Dancing

Guest gajinder

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not about wrong or right, there is no wrong or right, its just a preference. Its about your priorties as a person,..what is going to help or take you away from acheiving YOUR goal...and as a gursikh, the ultimate goal is brahmgyaan..so...think independantly, how is going to the prom influencing your priorties ..helping...or distracting..? e.c.t

being a senior in a public high school, i have never gone to a high school dance.. and everyone is telling me to but I don't know if I would feel comfortable there or even if I would be allowed. Do you think it is wrong to go to these kinds of things?

Really, you guys are taking it way too far. Its just dancing ohmygosh its not cutting your hair. Why are some people so strict? Going to a dance doesn't mean you have to slow dance. (you would know if you had been to one) and who is saying that dancing is better than gurmat? why do some people take things out of proportion? OBVIOUSLY you cant find spirituality in dancing. But if your a senior (last year imm thinking) go ahead, make something fun out of your years @ school. Listen, you can't say if anything is bad by not trying it, hypocrites <_< . Its only what you people see in movies or in the news. AND ANOTHER THING: DANCING IS NOT RAPE. IT DOES NOT LEAD TO RAPE.

btw. im a 3rd year student of health sci & i fulfill my spiritual duties but once in a while, its okay to go out.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

I know most of u gonna say i m manmukh and all that. listen i used to do bhangra in my school times then i quit because of some frnds who said it is against sikhi. now i do it again. i dnt see anything bad in tht. in 2nd post my kali veer said that guru said that dnt talk with manmukhs...my dearest veerji then why did guru nanak dev ji and everyone talk with everyperson my looking at single jot of waheguru in all. and tell me one thing isnt this hankar that we all are showing by saying u do bhangra means u manmukh and we are gurmukhs because we dnt do bhangra and all. also one of my brother was yelling at this other brother that people who do rape and all they have fun and all tht junk... for tht veerji, did he ever said anything like tht for which u said all this.

bhul chuk maff

Remember if we're saying dancing is manmat, dont forget every action that is not gurmat,( i.e following guru's mat) is manmat.

I say before carrying out any action, think about what your intent is, thing about the benefit you will gain. Personally i think being around loud music, and that sort of atmosphere associated with dancing, will only bring negativity to ones jeevan.

End of the day, its your decision.

gurfateh jee

ok now wheter i y point of view is different. i like this post because atleast she think what she said. not just yelling and proving herself gurmukh and others manmukh.

thanks

being a senior in a public high school, i have never gone to a high school dance.. and everyone is telling me to but I don't know if I would feel comfortable there or even if I would be allowed. Do you think it is wrong to go to these kinds of things?

*sigh* honestly man if u want to go an ur boi's r going like just go.. goin to 1 dance for 1 night wont be the end of the world.. sikhi doesnt say u cant have fun.. dont wry about it kid, jus goo an have funn... if ur parents will let u tht is =P LOLL

VAHEGUROOOJIKAKHALSAVAHEGUROOOJIKIFATHE!!!

Khalsa ji

well y dont all the singhs go out one nite to the pub and get drunk only once

because it wrong if u do it once it gona get your mind into it and that will distroy u

and its same with danceing

so singh ji i know its your last year dass knows its hard

dass is at school is well dass knows how everyone says do this do that nothing wrong with it.

but lot wrong with it.

in guru time there was danceing guruji said no its bad for as so why not jus listen to guru ji and stop arguing its guru ji he knows everything why argu with guru ji

dass is at school is well dass knows how everyone says do this do that nothing wrong with it.

but lot wrong with it.

dass ment they say nothing wrong with danceing and drinking but there is alot wrong with it because guru ji said so