am i a vegetarian..or y do i wear a scarf...etc...coz they know...n if they have a question...i encourage them to ask...so that they'll know n will not talk behind my back or sumthing..

n u know...that day..one of my teacher..was complaining away abt y do i dun eat meat..bla bla bla...i was shocked!!..lolz...n i was surprised that my fren actually supported me...n i was so happy!...but seriously..that teacher!! :@ @

bhul chuk maaf

my 2 ce

nts...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest balwinderkaur

ive only got one question in my mind now for that dude: why punish SIKHEE for what the "SIKHS" did to you??????????????????????????????????????????????? :'( *sob* and yes rochak bhai is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo right*sigh* but in the end if he wanna be muslim, be a GOOD muslim :@ good luck to him. :@

nanak naam chardeekala tere bhaanay SARBATT DA BHALA

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i dont know this discussion belongs to this topic or not.....but i want to give a feeling of my heart...

i went back india few months b4.....and visisted punjab too...my maternal family is from patiala...anywys when i went amritsar...Harmandir Sahib was grrrt...

now wht i felt bad was that when i saw the kaar seva video...

ppl rushing to do seva for Harmandin Sahib....

hmmm...good thing...excellent...but wht abt the other gurudwaras...especially the one which is alongside the Harmandir Sahib..i forgot the name of that historical gurudwara....

but it was a shame for me.....its soooo near to Harmandir Sahib...not even 10 steps i think its along side Guru Arjan Dev ji niwas...but still if u c the place where u keep ure shoes...horrible....the sarovar in it..black....the walls..all deteriorated...not only this gurudwars...many others too in amritsar...is ths the sewa..where a gurudwara already so lavished ...does it needs to be more lavished....

i know wht ppl think...its Golden Temple....ehich the britishers named...but they forgot that its Harmandir Sahib... i agree the importance of this gurudwara in Sikhi....thus no other gurudwara can take place of Harmandir Sahib...but yes all other gurudwaras can become a Golden temple...!!

ppl keep cleaning the floor and walls of darbaar sahib...but never realized there is a gurudwara just alongside..

most of the ppl i saw i saw had fallen .....in the morning for prakash...everyone pushing each other to take the SGGS

inside...they even pushed my mother...i even said..is it the way...darshan is more important or touching...but who listens...stepping on each other...huh....

ppl picking up flowers which is being thrown on SGGS....i think its lind faith...

in the video...i saw someone giving golden spades..ok ji gud sewa...but it wud have been a better seva if he wud have done for another gurdwara too....

there's soo much sangat in Harmandir Sahib....if everyone contribute even 1 rupee....at night...there wud be thousand rupees....but for other gurudwara...not even 200.....

so y to do sooo much seva which is already lavish....do seva for other gurudwaras...make every gurdwara a Golden temple

i cant say much more..i dont know its right or wrong .....but this is wht i saw...it hurt me....

Guest SikhForLife

i think we all need to realize that this guy is just seeking attention and out to find faults..

yes i admit not everyone is perfect,, we can work on our unity and behaviors but lets not be saddened or even angry at this guy leaving... instead wish him well..

People come and go as they please, no one should be wasting their energy on being sad. There are things to be sad about in this world and this is definitely not one of them.

One of the beauty's of Sikhism is that we don't force our doctrine and practices upon other people. Free-will is the key. If someone wants to leave by God wish them a happy life and let them find their own way.

although i pretty much agree with almost everybody here

i think that people still have a responsibility to give love

so many people gave me love

and that is the only reason i am slowly slowly coming closer to guru jee

my own bad karma has caused me to fall many times

but whatever progress i have made is only because of the love that the sadh sangat gave me

otherwise who knows where i would be today

i think that anybody you see who is confused or genuinely doubtful, fine - don't preach - but do give them love. yes, i shouldn't try to preach - my actions will speak for themselves, and more than that my ardas for the person.

the two best things we can do for people who are losing faith:

- give them love

- do ardas for them

so many people gave me love and this is the only reason i have 5 kakars on me and call myself guru's son

i know my actions need to improve and i hope i can stop being a manmukh,

but the only reason i even have THAT realization is because i see gurmukhs and their love and i am inspired by it

prem kee jeet = panth kee jeet.

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!