• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday 25th Oct 2008

Raensabaayee Keertan + Amrit Sanchaar

7:00 PM to 4:00 AM

Gurdwara Guru Nanak, Smethwick

128-130 High Street, Smethwick, Warley, B66 3AP

- Commemorating 300 years GurGaddi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji -

Saturday 25th October 2008, 8pm @ Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick. 128-130 High Street, Smethwick, West Midlands, B66 3AP. For any queries, contact Bhai Tarunjit Singh: 07877 888874. Kakkaars will provided as seva by AKJ UK

wjkkwjkp!

sorry that this has nothing to do with the actually event but it MUST be mentioned.

We need to STOP using the term "commemorating" when talking about 300 years of Guroo Saahibs Gurgaddi. Commemorating means to "honour the memory of" we are not honouring Guroo Saahibs memory (past tense) but celebratingtheir existance (present tense).

So please, a humble Benti, be careful of what terms we use when talking about Guroo Saahib. They are Haazar Naazar and the Partakh Guroo.

wjkkwjkp!

yes...naam drirh is given at all amrit sanchaars...if it wasnt, there would be no point of the amrit sanchaar.....naam drirhtaa is the same at all amrit sanchaars.

Is it Pardip Singh? Not what you said in past.

Challo Guru Kirpa kare

quick question

NO DEBATE PLEASE.

will choola be given to those wanting to recieve choola?

You can go pesh and ask Panj or alternatively call to the number given.

Saturday 25th Oct 2008

Saturday 25th October 2008, 8pm @ Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick. 128-130 High Street, Smethwick, West Midlands, B66 3AP. For any queries, contact Bhai Tarunjit Singh: 07877 888874. Kakkaars will provided as seva by AKJ UK

wjkkwjkp!

sorry that this has nothing to do with the actually event but it MUST be mentioned.

We need to STOP using the term "commemorating" when talking about 300 years of Guroo Saahibs Gurgaddi. Commemorating means to "honour the memory of" we are not honouring Guroo Saahibs memory (past tense) but celebratingtheir existance (present tense).

So please, a humble Benti, be careful of what terms we use when talking about Guroo Saahib. They are Haazar Naazar and the Partakh Guroo.

wjkkwjkp!

Good point veerji has picked up on and everyone could take note of this as many posters are likely to say this.

Saturday 25th Oct 2008

wjkkwjkp!

wjkkwjkp!

Meaning of Commemorating:

1.to serve as a memorial or reminder of: The monument commemorates the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

2.to honor the memory of by some observance: to commemorate the dead by a moment of silence; to commemorate Bastille Day.

3.to make honorable mention of.

Really its what context you are talking about when you use this word. The word has 3 resgitered meanings. I would choose the 3rd meaning of the word commeroration in this example.

good point made my taksali singh...i didnt think of that...maybe the topic starter could change that word to something else

k_z is right that this topic is changing from what it became...someone asked about naam drirhta, and i gave him an answer from my understanding like others have done, which is part of the topic...

the untruthfull comment made by rsingh was uncalled for. he knows very well what my views are on that subject, so i dont know why he is lying on this forum..may it was a political tactic or it was a simple mistake by rsingh...but if he does want to discuss the past maybe he can contact me personally and i can remind of some comments that he has made in the past.

the next REINSABAI is:

Oct 18 2008 Raensabaayee Keertan

7:00 PM to 5:00 AM

Singh Sabha Guruduara Sahib, Derby

Princess St, Derby, DE23 8NT

- 300 years of Gurgaddi Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee -

Bh. Satnam Singh (Derby)

Phone: +447852252462

Bh. Baljit Singh (Derby)

Phone: +447795545475

Saturday 25th Oct 2008

wjkkwjkp!

wjkkwjkp!

true say

good point made my taksali singh...i didnt think of that...maybe the topic starter could change that word to something else

k_z is right that this topic is changing from what it became...someone asked about naam drirhta, and i gave him an answer from my understanding like others have done, which is part of the topic...

the untruthfull comment made by rsingh was uncalled for. he knows very well what my views are on that subject, so i dont know why he is lying on this forum..may it was a political tactic or it was a simple mistake by rsingh...but if he does want to discuss the past maybe he can contact me personally and i can remind of some comments that he has made in the past.

the next REINSABAI is:

Oct 18 2008 Raensabaayee Keertan

7:00 PM to 5:00 AM

Singh Sabha Guruduara Sahib, Derby

Princess St, Derby, DE23 8NT

- 300 years of Gurgaddi Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee -

Bh. Satnam Singh (Derby)

Phone: +447852252462

Bh. Baljit Singh (Derby)

Phone: +447795545475

Nice response PSD sahib

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday 25th Oct 2008

- Celebrating 300 years GurGaddi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji -