sggs

DhadiMania

damdami taksal's view on this is- Anyone can read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, regardless of religion caste or creed. However, when in the presence of the Sangat or Guru roop guru khalsa ji in gurdwara, then only an amritdhari sikh is to carry out the reciting of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

And personally i agree with this because I would rather see an amritdhari sikh who has submitted to God's will and has given thier heads to their Guru by keeping the kakaars rather than someone who is still mona and tryung to keep their french-cut beard in good shape.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru Granth Sahib Ji's baani is what we need to achieve our final aim
u mean to read bani from Guru Granth Sahib is our final aim ohmy.gif ....or to walk on the path enlighted by Guru Granth Sahib's bani
but for your benefit, reading history of Sikhi, reading lifestories of Guru Sahibs and Bhagats would help more, especially for people who haven't advanced much spiritually, let alone started walking on this path.

Veer ji, u mentioned u are doing nitnem for last 3 years, ^_^^_^ , but this moorakh is doing nitnem since i was 7 or 8, now i'm 23, even i havent reached that spiritual level till now, do i read sikh history again or read life of bhagats again....or am i ready to read from Guru Granth Sahib

ji?

You might be the person who has a different approach. If you want to jump into the ocean without even knowing how to swim, then it's upto you. No sarcasm, but again, this is my way.

Veer ji, if i jump into an ocean of knowledge by my guru, i'm sure i will be at the safest place, coz my guru wont leave me alone there, but not only guide me but also help me in swimming there. Secondly, abs. that was not a sarcasm, but was wisecrack.

Daas seeks maafi, if offended you.....but again this is my way

SOGGS

PErsonally i think each individual has a different way of learning, you believe that a person shouldn't go to SGGS first but other sources, i however completely disagree. I think thats the first place theys houdl go to....this is our guru, our guide, our leader (and when i say this i mean the baani on the pages of SGGS not the pages itself). This leads me to the fact that reading the words online or in pothiyan is the same as reading them from SGGS. Bani is bani. IT doesn't change based on ways of reading it.

SIkhi is not about restrictions, its about discipline, and the discpline is maintained when in formal congregation ti should be one that does not commit kuraits AND a amritdhari...I personally think to preach to the sangat, simply being amrit dhari is not enough, but thats a whole other discussion.

it wuz me hu started it, actually m not sure if this guy iz ma frnd, c this guy is gay, n i posted on the site wot he wrote (cuz he wanted sggs english translation) along time bak, but ppl complained 2 admin. it wuz that ofensiv. now i wrote 2 him recently sayin u HAV 2 b amritdhari 2 read frm sggs. vaneet singh, these r the questions m askin 2 the sangat, dont make a nu thread.

now the gay guy also sez he went 2 singh sabha n saw a women readin frm sggs, n she wasnt wearin 2 turban (hes bin on sikhnet 2 much), all she wore wuz a scrf. he sed gimme a quote frm nywhere sayin u hav 2 amritdhari. i sed (via email, all tthis happened thru email) i sed luk @ rehat maryada. he sez that goes against wot the gurus wrote. (2 much sikhnet) so hes sayin wt guru gobind singh wrote himself is against wot guru ji wanted (2 much sikhnet i say)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

sure mona can read

anyone can read bani, as long as they havent eaten mean or smoked or drank, something like that

but, mona can read only on their own time, like by themselves, for their own spiritiual gain

but in sangat, only amridhari can read guru je

for example,

a mona reading when sangat has all left, nobody is there

okay

a mona doing a role, taking turn to read during an akhand paat, for sangat

not okay

so, by himself okay

if sangat there, then only amritdhari

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Guru Granth Sahib Ji's baani is what we need to achieve our final aim

u mean to read bani from Guru Granth Sahib is our final aim ohmy.gif ....or to walk on the path enlighted by Guru Granth Sahib's bani

You have quoted that line from my post and your answer is right there....

Veer ji, u mentioned u are doing nitnem for last 3 years,  , but this moorakh is doing nitnem since i was 7 or 8, now i'm 23, even i havent reached that spiritual level till now, do i read sikh history again or read life of bhagats again....or am i ready to read from Guru Granth Sahib ji?
That's upto you to decide. I'm not saying DON'T do path. I 'ONLY' recommened telling you

r 'non-Sikh' friends who have no knowledge of Sikhi to do research about Sikhi so they get an idea of what this religion is all about.

Yes, go to him and ask for his blessings so you can understand baani but for your benefit, reading history of Sikhi, reading lifestories of Guru Sahibs and Bhagats would help more, especially for people who haven't advanced much spiritually, let alone started walking on this path.

clear?

Veer ji, if i jump into an ocean of knowledge by my guru, i'm sure i will be at the safest place, coz my guru wont leave me alone there, but not only guide me but also help me in swimming there.
There are many people out there, me for example, who claim to be scholors or act like them, but in reality they don't know much because they haven't done the kamaae, again, take me as an example. Yes, Guru Sahib will help you don't this is what Bhagat Kabeer Ji says:

kbIr swcw siqguru ikAw krY jau isKw mih cUk ]

AMDy eyk n lwgeI ijau bWsu bjweIAY PUk ]158]

PErsonally i think each individual has a different way of learning, you believe that a person shouldn't go to SGGS first but other sources, i however completely disagree. I think thats t

he first place theys houdl go to....this is our guru, our guide, our leader (and when i say this i mean the baani on the pages of SGGS not the pages itself).

Phain ji... I agree totally, I might not have explained myself clearly but if you read my post again, you would notice that I only suggested not start doing path directly from Guru Granth Sahib ji to those who aren't already into Sikhi. Even if you are into Sikhi, you still have to do certain things before can you do and understand path of Guru Granth Sahib ji. Like you have to take santheaa or learn path from one who already knows how to do it. Just try reading the Sehahkriti Saloks and you would know what I mean. Anyway again, DO NOT think that I'm saying it's WRONG to do path from Guru Sahib, DO IT IF YOU CAN, but as I SUGGESTED earlier to the 'newbies', do some other research first.

bhull chuk maff krnee

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh