sggs

DhadiMania

Ok, look at it this way:

Yes, all the Guru Sahibs allowed people of different races to see them. Our Guru Sahibs even went to robbers, chors to help them get back on track, Sajjan Thug for example. BUT gyaan/naam was only blessed to those who took dekheaa charnaa amrit or khande ki phaul. So there is a difference between just seeing the Guru and getting gyaan from him. So there's really nothing wrong with reading the translation of Guru Sahib's baani, but to get max laaha, you would have to follow his commands:

gwivAw suixAw iqn kw hir Qwie pwvY ijn siqgur kI AwigAw siq siq kir mwnI ]1]

With regard to the topic, that is absolute nonsense that only Amritdharis are allowed to read it. Remember that this was written from GURU NANAK DEV JI through to GURU TEG BAHADUR JEE. Amrit WASN'T EVEN INVENTED!! Anyone who wished to consult the Guru could do so, and they did.

This is totally off the topic, but Amrit has always been here, is still here, and will always be here. The ceremony of initiation was just different, but Sikhs were still initiated with amrit before Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Do a search for charna amrit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy hu wrote that amrit wuznt invented wuznt rite 4 sayin this. amrit has always bin there, heck even the hindu gods luvin it, its there alcohol. bak 2 topic, ure sayin ppl like sajjan thugg actually r allowed 2 touch the pages of sggs n read it out? like i say u only c gyanis doin all this, n if the lil kids r gonna do prakash etc this iz alwayz dun i the presense of an amritdhari.

well, back in good old days @ Amritsar when my mom was young...we used to have Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee's parkash at our home as our karaidaars were strict Amridharis , and then like we have a room for Guru Sahib and my mom, who was at the time the religious one in our family used to to Sehaj path...and complete the reading with devotion. it was great she told me. [either i was too small or remember or i wasn't born yet] and when they moved other place they asked my mom if we wanted Guru Sahib at our home....but my mom refused as she told that for doing so she needed to be strict Amritdhari etc...and much respect and all. as she wasn't Amritdhari then either. so after that they took Guru Sahib with them, and times changed...and we became "normal punjabis" :@ @

Good discussion going on... :@

I have one doubt,

As Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the jot of 10 patshaahi, sggs ji is our guru...

But if a moorakh like me, who is not amritdhari, wants to go to his guru, for the enlightment of path to be followed, am i not allowed to??

If i'm not allowed to do so, what are the sources which will enlight my path and will correct me.......

May be again i'm wrong here, but lets say a non sikh wants to be sikh, what will be his source of inspiration???......just giyani'z of gurudwara or moorakh like me??

Or yeah, he or she can browse through the internet to get the required knowledge, but this is present...

what in the past, when there was no internet?

daas seeks maafi if offended someone...just my opinion

I believe Kandola started this topic to get information if his mona friend could keep Satguru Ji's translation, but now it seems like it is changing towards the discussion if mone people can keep sarroop of Guru Grant Sahib ji at home. This is a totally different discussion and should be treated as such.

I dont agree, we are not completely digressing....

if i have to ask these questions..should i start new thread???

obviously not ji, topic'z heading says

SGGS ji..........u have to be amritdhari to "READ"

i dont c anything which says..to keep translations in above haeding

and above all, if some of my monaa friend come to me and ask i want to explore your sikhi, i want to understand teachings of sikhi, i should know the sources..or i'll say....veer even i have to do that..lets start together....and lemme ask if any of us can read from Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Bhul Chuk Maaf

I'm not a scholar of Sikhi and neither do I know much about it. To tell you the truth, I have been doing nitnaem regularly for about 3 years now and I still have a hard time understanding what Guru Sahib ji is telling us in baani. Sometimes when I am finally able to understand something, the meaning would change the next time I read the same shabad. The more I try to search for something, the more I have to dig in Guru Granth Sahib. I'm not saying I'm a big time researcher but it does happen sometimes.

Guru Granth Sahib Ji's baani is what we need to achieve our final aim, so it should not be taken as a small thing. If someone wants to start learning about Sikhi, I don't think the best idea would be to go straight to Guru Sahib and start reading baani. Yes, go to him and ask for his blessings so you can understand baani but for your benefit, reading history of Sikhi, reading lifestories of Guru Sahibs and Bhagats would help more, especially for people who haven't advanced much spiritually, let alone started walking on this path.

To understand baani, you would have to understand the reason why Guru Sahib brought it for us.

Anyway, this is how I see it. You might be the person who has a different approach. If you want to jump into the ocean without even knowing how to swim, then it's upto you. No sarcasm, but again, this is my way.

SGGS ji..........u have to be amritdhari to "READ"

i dont c anything which says..to keep translation

s in above haeding

sum1 i no wanted 2 get sggs english version, but didnt hav the space 4 it. nyway we now hav got this debate. n i need help. now i sed u hav 2 b amritdhari (n obviously veggie) 2 read frm sggs.
- this is from the first post.

Feel free to research Guru Sahib, but don't forget, before you graduate from high school, you have to complete 12 grades.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I think this is where that trap falls in the line between Guru and holy book (another topic). We look at our Guru Sahib and treat it with the best that we can give it (ie: only Amritdhari sikhs allowed anywhere near it). But remember, the Adi Granth sahib was designed as a guidebook for how to live our lives. You cannot seriously expect others to follow the guide without being allowed to read the guide-book! Remember, everything is relative: this is our Guru, but to a Christian, its a guide. It would be morally wrong to forbit the Christian from reading the guide to become a better person (or eventually a Sikh).

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Personally, I don't see whats wrong with it. If a person wants to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, they should not have eaten meat before, or have been intoxicated. If they wish to keep Guru Ji in their homes, they should treat Guru Ji with utmost respect and should be willing to give up meat and other things.

Any individual is allowed to read SGGS.. Sikhism is open to all. You never know.. by Guru Ji's kirpa, while reading the individual might get the urge to take amrit or even better, be f a rehitvaan gursikh.

The reason why you only see amritdharis reading SGGS in gurdwaras, is because this is maryada. Only amritdharis who have knowledge and have taken santhia, or been to taksaals can read SGGS in gurdwaras...

Thats why its important to take santhia....certain words have different meanings.. thats why they started taksaals as instiutions of learning back in the day...

refer to www.damdamitaksaal.com for info on why Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj started taksaals...* simply put, a singh was doing dakhni oankaar, and pronounced one word wrong. and it upset Guru Ji, because gurbani is like angs of the Guru

bhul chuk maaf for anything i said wrong