Anti Panthic Activity At Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Nottingham

Bahadur_Bahadur

What is being asked is 'what is the value of hosting many Akand Paaths together' ? You are not reading more bani because there are more Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jis -its not as simple as that -there is no correlation. Please stick to the question.

I suppose more Granthi Singhs benefit. Not sure if the sangat do :umm:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually reminds me of some Katha I heard a while ago... Some Singh said he wanted to do 12 Sukhmani Sahibs (I think it was 12) at their house one after the other (12 hours). Sounds great!

However, the Singh wasn't at all keen when the katha vachak suggested they do 1 Sukhmani Sahib Paath and spend the other 11 hours doing katha and understanding Sukhmani Sahib. Quantity or quality?

What is being asked is 'what is the value of hosting many Akand Paaths together' ? You are not reading more bani because there are more Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jis -its not as simple as that -there is no correlation. Please stick to the question.

What is the purpose of an Akand Path:

To enable the Sangat to listen to bani, if this is the case, then surley only one akand path is needed, as all the others reading bani, are doing so silently.

Who benefits from many akand Paths ? Those that are reading bani, are doing so for themselves, as they are the only ones who can hear what is being read (silently). If they are truly devoted to reading bani, during an akand path and the only opportunity is by having more than one akand path (not really true, as they could do a sehaj path in their own time), they SHOULD NOT GAT PAID FOR DOING SO.

Theres nothing wrong with having more than one akhand paaht at the same time. Nanaksar, Rarra Sahib and many other Gurdware sahib do parkaash and akhand paaht of more than one suroop of maharaj. As long as maryada & satkaar is kept 100%.

These panjab radio lot have been making up their own maryada and have started to do alot of false anti panthic parchaar about maryada, rehit and guru sahib's baani. These are the guys who say Sri Guru Dasam Granth isnt bani, jot, thoof and naareal shudnt be present at akhand paaht, 3 bania should be read at morning nitnem, doing nindiya of mahapursha etc etc etc and the list goes on.

Id rather not listen to these panjab radio lot. Instead we should read up on maryada, rehit from different sampardaa (nihang dals, taksal etc, read Gurbani Paaht Darpan by Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindranwale) so we have a better knowledge of how maharaj satkaar, maryada, rehit, akhand paaht and sehaj paaht's should be kept.

What is the purpose of an Akand Path:

To enable the Sangat to listen to bani, if this is the case, then surley only one akand path is needed, as all the others reading bani, are doing so silently.

Who benefits from many akand Paths ? Those that are reading bani, are doing so for themselves, as they are the only ones who can hear what is being read (silently). If they are truly devoted to reading bani, during an akand path and the only opportunity is by having more than one akand path (not really true, as they could do a sehaj path in their own time), they SHOULD NOT GAT PAID FOR DOING SO.

Thank you for your responses and aiding my understanding.

So are you saying hosting many Akand Paaths is merely for financial gain ?

Guru Ji saryanoo kirpa karee.

wat you need to undersatnd is that ther is always an ardas behind an akhand paat

i've been to a gurdwara in india where the granthi did an ardas sayin "waheguru ji we are doin 5 akhand paats for the chardi kala of the panth"........and they wer all done in one darbar sahib together and in this case its for celebrating 300 years of Guru Granth Sahib Ji being our guru

dont think thers anything wrong with that??

Gurbani is also a form of pehta , or offering, to Akaal Purkh. I guess that may have something to do with keeping more than 1 Akhand Paath.

With respect to the Gurdwara committee: the Sangat vote them in, so if they don't like them, they should campaign effectively and choose better people in the next election.

Gurbani is also a form of pehta , or offering, to Akaal Purkh. I guess that may have something to do with keeping more than 1 Akhand Paath.

With respect to the Gurdwara committee: the Sangat vote them in, so if they don't like them, they should campaign effectively and choose better people in the next election.

Thanks again for raising my understanding. Truely appreciated. However Matheen, these committewalae are so bent that they rig the elections with their own people and twist the Gurdwara consitution in their favour -making it difficult for asli suchaa sewa to take place !