Advice!

Guest _Khalsa_

Guest _Khalsa_

Fateh Ji!!

I really need some advice!!

Basically i try and wear Bana 24/7 which means i wear it outside aswell. At first it woz ok. No1 said anythin. But recently alot of gore are shouting stuff at me as they go past. They shout things out of their car and sometimes even throw things at me. And it gets worse and worse as time moves on. Today atleast 3 people called me "gender confused" and said that i was wearing a "skirt".

What do u guys do 2 racist ppl that say stuff? I use to ignore it but i feel as Guru Gobind Singh Ji's sons and daughters we need to stand up for ourselves!! Please Help!!

Waheguru!!!

I totally disagree an fink its brilliant tht u are wearin bana and should carryin on doin so even if it can be difficult at times but i wouldnt say stop wearin it but jus try t ignore them n where u feel u hav t stik up for ur rights. i personally jus ignorethem...wel try too....

Always remember Waheguru, never for get Waheguru. Remember why you are wearing the bana, and who you are trying to impress. You should only be impressing God. Keep wearing your bana, do not get caught up in the maya. This is probably just God's test to you to see how well you can handle it. If you pass the test, you will be rewarded with peace and no one shall harm or cause you any grief.

Singh just shout back, "God Bless you" they wont know how to respond.

Do this and most probably they wont say anything to you again. Dont get angry or else they gonna keep saying stuff to you. It'll be even better if you can explain it to them why you are wearing a bana. As kammy kaur said smile and remain in chardikala because you are wearing a bana which most of us cant even wear it to a gurudwara.

Singh just shout back, "God Bless you" they wont know how to respond.

That's a good way to tackle the situation, also smile at them and remain in Chardi Kala - basically don't give them the satisfaction that they've hit a nerve or discouraged you in any way. . .

agreed totally with the above suggestions! :TH:

it's sad that you're being harassed over bana, but it's not necessarily racism, is it? unfortunately, white sikhs take just as much crap when wearing bana or even just regular punjabi clothes and a dastaar. :kaur:

Guest __singh__

Look them in the eye and smile and then ignore them as they are nobody! Make them realise that they are just ignorant fools who know nothing! They are just being ignorant make it known to them that you think they are rats and inferior to you, which they are! (read khalsanama). Don't be rude or aggressive, just ignore their behaviour but don't ignore them! It is better to have your head cut off then to bend your neck and live like a dead person!

Mod Edit : Last comment unnecessary!

post-0-1221575245_thumb.jpg